closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Craftsman
    Bizarre half from City. Will inevitably win this, but have to go and be d*cks about it by giving us hope, eh!?

Pep has fiddled again where he doesn't need to.

Chelsea very unlucky again with injuries - but played some nice stuff. Would help if they had a striker who can actually run. Kovacic is sooo good.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jon8oy; 5th January 2023 at 21:57.

I maintain everyone is saying City will power back and go on a run because they have the City of recent seasons in their mind. This isn't the City of recent seasons. Chelsea have been the better side and they have a ton of players out with injury. Arsenal played a full strength Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and won easily.

Maybe the point vs Newcastle will turn out to be a good one.

That being said what illicit substance was being sniffed by the person who decided Cucurella was worth £60m?

This is the worst mess Pep has created. He’s got the best players on the pitch and managed to come up with a plan that they all play shite. Not happy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Chelsea spent the most money any team has ever spent in the summer. £260m and they look awful.

And tell me one player other than Kepa who Potter has improved.

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

City much better 2nd half. Chelsea lack quality. Where the heck has the money they spent gone? They look like Everton!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    City much better 2nd half. Chelsea lack quality. Where the heck has the money they spent gone? They look like Everton!
    It's all on the treatment table!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Good game to watch. City were woeful in first half and I thought it was going to be a repeat of Everton performance. Excellent 2nd half and a good result against a tough Chelsea team. Some real quality in their youngsters.

West Ham after Danny Ings

Villa told them where to go and rightly so, Ings should be starting up front for Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    West Ham after Danny Ings

Wow Felix , sniggers

Did Chelsea inadvertently dig up an old Druidic burial ground while redeveloping the stadium or something? There's bad luck and there's Chelsea luck.

It's not just luck, the club isn't being managed properly at all levels .

Paid 56m for Cockysmeller

Fulham paid 8m for Andreas

Don't get me wrong as a die hard Fulham fan I'm happy to see Chelsea struggle but they've had so many injuries, dodgy referee calls etc

Maybe, they've got a manager who needs sacking, but yeah paying 9m to get Felix on loan and he now misses 3 games is unlucky.

5 subs and no Auba, Potter looks clueless

Fulham above Chelsea and Liverpool and deserve to be

Craftsman
    And Chelsea are breaking all the fair play rules...how are they spending so much

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Ciao Felix. LOLZ.

Potter will come good at Chelsea given a bit of time. He’s just got the job and has a third of his squad on the treatment table. He also has Auba who has been a disgrace everywhere he’s been and cannot be relied upon. Havertz isn’t a top class player for me. Yes I know he’s a German international but he’s lazy and won’t get anywhere near 20 goals a season.

Potter needs to be allowed to get on with the job. Judge him when he’s got a fit squad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Potter will come good at Chelsea given a bit of time. He’s just got the job and has a third of his squad on the treatment table. He also has Auba who has been a disgrace everywhere he’s been and cannot be relied upon. Havertz isn’t a top class player for me. Yes I know he’s a German international but he’s lazy and won’t get anywhere near 20 goals a season.

Potter needs to be allowed to get on with the job. Judge him when he’s got a fit squad.
    Somehow I don’t think modern football being the way it is will afford him the time he needs, he has no credit in the bank on his CV for that to be the case, so for me the writing is on the wall for him sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

No evidence he will come good, all the evidence we have is he's out of his depth

I like Potter but think he's going to struggle; managing elite players is very different to the work he was doing at Brighton.

He seems to have the look of AVB about him, or Moyes at Man Utd.

Master
    Yep it is inevitable for Potter.

I think the only thing saving him at the moment is new owners wanting to demonstrate they are not the same as the old owner, i.e. trigger happy!

In other news, I suspect that this might have legs (copied from this morning's Upshot):

From narrowly avoiding financial ruin to the humiliation of Europa League football, Barcelona have endured a miserable couple of years. But with their side top of La Liga, fans have started to dream that the worst is behind them. Perhaps - whisper it - they might even lure Leo Messi back this summer for one last dance.

Those hopes were dealt a blow yesterday when screenshots surfaced of Barcelona's blazers slagging Messi off in their exec team WhatsApp group. In the leaked texts - sent while Messi was still at the club - legal chief Gómez Pontí refers to Messi as a "sewer rat" and a "hormone dwarf", a reference to the injections he received for a growth disorder from the age of 12.

That'll win him back…

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Yep it is inevitable for Potter.

I think the only thing saving him at the moment is new owners wanting to demonstrate they are not the same as the old owner, i.e. trigger happy!
    Actually what's probably saving him is the fact he brought in his full team, a new manager will want to do the same so Chelsea can't just pay off Potter , they will have to pay millions to get rid of all his team.

'hormone dwarf'

Master
    Blog Entries
    The injury list is pretty big for Chelsea, also do anyone expect Aubama to perform?

Regardless of injury's the remaining fit players should still be able to perform as well as Brighton or Fulham. They are all still internationals, as I said earlier Cucurella costs 56m. Andreas cost 8m.

They are criminally underperforming and that's on Potter .

Look at UTD, Ten Tags has gone through some pain and is now building something , he can clearly motivate his players and has a plan.

Tell me one player Potter has improved, you can have Kepa but let's face it Mendy was throwing the ball in the net so it wasn't hard to be better than him

Master
    Regardless of injury's the remaining fit players should still be able to perform as well as Brighton or Fulham. They are all still internationals, as I said earlier Cucurella costs 56m. Andreas cost 8m.

