closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 291 of 365 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341 ... LastLast
Results 14,501 to 14,550 of 18248

Thread: More bike related stuff

There’s a lot to be said for smaller, lighter bikes.

I remember an old guy I knew (in his eighties) was slightly embarrassed when he told me he’d just swapped his R80 BMW for a Yamaha Virago 250. I hope I’m still riding when I get to his age, whatever the size of bike.

It’s all about enjoying the ride, whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    It’s an Italian Harley in essence imho.
    This reminds me of a conversation between Isadora Duncan and Anatole France, on eugenics:
    Isadora suggested “Imagine a child with my beauty and your brains!”
    to which Anatole responded: “Yes, but imagine a child with my beauty and your brains!”
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

I reckon that's job done, if it comes to it.
    This I genuinely do not understand.
    The bike is fabulous, no question about it. But I bet it is significantly more demanding physically than your Harley. I believe we have 2 former owners who may chip in on the matter.
    Furthermore, you had found a bike that suited your style of riding. Now I understand that your current predicament makes the weight of the Harley a major issue. I have not ridden a HD recently, but the ones I have in the past (up to a Fat Boy 1340) required very little effort if you were careful to park it with leaving in mind. Of course, should you drop it you'll be in a pickle but then you'll be in a pickle regardless of the bike you drop and the CCM just means you'll drop it at a higher speed.

It may help you to turn your eyes towards something you can look forward to; I also have no other details than the ones I read here, but I would suggest you set your sights on riding the HD again; and if it's really something that worries you, maybe add a sidecar or consider a Harley trike.

Best wishes in any case.

Master
    Well, I already seem to have settled on shorter journeys, and a mix of in town and B-roads. I love the cruiser type of riding, but in actuality can do that on any number of genres of bike; to me it just means taking it easy and enjoying the environment around me.

This current thought process is just to mitigate against a situation where bike weight becomes an issue. The CCM would work, and importantly, I'd bloody love it.
    CCM it is then! :)

I love the look of them but I know it would not suit the type of riding I actually do. So, if I had a CCM it would have to live in the house - and I don't have authorisation for that.

Master
    The XDiavel is wonderful, but if I could ride that it would mean I could continue riding the Harley.
    I’m not sure I’d agree with that Tony, the Ducati is much much lighter than the harley…

If you’ve grown to like the foot forward style. Please try a Triumph Speedmaster.. honestly it’s the easiest bike I’ve ever ridden, and in 40 years of riding I’ve ridden loads from cruisers to sport bike and adventure bike..

And without doubt the Speedmaster is such an easy bike to live with, really comfy, more than enough performance for us old guys, low seat height and good economy..

My advice is. You really should try one before you decide on anything else..

I’ll even ride down and you can have a go on mine👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    This I genuinely do not understand.
    The bike is fabulous, no question about it. But I bet it is significantly more demanding physically than your Harley. I believe we have 2 former owners who may chip in on the matter.
    Furthermore, you had found a bike that suited your style of riding. Now I understand that your current predicament makes the weight of the Harley a major issue. I have not ridden a HD recently, but the ones I have in the past (up to a Fat Boy 1340) required very little effort if you were careful to park it with leaving in mind. Of course, should you drop it you'll be in a pickle but then you'll be in a pickle regardless of the bike you drop and the CCM just means you'll drop it at a higher speed.

It may help you to turn your eyes towards something you can look forward to; I also have no other details than the ones I read here, but I would suggest you set your sights on riding the HD again; and if it's really something that worries you, maybe add a sidecar or consider a Harley trike.

Best wishes in any case.
    Thanks for the best wishes.

Look, it's simple. My objective is to ride the Harley; however, at this stage I don't know if I'll be able to. Not because I might drop it (if I did, I'd not have been able to lift a 700lb bike previously anyway), but because going forward even simple maneuvering might become a challenge. It's a bloody heavy bike, and pulling it up a light camber, for example, could prove to be problematic.

I'm therefore thinking about how I might continue to ride if physical strength becomes an issue, on the lightest bike that I would actually take some joy owning. I know the CCM range, have ridden one briefly, and I adore them.

Thank you for you thoughts, which are appreciated. This isn't about your logic, though - it's about my needs, feelings and emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I’m not sure I’d agree with that Tony, the Ducati is much much lighter than the harley…

If you’ve grown to like the foot forward style. Please try a Triumph Speedmaster.. honestly it’s the easiest bike I’ve ever ridden, and in 40 years of riding I’ve ridden loads from cruisers to sport bike and adventure bike..

