closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Good Deals Thread

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That blazer reminds me of a documentary I watched about tkmaxx a few weeks ago. Alongside the genuine brands they sell they also have hundreds of brand names they have made up themselves and registered to empty offices they rent out. They then get the items manufactured in the far east very cheaply and pitch them alongside genuine gucci etc.
    Like the blazer you have pointed out the savings appear massive but are totally illusory.
    I’m told (by a fashion insider) that some of the big brands make clothes specifically for them, which in some cases may be patterns from previous years, and left over or more affordable fabrics. Reusing the patterns avoids development costs and monetises old work, and can still turn a profit at the ‘reduced’ price. These are essentially brand new garments that were never on sale in that form anywhere else, so it does make you wonder what the full price and reduction actually refers to, though the garments themselves may still be a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I’m told (by a fashion insider) that some of the big brands make clothes specifically for them, which in some cases may be patterns from previous years, and left over or more affordable fabrics. Reusing the patterns avoids development costs and monetises old work, and can still turn a profit at the ‘reduced’ price. These are essentially brand new garments that were never on sale in that form anywhere else, so it does make you wonder what the full price and reduction actually refers to, though the garments themselves may still be a good deal.
    Yes, this was also covered in the same documentary. They used the example of Calvin Klein boxer shorts that were made exclusively for tkmaxx out of cheaper materials and with less detailing. These shorts were never available on the high street, only in tkmaxx but the customer isn't aware of this.
    In their defence, the programme did stress that tkmaxx has an army of buyers, I think they said 6000 whose sole job is to continually ring companies for discounts, excess stock, search for bankrupt stock etc etc. The majority of stuff in stores is genuine discounted stock.

the first jacket has been reduced so much for a reason - unless you are jacob rees mogg no bugger else would be seen dead in it . :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    the first jacket has been reduced so much for a reason - unless you are jacob rees mogg no bugger else would be seen dead in it . :)
    You have a point there, though isn’t his signature style a comically roomy double breasted tent? However three buttons is arguably going in the same general direction…