closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Practical Experience - Berlingo v VW Caddy Life/Maxi or Ford Tourneo Connect/Grand

Practical Experience - Berlingo v VW Caddy Life/Maxi or Ford Tourneo Connect/Grand

We recently adopted two Labrador/sheepdog cross to go with our two mutts.

Winter walkies are making a hell mess of our ML, and we are looking for a van style people carrier where we can easily remove the middle row of seats for max space.

I'm not keen on the Berlingo Multispace/Partner Teepee, the Ford Tourneo and VW Caddy would appear to offer a more reliable platform ?

We are looking to buy a dog friendly vehicle - if anyone has practical experience of any of the above or knows where we can source one directly from the trade, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

Master
    My brother has a TeePee, ex-taxi with moon miles. Never misses a beat. He can fit a moto trials bike in the back (floor has been lowered to allow disabled access) with room to spare. He loves it

As work vehicles we’ve had a few issues with the smaller ford vans. I had a Belingo that was crap but kept on chugging forever. I’d pick a VW out of the bunch.

A good friend has 2 dogs and speaks highly of her Peugeot Partner
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    I had a Berlingo and it was pretty slow and dull to drive but the boot space was incredible. Other option for carrying 4 dogs is a pickup with a hardtop, that seems to be the favoured option for sheep farmers.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have one of these.

It's a Honda stepwagon 8 seater mpv the seats don't remove but they do fold up and out the way nicely.

Another bonus is the low boot entry height.

Also mine came with the optional laminate flooring in the rear so a doddle to clean up after messy kids/pets.

Thanks for the feedback so far, please keep it coming ...

We viewed a VW Caddy Maxi and Ford Tourneo Grand Connect on Saturday.

The Ford was disappointing - the rear floor design is poor, and mid-row awkward to remove.

The VW Caddy Maxi ticked all the boxes, and we are now on the lookout for a tidy 2011-2015 example.

The Honda is an interesting choice, but is too smart for our needs.

If anyone has trade/auction contacts where I can cut out the middleman, please let me know.

The VW 1.6tdi is prone to injector failure (I know a few lads who have suffered)Appart from that it’s solid .But very basic unless you go for a higher spec van
    The berlingo again if 1.6 tdi version change oil more regular than recommended .If you don’t it can block the oil feed pipes to the turbo and once the turbo blows it will keep blowing again and again .Another solid van but change oil every 8k or so
    I’m not sure on the Ford .But if it’s a newer Ford van I’ve heard that there’s real problems with seizing injectors and to stay well clear

A quick google search should give you more idea of all the above
    Last edited by speedypro1111; 10th January 2023 at 09:55.

Are you going to have four dogs loose in the back of a van?