They are criminally underperforming and that's on Potter .

Look at UTD, Ten Tags has gone through some pain and is now building something , he can clearly motivate his players and has a plan.

Tell me one player Potter has improved, you can have Kepa but let's face it Mendy was throwing the ball in the net so it wasn't hard to be better than him

Kepa is a liability. He’s cost us dearly in the last two premier league games. Mendy was bought in because Kepa had proved he wasn’t up to the task. He has improved recently but no where near enough.

Potter didn’t sign Cucarella for Chelsea. God knows whose decision it was but the bloke is a liability at the back, he cannot defend.

Porter needs time although he does look very much like AVB at the moment. The difference is AVB had some massive personalities to cope with in the dressing room, the likes of Cech, JT, Lamps, Drogba etc.

Potter hasn’t and that’s where part of the problem lies. No real leaders in the dressing room.

He needs time to make the personnel changes he wants so it is his squad, he needs to make further changes with the medical staff (a lot were let go apparently) to improve the injury situation and some luck on the pitch.

It will be typical of the old Chelsea to lose to Palace at the weekend and then beat Liverpool the following week at Anfield.

Well let's see, personally I've not seen any evidence Potter is up to this job

Well let's see, personally I've not seen any evidence Potter is up to this job

They should never have sacked Tuchel

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    They should never have sacked Tuchel
    Things had gone wrong with TT long before the season started. The 4-0 drubbing by Arsenal pre season for example.

But I do agree that Tommy Tuchel was very poorly treated given how he had stood by the club when Abramovich had been ousted. No one else was talking with the media and him being asked to comment on whether Russia was right to invade Ukraine was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Things had gone wrong with TT long before the season started. The 4-0 drubbing by Arsenal pre season for example.

But I do agree that Tommy Tuchel was very poorly treated given how he had stood by the club when Abramovich had been ousted. No one else was talking with the media and him being asked to comment on whether Russia was right to invade Ukraine was just ridiculous.

Simon Jordan was saying on Talk Sport a couple of days ago that Tuchel’s sacking wasn’t purely a football decision but wouldn’t expand.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Simon Jordan was saying on Talk Sport a couple of days ago that Tuchel’s sacking wasn’t purely a football decision but wouldn’t expand.
    He didn’t expand because he’s a blustering buffoon . How he has a spot on Radio , I will never understand .
    A failed football chairman who loves to tell people how to run a football club .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    He didn’t expand because he’s a blustering buffoon . How he has a spot on Radio , I will never understand .
    A failed football chairman who loves to tell people how to run a football club .
    Ain't that the truth!

What Chelsea can do to you

Master
    This Manchester derby is a good watch so far, decent game.

Fred suddenly peak Socrates

Yep pretty decent, I think Utd are edging it.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    This Manchester derby is a good watch so far, decent game.

Craftsman
    Actually looking forward to the NLD Sunday, must win for Spurs though.

COYS.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Actually looking forward to the NLD Sunday, must win for Spurs though.

COYS.
    I’m glad you are!

Important for Arsenal to win tomorrow. I read on some Spurs forums that many Spurs fans would love to beat Arsenal and lose to Man City to derail Arsenal's title bid. If we win vs Spurs tomorrow it will force Spurs to beat Man City else top 4 is miles off.

Don't think it is a case of Arsenal just turning up tomorrow and winning with ease. Will be a tough game - interesting to see if Bentancur and Kulusevski are playing as those 2 are key to Tottenham.

Important for Arsenal to win tomorrow. I read on some Spurs forums that many Spurs fans would love to beat Arsenal and lose to Man City to derail Arsenal's title bid. If we win vs Spurs tomorrow it will force Spurs to beat Man City else top 4 is miles off.

Don't think it is a case of Arsenal just turning up tomorrow and winning with ease. Will be a tough game - interesting to see if Bentancur and Kulusevski are playing as those 2 are key to Tottenham.
    No chance of Bentancur playing. Would like to see Sarr start, though.

Blimey what a turnaround!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    No chance of Bentancur playing. Would like to see Sarr start, though.
    Ah that's a shame. Is Kulusevski likely to start?

I'd take a draw TBH - form means nothing when it comes to NLD

Ah that's a shame. Is Kulusevski likely to start?

I'd take a draw TBH - form means nothing when it comes to NLD
    Should be, and we’ll need him.

I've watched Haaland very closely since he joined City and I can't remember another striker who contributes so little to the team effort other than goals. Doesn't run the channels, doesn't hold the ball up and link the play and doesn't drop in to collect the ball and affect the play. Other than score ho does nowt.

Absolutely zero chance the Utd equaliser should have stood. Yes he may not have touched the ball but Rashford was surely interfering with play by being there and forcing the defenders to back off Fernandes. IMHO I'd be gutted if that went against my teams.

Master
    Bit of a turnaround that one.

Master
    Absolutely zero chance the Utd equaliser should have stood. Yes he may not have touched the ball but Rashford was surely interfering with play by being there and forcing the defenders to back off Fernandes. IMHO I'd be gutted if that went against my teams.
    Totally agree, but the goal stood and it's like the Manchester of old for today at least.

I’ve been saying on here for some time that City won’t win the title. That equaliser was a dreadful decision (how on earth was Rashford not deemed to be interfering with play) but City switched off again.
    They’re just not creating enough goal scoring opportunities at the moment and key players like De Bruyne just aren’t anywhere near their best.

Both VAR and the Ref got that badly wrong.