closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fidget things

Hybrid View

Master
    Weirdly that is a side table not my floor, but glad my skirting boards are clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Weirdly that is a side table not my floor, but glad my skirting boards are clean!
    Maybe so, but it looks like your P&D had been on the sauce

I tried a couple cheapie spinners but they didn't feel particularly enjoyable or relaxing, if anything I found them distracting, as I felt the need to keep them spinning at top speed. This required some effort, as they weren't super spiny, such as the expensive ones listed above. I baulked at paying more, since I have other items to fidget with. These include several Benchmade pocket knives, which with a well worn in pivot and oiled axis lock are supremely fidgety. My Bugout is tuned to perfection. :)

Then there are pens. An AG7 Fisher Pen with its side click, was a favourite for years, until I picked up a TiScribe Bolt and its latest version, the Smooth Bolt. Activating the bolts is highly addictive and very annoying for others in meetings.

But I have found that a simple worry stone is, for me, the most relaxing and calming item to fiddle or fidget with. These are made from Micarta (layers of fabric soaked in resin, then baked and compressed) from vintage pieces made by Westinghouse the US electrical corporation, who made all manner of items from the stuff.

These are made by a Dutch guy on Etsy and while he makes some highly complex designs, with inlays, pins and different materials, I prefer the simple patterns of the raw linen micarta. They are incredibly smooth, highly polished and ever so tactile. And relaaaaaaax.