And without doubt the Speedmaster is such an easy bike to live with, really comfy, more than enough performance for us old guys, low seat height and good economy..

My advice is. You really should try one before you decide on anything else..

I’ll even ride down and you can have a go on mine
    Noted re the weight of the Ducati, Andy. Funnily enough, I've just started to look at the Speedmaster as an option as well. Not a light bike (in fact, it might not offer enough in terms of a weight saving), but it does fit the bill very nicely indeed. Low seat height means more power for maneuvering through the legs too, which may be something that would be helpful.

As for your offer of a ride on yours, what a kind gesture, thank you.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2023 at 15:58.

and pulling it up a light camber, for example, could prove to be problematic.
    That's exactly what I meant: ANY bike that you need to pull up a light camber will be a challenge (of course the heavier the greater the challenge). But if you park in reverse, letting the camber do the work until the rear tyre touches the kerb, you'll pull out with no effort, in first gear.

Anyway, I think those pushing you towards the Diavel and Speedmaster are saying more tactfully what I was trying to say, which is that the CCM may be more demanding physically than you realise. Best intentions sometimes are sometimes misinterpreted so I'll leave it at that.

That's exactly what I meant: ANY bike that you need to pull up a light camber will be a challenge (of course the heavier the greater the challenge). But if you park in reverse, letting the camber do the work until the rear tyre touches the kerb, you'll pull out with no effort, in first gear.

Anyway, I think those pushing you towards the Diavel and Speedmaster are saying more tactfully what I was trying to say, which is that the CCM may be more demanding physically than you realise. Best intentions sometimes are sometimes misinterpreted so I'll leave it at that.
    No need to leave it, Marc. Hope I didn't offend you, as that wasn't my intention.

My opinion, having handled a CCM, is that the opposing view is wrong. They're so light that to get off it and push it backwards a few feet would be a doddle. They feel like they weigh nothing. (That said, obviously I'd never be intentionally parking up facing a negative camber... sometimes these things can happen, though).

No need to leave it, Marc. Hope I didn't offend you, as that wasn't my intention.

My opinion, having handled a CCM, is that the opposing view is wrong. They're so light that to get off it and push it backwards a few feet would be a doddle. They feel like they weigh nothing. (That said, obviously I'd never be intentionally parking up facing a negative camber... sometimes these things can happen, though).
    My concern with the CCM is not the weight but the brutality of the bike when riding it. This is what I was trying to say when I said it was a physical bike. Where I completely accept that I may be wrong is if that physicality is not an obstacle once you are on the bike. In any case I genuinely hope that you get better and ride whatever bike you fancy as soon as possible. And the CCM is a very desirable bike.

Well, I already seem to have settled on shorter journeys, and a mix of in town and B-roads. I love the cruiser type of riding, but in actuality can do that on any number of genres of bike; to me it just means taking it easy and enjoying the environment around me.

This current thought process is just to mitigate against a situation where bike weight becomes an issue. The CCM would work, and importantly, I'd bloody love it.
    They do look and sound fantastic. The perfect bar hopper!
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

My concern with the CCM is not the weight but the brutality of the bike when riding it. This is what I was trying to say when I said it was a physical bike. Where I completely accept that I may be wrong is if that physicality is not an obstacle once you are on the bike. In any case I genuinely hope that you get better and ride whatever bike you fancy as soon as possible. And the CCM is a very desirable bike.
    Ah, now I understand, and no - it would never be the plushest of rides.

Would that be an issue, assuming I'm in remission (and I wouldn't be riding if I wasn't)? Not sure, but I'll give it some thought. For now, in any event, my target is to be riding the Harley again.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2023 at 17:12.

Agreed, they are a physical bike for sure, together with vibration on the hands in my experience. Bloody good fun mind.

Bloody good fun mind.
    For short B road blasts, yes.

I got ride of mine quite quickly. I was going too fast on my S1000RR & wanted a slower bike but the CCM was too much of a contrast and hard work on longer rides. The saddle on mine was rock hard & it was a tall bike.

Perhaps as a second or third bike they make more sense.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Been dwelling on my riding future, and contemplating not being able to ride the Harley again due to its (700lb) weight. Very depressing, but I just looked at a potential alternative in the Bonneville T120 Black. With some customisation along the lines shown below it would be lovely, and it would also be about 200lbs lighter (so could well be more manageable for what's left of me going forward).

