closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grotty cold / flu

Master
    I have now joined the club no-one wants to be a member of.

M-i-L (who lives with us) has been poorly since before Christmas, nasty cough, off her food, generally feeling rubbish. I might have picked up what she has (still), possible something else.

I started to feel a bit off on Boxing Day, been up and down, but still rough as a badger's arse. Intermittent hacking cough, Bunged up and streaming nose. Hurts alot to swallow. MUCH worse at night. Lemsip helps, but not that much. Head aching and full of cotton wool.

Negative test for COVID.

Mumble grumble.

make a hot tea with lemon, ginger and oregano, honey too
    and OD on Fishermen's friends

works for me

I managed to escape Covid until today. Yesterday I came home from work and felt my asthma playing up. It was like I had a cold. I’ve not been to work today, spending most of the day in bed. I’ve just done a test which came up positive straight away.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 6th January 2023 at 19:51.

After over two weeks I am now pretty much over whatever this nasty little bugger of a virus was. The endless cough has virtually gone and I’m feeling much better.

Hang on in there… 👍
    So clever my foot fell off.

This is a right pig.
    Had a slight sore throat a week ago. 2 days later it was full on. Stuffed head, blocked ears, loss of smell taste. Aching and loss of energy.
    Just starting to recede, but I know the cough is going to persist.
    Going to be 2-3 weeks I reckon.

Having started feeling on the mend on Monday, I’m now feeling a bit worse again (thankfully not back at the depths though). Still showing +ve. That’s now 2 weeks. On the + side, I have Christmas (and presents) to look forward to if/when I recover!

Keep the faith, chaps!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Been down with it since Christmas week, the worst part is I can’t visit my mum in hospital,
    Actually feel worse than when I had covid and it’s lasted longer too.

Master
    I've had it on and off for a couple of weeks, but it hasn't really stopped me doing much. I'm even still hitting the gym every other day for a couple of hours (and more).

Just don't feel 100%, but not far off it.

Wife and I have had a stomach bug (her worse than me) along with headaches for her and generally feeling run down.

First night of it (Tuesday), I had a constant heart rate in the 90s (usually in the 50s over night), but felt better the following day and recovered over the next 4 to 5 days.

I did a COVID test, but it was negative. As far as I know I've never had COVID.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Yep its a corker son came home with it last Wednesday thought he was being over dramatic

Now I have it throat very sore nose like a tap but the worse thing is skin feels like ive been stung by jellyfish… awesome.

Thought a Ainsley Harriot “Hot and Sour” soup would kill it errr nope .

Day 7

WoW exhausted impossible to sleep as the cough is so extreme

On Friday DR said it’s viral there’s nothing can be done and recovery is weeks.

Drink 3 litres of water and eat whatever you can .

To add insult to injury i have viral conjunctivitis and ear infections…yay

Utterly miserable as cough gives zero warning and no gaps to breathe so puts me on knees or grabbing furniture for support.

Worse than covid imho .

Anyone medical or otherwise have any suggestions to clear the dry cough
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Day 7

WoW exhausted impossible to sleep as the cough is so extreme

On Friday DR said it’s viral there’s nothing can be done and recovery is weeks.

Drink 3 litres of water and eat whatever you can .

To add insult to injury i have viral conjunctivitis and ear infections…yay

Utterly miserable as cough gives zero warning and no gaps to breathe so puts me on knees or grabbing furniture for support.

Worse than covid imho .

Anyone medical or otherwise have any suggestions to clear the dry cough
    ?
    There is no medical evidence that drinking 3L of water per day will quickly remedy respiratory / flu symptoms.
    Paying attention to improving the body''s immune system can help but requires diet change over period of weeks. Basically , more plant foods and the greater the variety the better to boost the immune system's efficiency for counteracting viral infections. All well documented online – but not the '5 a day' routine which is 'old hat' Aim for 30 different plant foods per week which can include nuts, fruits, veg, salad veg., legumes (beans, ckickpeas, lentils), mushrooms, unrefined cereals ... latter including e.g. oats, wheat, whole grain rice. And avoid ultra-processed foods and excess alcohol. And it's OK to eat meat and fish.

https://www.theguthealthdoctor.com/h...points-a-week/
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Thanks SD

Glad you said that 3 litres of water takes some doing !

booze free but I really do need to up my Fruit & Veg consumption so will make the required changes.

will also get back into porridge looking at list.

I have never had the annual 'flu' jab but after this experience I certainly will going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Thanks SD

Glad you said that 3 litres of water takes some doing !

booze free but I really do need to up my Fruit & Veg consumption so will make the required changes.

will also get back into porridge looking at list.

I have never had the annual 'flu' jab but after this experience I certainly will going forward.
    Consider adding nuts, seeds, fruit to porridge. Supermarkets eg Sainsbury sell powdered / milled mixed nuts and seeds eg https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds. And fresh blueberries added to porridge are delicious and nutritious - https://aaptiv.com/magazine/blueberries
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"