closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How much for the upkeep on a Gannd Seiko 9F?

Hybrid View

Sorry to gate crash but didn't think this merited a separate thread as it's a similar topic.

Is anyone familiar with what the numbers on a case back sticker of a 9F quartz Grand Seiko mean?

I read this as the battery is a March 2020 unit, which is a bit concerning considering I received it new today from an AD. Before I risk looking a bit foolish, wanted to check if anyone can confirm my interpretation?

I believe your interpretation is correct; Seiko sometimes use year and quarter, but I think that’s reserved for the linear year markings with dot punch.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I believe your interpretation is correct; Seiko sometimes use year and quarter, but I think that’s reserved for the linear year markings with dot punch.
    Thanks.

Seems pretty unreasonable to me to sell a watch with a 3-year expected battery that's got less than 3-months left on the clock. I think it's fair to ask them to either cover the first battery change or equivalent discount, else it'll go back on principle (which is a shame because I really like it).

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Thanks.

Seems pretty unreasonable to me to sell a watch with a 3-year expected battery that's got less than 3-months left on the clock. I think it's fair to ask them to either cover the first battery change or equivalent discount, else it'll go back on principle (which is a shame because I really like it).
    Who was the retailer? Seems odd that an SBGX261 would’ve sat about for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Who was the retailer? Seems odd that an SBGX261 would’ve sat about for 2 years.
    Going to avoid naming them on the assumption they'll put it right, not had any issues with them in the past. Can confirm via PM thought if you're interested. I too was quite surprised to see this inexpensive model would be sitting for so long, perhaps not enough rotation happening in the stock room.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Going to avoid naming them on the assumption they'll put it right, not had any issues with them in the past. Can confirm via PM thought if you're interested. I too was quite surprised to see this inexpensive model would be sitting for so long, perhaps not enough rotation happening in the stock room.
    Yes do, please.