closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gaming Headsets

Master

Gaming Headsets

My lad has tasked me with getting him a new headset, and I know very little about them, it will be used for PC and Xbox gaming so needs cross comparability.
    He is really against cordless for some reason despite always having his Bluetooth headphones with him for music.
    In the past the cables seem to be the weak point so a bonus would be replaceable cables.
    Budget wise I'm pretty flexible it's all he wants for Christmas and he will use them everyday.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

Been through this many times with my two. They trash the wired ones in no time at all (cables fail). No such problems since going wireless. If you can avoid it don't buy cheap ones as the batteries aren't great. Been there and done that. I'm sure there are many options but the wireless ones from Microsoft have been the best for my two. Both had them 12 months now and still going strong. Minor niggle with them is that if they use with their laptops, the XBOX turns on too. I haven't found a fix for this yet, so hopefully someone here will chip in to solve it.

They aren't the cheapest either.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    My lad has tasked me with getting him a new headset, and I know very little about them, it will be used for PC and Xbox gaming so needs cross comparability.
    He is really against cordless for some reason despite always having his Bluetooth headphones with him for music.
    In the past the cables seem to be the weak point so a bonus would be replaceable cables.
    Budget wise I'm pretty flexible it's all he wants for Christmas and he will use them everyday.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk
    The problem with wireless is the lag, so make sure you get some optimised for gaming with no lag. I tried my Bose with my PS4 and it was pretty much impossible to play. Can’t offer any advice on what’s best as I only play on PS4 and use the Sony pulse headset.

Master
    The intended recipient is "really against cordless", so wireless is out of scope.

I have a gaming headset with a detachable (and replaceable) cable, it's a cheap Chinese one from Amazon and not really what's wanted, but what I would say is that the detachable cable works well - doesn't crackle and stays put.

Has to be wired if gaming. You can use any headphones you like, doesn't matter if expensive or cheap. Handler is a massive YouTuber who is seriously good and he uses a cheap $35 Turtle Beach headset.

The wire for the Bose comes separate and is about £25

Wireless sucks anyway. Lag plus battery issues. Even with a decent battery lag appears when battery starts to get low. I actually found the same with wireless mouse - it absolutely chewed through batteries so now I’m fully cabled. Agree turtle beach are very decent and more importantly reliable.

Craftsman
    I use Astro A50 with my Xbox (also compatible with PC) and don’t find any issue with lag or battery life, as they just go straight back on their base station after every session. Mic seems good as a mate has them too and cross chat seems crystal clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    These https://drop.com/buy/drop-epos-pc38x-gaming-headset. Plus this is a bargain price for them. EPOS = Sennheiser. They come with two cable lengths. The short is perfect for the controller connection. The original is a black and yellow colour scheme which is probably on Drop at the same price. I’ve found them really good for Xbox and pc.

I've always had good experience with Sennheiser when it comes to gaming headphones/headsets (I'm wearing HD 559 right now, years ago used PC 320). Whomever those refs ring a bell to will immediately tell you those are budget ranges, and that's true, I've never felt the need to go higher than those. Not sure if Plantronics does gaming, but that brand surprised me a lot with their superb quality so perhaps worth looking into, too.

Master
    I got my son a Plantronics RIG 800 HD wireless headset about two years ago. Plantronics is not a highend brand and I found that headset very cheap at that time (50€ I think). It has been absolutely problem free and the sound is good for gaming and some music, of course a bit bass heavy. Construction is also surprisingly solid.

If you son want's wired (which guarantees compatability), I'd get him a reasonably priced headset to start with. HyperX, Plantronics etc. Wires are an issue with these (we've had two HyperX replaced in the past with wire issues), but after having used a headset like that for a while it's much easier to understand what you really want from your headset. Starting with expensive Bose is not probably the right way to go.

Add a 50gbp Steam card and you have a great Christmas present!

Craftsman
    I use one of these daily, really comfy and have last about 2 years now I think

Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, For PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, Mobile, 3.5 mm Audio Jack – Green https://amzn.eu/d/9HqlEt1

Sent from my T781 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Another vote for Turtle Beach gear, my two boys have them and so far both have lasted 24 months+