closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pam Luminor Due - 38mm

Master

Pam Luminor Due - 38mm

Hi all - it’s our 25th wedding anniversary in March and as I’ve sorted out the wife’s diamond I thought it wise to give her a ‘hint’ at what I’d like!

I really fancy this:
    https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Panerai...926/p/17650480

Question is therefore, should she be asking for and expecting a discount?

I’ve yet to try the watch so if anyone has one and would like to let me know how they wear etc. it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

The short answer is yes but I’d expect you to get no by Goldsmiths.

Berry’s possibly and I’ve been offered between 10% and 15% with not much effort in the past.

The boutique is your best chance of a higher percentage off so I’d start there.

Watches of Mayfair advertise lower than RRP to start with but I have no experience of buying from them.

Shop around and ask. You can only get told. It’s a standard current model so I’d expect something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I would second trying Berry's, expect maybe 20%

Weird that they describe it as a men's watch in the heading but a ladies watch in the description. Do Panerai sell the 38mm as a ladies watch?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 15th January 2023 at 13:55.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Weird that they describe it as a men's watch in the heading but a ladies watch in the description. Do Panerai sell the 38mm as a ladies watch, and/or did the OP mean to link to the 42mm version?
    38mm is framed as a ladies watch and the remainder of the collection would seem to confirm this?

https://www.panerai.com/gb/en/collec...minor-due.html
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

It is worth trying the 42mm version also, they are very slim and wear smaller than you would expect

Master
    Thanks guys, TBH it doesn’t really matter (to me) whether the watch is defined as make or female, if it suits it suits, but appreciate the input.

I’ll try on in goldsmiths and take it from there.

I appreciate this is a slightly different model, but I’ve had a few luminors in 40mm and 44mm and the proportions of the 40 just didn’t work. I’d have to see both sizes on a wrist to make my mind up. Can also work in the opposite direction - some of the Rolex Datejust models look out of whack in the larger sizes imho

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I appreciate this is a slightly different model, but I’ve had a few luminors in 40mm and 44mm and the proportions of the 40 just didn’t work. I’d have to see both sizes on a wrist to make my mind up. Can also work in the opposite direction - some of the Rolex Datejust models look out of whack in the larger sizes imho

I'm the same, love the DJ41 in isolation but I try one on and it looks bizarre on me, exactly the same with smaller sized Panerai-the 44mm wear too big but the smaller look like toy versions.

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    I'm the same, love the DJ41 in isolation but I try one on and it looks bizarre on me, exactly the same with smaller sized Panerai-the 44mm wear too big but the smaller look like toy versions.
    I’m not sure any of the Luminors work well in the smaller sizes - the crown guards just look oversized. The Radiomirs/1940s are the dog’s, though.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’m not sure any of the Luminors work well in the smaller sizes - the crown guards just look oversized. The Radiomirs/1940s are the dog’s, though.
    I agree Tony, Luminor is about presence and proportion.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    My local GS have a 42mm in stock so going to give that a go first:

https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/Panerai...274/p/17650631

I really like the idea of titanium, another reason for thinking about the 38mm.

I get how the crown guard could look out of proportion on the smaller Luminor, I guess I just need to see it for myself.