closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap Options for 45.5mm Omega PO (2500)

Strap Options for 45.5mm Omega PO (2500)

The rubber strap on my 45.5mm Omega PO has perished after years of faithful holiday watch service.

I am looking to replace it, but not 10% sure what with or where to source it from. I am thinking either replace like for like, or are there any rubber strap deployant combos from other Seamasters that may fit the bill?

If replacing with the same strap, is an Omega shop the only option?

It would be great to hear of any other suggestions?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I’ve recently been in a similar situation, and ended up buying another Omega PO rubber strap again. It really suits the watch, and if it last as long is good value.

I swap it for a couple of Omega Natos in summer, looks especially good on a brown (no really!) and blue.

There will be a huge number of after market straps that will fit the Omega deployant clasp.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by thegobetween View Post
    Hi Joe,

I’ve recently been in a similar situation, and ended up buying another Omega PO rubber strap again. It really suits the watch, and if it last as long is good value.

I swap it for a couple of Omega Natos in summer, looks especially good on a brown (no really!) and blue.
    Where did you purchase the replacement from - Omega direct or from elsewhere? Do you mind sharing how much you paid?

Many thanks
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    There will be a huge number of after market straps that will fit the Omega deployant clasp.
    Are you referring to the 18mm deployant, or are there chunkier versions for the larger watches? I use have an 18mm version on my Speedmaster at the moment, so that could be a good option…

Dismayed by the ~£600 cost of an Omega strap + deployant, I tried a Hirsch 'Paul' on my 43mm - love it: fully waterproof and smart -

Last edited by earlofsodbury; 28th January 2023 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by josep View Post
    Where did you purchase the replacement from - Omega direct or from elsewhere? Do you mind sharing how much you paid?

Many thanks
    Joe
    Bought from local Omega AD early 2018. Think I paid ~£220. Still looks fresh.

Just to update on this one, I decided to replace the rubber strap with a like for like OEM replacement which will hopefully last another 15 years!

I may well try and source a bracelet at some point as well, but happy for now.

Joe