Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
I guess that’s the point the proposition teases out. Without the branding many of us would likely be wearing different watches.
Like someone else stated I dont think I would change any of my collection, there may be a few that had I tried or know of alternatives I may have gone for but that would be a bit of a pointless argument as they are already in the collection now.

I know some will always look to a certain brand as being bought for its name only but I have to say the speedie is probably one of the most overrated watches out there. In comparison to say the Siduna chronograph which is currently about £1700 I would say they are about the same (Ok factor in a bit more for the bracelet) I accept that they have made some upgrades to the movement but I really see little that justifies its price.

I do think if we are really going to try and compare watches they we need to look at something of at least a similar build quality, to compare a £2-300 watch with one that costs several thousand doesnt seem to make sense.