closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Airgun law

Master

Airgun law

Serious question ( absolutely not connected with any other thread that may or may not be running), can I sell a non FAC field target airgun to any adult or do I need to sell via a dealer?

I have a unique airgun I plan to move on as it’s frowned upon to use one in central London. It’s a high spec thing so not a plinker.

Anyone active with air guns and familiar with the legislation ?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Serious question ( absolutely not connected with any other thread that may or may not be running), can I sell a non FAC field target airgun to any adult or do I need to sell via a dealer?

I have a unique airgun I plan to move on as it’s frowned upon to use one in central London. It’s a high spec thing so not a plinker.

Anyone active with air guns and familiar with the legislation ?
    Private sale to private buyer face to face is fine, you can post but that can come with complications, as I stated on the other threads a Ftlb/FPS reading is helpful to all when buying such guns.

What do you have out of interest as I have a few HFT guns?
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 27th January 2023 at 12:53.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Private sale to private buyer face to face is fine, you can post but that can come with complications, as I stated on the other threads a Ftlb/FPS reading is helpful to all when buying such guns.

What do you have out of interest as I have a few HFT guns?

It’s a Daystate that was made for me by Simon Gibbon. Fitted with premier Leopoldo scope (x50).

Thanks for the advice, I will have to find a way to fill it and test the FPS.

*Selling private sub 12ib is fine.

Craftsman
    I know nothing about these things - No help to you - but that is a great design, just to look at! The design of the handgrip and the wood in particular.

Beautiful! What’s the asking price if you don’t mind me asking as I may be interested!

I don't think there is any problem selling and posting sub FAC guns.

I actually sold an old Webley .22 with a scope and a BSA Scorpion pistol on sales corner.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    It's been a few years since I won (shared) "Top Gun" at Broadland Field Target shoot! (Yes! It was a total surprise to me too!) I was a relative newcomer to the sport and the high winds on the day, "totally levelled the playing field"! It was similar to the "giant killers" in the FA cup competitions (the similarity being that I have won FA since!!!). :)
    The usual "Top Guns" were shooting guns similar to that shown and I was shooting an Air Arms TX200!

One of my best mates is a dealer - small time BUT knows his stuff - if you want an intro, just let me know!

Cheers

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    It's been a few years since I won (shared) "Top Gun" at Broadland Field Target shoot! (Yes! It was a total surprise to me too!) I was a relative newcomer to the sport and the high winds on the day, "totally levelled the playing field"! It was similar to the "giant killers" in the FA cup competitions (the similarity being that I have won FA since!!!). :)
    The usual "Top Guns" were shooting guns similar to that shown and I was shooting an Air Arms TX200!
    I have a bit of OCD and can’t help going too far. I also won my first competition and a few that followed but I had an unfair advantage against most.

It was fashionable at the time to use air arms and ripleys but Simon was a close friend and we got carried away. It would put a pellet on 5p piece 55 yards away all day long with monotonous consistency.

When setting it up I used the paralaxing wheel to see the fibres in the target paper and then a laser to confirm the distance before updating my notes against the temperature. Yes, very sad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I have a bit of OCD and can’t help going too far. I also won my first competition and a few that followed but I had an unfair advantage against most.

It was fashionable at the time to use air arms and ripleys but Simon was a close friend and we got carried away. It would put a pellet on 5p piece 55 yards away all day long with monotonous consistency.

When setting it up I used the paralaxing wheel to see the fibres in the target paper and then a laser to confirm the distance before updating my notes against the temperature. Yes, very sad.
    You are,
    Bob Lee Swagger, and I claim my prize!

Master

Airgun law

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    You are,
    Bob Lee Swagger, and I claim my prize!
    Had to google him. Nope, not me.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 27th January 2023 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I really like the TX200, I have 3 (2x .177 - Mk2 and Mk1 SR and a Mk2 .22) all are super accurate especially after some fettling, also the AA Pro-Sport is a beautiful gun too although some moan about the underlever design, the Mk2 TX is probably the best one to own as it has a safety bear trap unlike the Mk1 but has the smaller chamber which is more suited to 12ftlb..
    Also, most of the info on this forum is fine for England and Wales but different laws for Scotland..

Another ex H.F.T. shooter here .
    I used to shoot at Pontefract air rifle club with my lad ,although we ended up shooting all over the place .
    My weapon of choice back then was a Weihrauch HW 97 heavily modernised /customised ,venom internals ,Gnib stock ,polished sears and trigger internals and then yep when i gave up competitions i sold it like the idiot i am .
    Still got a really nice Pro-sport though just to keep my hand in with a nice springer ,and a Ratworks sorted HW100 for pest control and general fun target shooting .
    Thats one good looking Daystate you have there buddy,good luck with the sale .

I always sold mine at my local club - much easier tbh

Thats some looker.

In Canada. Under 500fps. No license required. Anything over is classified as a firearm