Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
I love RPGs. Loved Witcher, ACs, Fenyx, Zelda etc but Elden Ring is doing my nut. I die so quickly and I have no idea where or who the so called easier areas are.

The stats are mind boggling and it seems like it will take me 6 months of grinding until I can level up a few levels!

Only thing is that it is so bloody pretty and monster design is amazing.
ELDEN RING SPOILER ALERT

If you run a straight line from the starting location to east, there is a place called Unpassable Greatbridge. There is a site of grace there. When you get closer to the ramparts a scene will play out where soldiers will attack a pack of T-rex hounds. You can hang back and automatically gather all the runes from the ensuing carnage. You can of course speed things up a bit and pick off some unsuspecting foes that get isolated. You’ll easily pick up roughly around 5000 runes per attack. Afterwards there’s good loot to pick up, then just rest at the site of grace, rinse and repeat. Easy rune farming to get your character up to spec.

To get there head southeast from the start to dragon burnt ruins. Open a chest there and you’ll be teleported to a chrystal mine. Run out without engaging and you’ll find yourself in Caelid. Just ride out to the bridge without attracting too much attention and Robert is your father’s brother. With Torrent you can outrun pretty much anything.

I’d suggest heading generally south from the starting location when you’re ready to begin exploring.