closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC Divers, issued v civilian

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Apologies but, why were they given to the BBC?
    They were given to corespondents to help time pieces to camera
    Quite common for use by war correspondents apparently.

The editors also used CWC pocket chronos for timing filming

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    They were given to corespondents to help time pieces to camera
    Quite common for use by war correspondents apparently.

The editors also used CWC pocket chronos for timing filming
    Interesting - Thanks!

I’m a G10 chap and I have to say, the prices are going through the roof. It’s the one you don’t have that keeps you searching. No doubt the same for the diver’s watches.
    The holy grail is the none lume Navigator as used on Nuclear submarines. I missed a 1981 none lume fat nav in terrible external condition recently. Dial and hands looked OK and it was a runner. A service with Olivier would have sorted it out. I put in offers and they were rejected with no counter offer. Very poor info from the seller and no description. You had to know what it was, I could not believe the seller made no reference to the rarity, just called it a British army watch. It was filthy dirty.
    I eventually found out what he would accept, raced home on a journey taking 35 mins and it was sold to someone else in the meantime.
    I felt gutted as I should have paid the price there and then and not wasted more time.
    In the cold light of day with my sensible head on, why was I prepared to pay over the top for something that was dirty and bashed? Simple answer, it was really rare and it would have been the pinnacle of my collection.

So if anyone has a none lume Navigator for sale from any year, I’d be interested!!