closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Master
    Santa brought my son a Nintendo Switch for xmas so I've had a go on MarioKart 8 (absolute joy!) and Pokemon Scarlet which is the dullest thing I've ever seen. Are all Pokemon games this slow and boring? I am definitely glad I missed that trend the first time around.

Xbox X I'm on my second run through Farcry 6 (clocked it, went back to finish New Dawn then started 6 again!). Also dipping in and out of a few others, I still haven't done Red Dead 2 yet.

Xbox 360 I'm on and off Portal 2, Farcry 3, Fallout New Vegas and a few racing games (mainly Burnout Revenge.)

Playstation 2 is my current go-to console. It has NO updates to run, NO internet connection required and almost no load times, plus in my opinion the most diverse back-catalogue of quality games for any console ever. I've built up a library of 200 or so games after buying out a Cash Generator before xmas and I am loving life! Already finished Resident Evil 4, GTA San Andreas, Monkey Island and a couple of other retro favourites, plus I'm playing a handful of PS1 classics like Abe's Oddysey and Command and Conquer due to the backwards compatibility! It's 19 years since this console came out and I don't think it will ever be bettered.
    After talking about Resident Evil 4 with a mate he's lent me another game called Cold Fear. Same thing, but on an abandoned ship. I've never heard of it before but the reviews and YouTube vids make it look pretty good, that's New Years Day sorted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Santa brought my son a Nintendo Switch for xmas so I've had a go on MarioKart 8 (absolute joy!) and Pokemon Scarlet which is the dullest thing I've ever seen. Are all Pokemon games this slow and boring? I am definitely glad I missed that trend the first time around.

Xbox X I'm on my second run through Farcry 6 (clocked it, went back to finish New Dawn then started 6 again!). Also dipping in and out of a few others, I still haven't done Red Dead 2 yet.

Xbox 360 I'm on and off Portal 2, Farcry 3, Fallout New Vegas and a few racing games (mainly Burnout Revenge.)

Playstation 2 is my current go-to console. It has NO updates to run, NO internet connection required and almost no load times, plus in my opinion the most diverse back-catalogue of quality games for any console ever. I've built up a library of 200 or so games after buying out a Cash Generator before xmas and I am loving life! Already finished Resident Evil 4, GTA San Andreas, Monkey Island and a couple of other retro favourites, plus I'm playing a handful of PS1 classics like Abe's Oddysey and Command and Conquer due to the backwards compatibility! It's 19 years since this console came out and I don't think it will ever be bettered.
    After talking about Resident Evil 4 with a mate he's lent me another game called Cold Fear. Same thing, but on an abandoned ship. I've never heard of it before but the reviews and YouTube vids make it look pretty good, that's New Years Day sorted.
    Big fan of Abe's Odyssey and the associated releases. Was meant to be 3d release on the PS2 but never happened. Enjoying them remastered on the PS5, brings back some great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Big fan of Abe's Odyssey and the associated releases. Was meant to be 3d release on the PS2 but never happened. Enjoying them remastered on the PS5, brings back some great memories!
    Abe’s Oddysee was and is a great game! I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day and the remastered version on PS4 later. The second instalment in the series, Abe’s Exoddus, wasn’t quite as nice. They ruined the flow of the game with quicksave function, and many areas were so tough you had to navigate them in less than ten second bursts with hasty quicksaves in the middle.

I missed out on the third instalment due to not gaming in the PS3 era at all. I tried the new Soulstorm but sadly I hated it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Abe’s Oddysee was and is a great game! I thoroughly enjoyed it back in the day and the remastered version on PS4 later. The second instalment in the series, Abe’s Exoddus, wasn’t quite as nice. They ruined the flow of the game with quicksave function, and many areas were so tough you had to navigate them in less than ten second bursts with hasty quicksaves in the middle.

I missed out on the third instalment due to not gaming in the PS3 era at all. I tried the new Soulstorm but sadly I hated it.
    Soulstorm was such a disappointment, deleted it after a couple of hours. Might have to give them all a go again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favourite games of all time are the Shenmue series. However I haven't played Shenmue 3. Has anyone played that?

I’ve been playing God of War Ragnarok on the PS5 since it was released. I’m enjoying it just as much as I did the first.

When I’ve finished it I’m either going to start Cyberpunk or replay The Witcher 3. I’ll probably wait for that one as there are issues to fix with the next gen release.

Anyone played Shenmue 3?