closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sorry, but Rolex UK prices up again today

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s a fifty year old design. Compare it to the first RO from a couple of years later, rather that a recent one.

Master

Sorry, but Rolex UK prices up again today

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    It’s a fifty year old design. Compare it to the first RO from a couple of years later, rather that a recent one.
    This is the first Royal Oak 5402 A series

One with faded dial, gorgeous

Anyway there are so far apart in what they are, it’s stupid to compare
    Last edited by ac11111; 6th January 2023 at 00:57.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Odd, I see two very similar integrated bracelet watches both with almost identical silhouettes. And both with undersized hands. One with a thick bezel, one with a thin. Clearly we both have a preference, but to say it’s stupid to compare them? Especially when they are both from the same designer within a couple of years of each other?
    Last edited by M4tt; 6th January 2023 at 18:07.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Increasingly they can indeed buy them.
    they?

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    no one can buy one from ADs so the increase means little I suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Increasingly they can indeed buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    they?
    He was referring to the same they that you first referenced.

Craftsman
    Looking forward to seeing watches becoming more available to genuine owners. Sadly even if I was offered one I would have to decline due to other commitments and being reluctant to sell anything current off to buy it. Sign of times I guess.

Master
    Given the number of responses to any thread mentioning Rolex this site has indeed become the Rolex Fanboy Club. Yes they are chunky, durable and accurate but also overhyped imo. More subtle brands are available…

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Given the number of responses to any thread mentioning Rolex this site has indeed become the Rolex Fanboy Club. Yes they are chunky, durable and accurate but also overhyped imo. More subtle brands are available…
    They are probably the most well known brand in the world, so makes logical sense responders will be more than, say, Sinn.

I like how you slipped in Fanboys, overhyped and referenced them as less than subtle. Good trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Create constructive new topics / replies about those other brands then, instead of posting the same old anti-Rolex drivel on Rolex Fanboy threads. Show some initiative. Make a New Year’s resolution and keep the door to Rolex threads firmly slammed shut.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ichaice View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here but those AP's look hideous to me. Never seen the attraction.
    Hah, aye they're definitely not to everyones taste but I have a huge soft spot for them.
    Probably more than the 41mm RO if im honest because I prefer the overall size and thicker bezel.

I dont mind if other people dont like them, Genta himself thought they were an abomination that ruined his original design. I doubt any TZers would be demanding to vet his credentials as a hater ;-)

Right up there with Prince Harry's "my brother pushed me over" in the I don't GAF stakes.

Not least because you can't buy most at RRP anyway!

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 6th January 2023 at 19:02.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Apprentice
    Given that most of the luxury watch brands have recently upped their prices, it certainly makes me happy that I bought the majority of my good watches at least a few years ago.

The price rises also make me wonder if I will ever want to spend so much money again on a watch. I want to end my luxury watch buying with a new Reverso but find that it's starting to sail off into the distance in terms of price.

I pity any new watch enthusiasts starting a collection now.