What do you think?

Looking at this from all common sense AND emotional angles... the truth is I know the best solution. It's the Harley (all things being equal) or the T120 Black.

Master
    Noted re the weight of the Ducati, Andy. Funnily enough, I've just started to look at the Speedmaster as an option as well. Not a light bike (in fact, it might not offer enough in terms of a weight saving), but it does fit the bill very nicely indeed. Low seat height means more power for maneuvering through the legs too, which may be something that would be helpful.

As for your offer of a ride on yours, what a kind gesture, thank you.
    I just thought I’d add this just for info. In case it helps..

As you probably know, I have haemophilia, and over the years it’s caused a significant amount of joint damage throughout my body.
    If you saw me walking it’d be obvious that I have an amount of difficulty. I hate admitting it to myself, but I am quite weak and very restricted with arthritic joints from top to bottom.

My knees are the worst, but I have significant restriction in both strength and range of movement in my right shoulder and left elbow.. I even struggle to fasten my helmet..

But even I can quite easily do 150 miles on the Speedmaster without to much difficulty, it really is so suited to someone who’s a bit compromised physically.. and it’s a pretty cool bike in my view..👍👍

I just thought I’d add this just for info. In case it helps..

As you probably know, I have haemophilia, and over the years it’s caused a significant amount of joint damage throughout my body.
    If you saw me walking it’d be obvious that I have an amount of difficulty. I hate admitting it to myself, but I am quite weak and very restricted with arthritic joints from top to bottom.

My knees are the worst, but I have significant restriction in both strength and range of movement in my right shoulder and left elbow.. I even struggle to fasten my helmet..

But even I can quite easily do 150 miles on the Speedmaster without to much difficulty, it really is so suited to someone who’s a bit compromised physically.. and it’s a pretty cool bike in my view..
    Thanks for sharing that, Andy. I appreciate your thoughts.

I haven't read everything Tony but I hope you're okay. Are you giving up on the Harley??

We havent even managed a ride out together yet@

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    I haven't read everything Tony but I hope you're okay. Are you giving up on the Harley??

We havent even managed a ride out together yet@
    Thanks Ray. No, not yet - just contingency planning (and let's make a plan when I feel better).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th March 2023 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    For short B road blasts, yes.

I got ride of mine quite quickly. I was going too fast on my S1000RR & wanted a slower bike but the CCM was too much of a contrast and hard work on longer rides. The saddle on mine was rock hard & it was a tall bike.

Perhaps as a second or third bike they make more sense.
    Agreed. I always refer to those kind of bikes as Bar Hoppers.

Thanks Ray. No, not yet - just contingency planning (and let's make a plan when I feel better).
    Well whenever you feel up for it Tony, let me know. I seem to have accrued quite a few Harley mates since getting the Fat Bob and I'm sure they'll be up for it too!

Have you tried the Ducati X-Diavel Tony?

Easy to manage, comfortable feet forward cruiser, plenty of power if required and sexy Italian styling.

Ive had many bikes over the years, and tbh this is the best one yet for me.

It’s an Italian Harley in essence imho.
    Blimey - hadn’t realised how light it was (no heavier than the T120, in fact). Not cheap, though, so I’d probably be looking pre-loved.

I did test the 1260S a while back. Incredible machine.

Master
    Blimey - hadn’t realised how light it was (no heavier than the T120, in fact). Not cheap, though, so I’d probably be looking pre-loved.

I did test the 1260S a while back. Incredible machine.
    If you put them side by side you’d swear that my XDiavel is heavier then my Speedmaster, but it isn’t.. just pushing them in and out of the garage I can tell the Ducati is lighter.. The Speedmaster is the more manageable bike to ride though, everything about it is easier, clutch, gearshift and the way it rides in general. Half the power of the Ducati though. But if I could only keep one it’d be the Triumph. I love the Ducati, but the Triumph is just easier to live with day to day..

Being honest the Ducati can be a little intimidating, the Triumph is friendly.

If you put them side by side you’d swear that my XDiavel is heavier then my Speedmaster, but it isn’t.. just pushing them in and out of the garage I can tell the Ducati is lighter.. The Speedmaster is the more manageable bike to ride though, everything about it is easier, clutch, gearshift and the way it rides in general. Half the power of the Ducati though. But if I could only keep one it’d be the Triumph. I love the Ducati, but the Triumph is just easier to live with day to day..

Being honest the Ducati can be a little intimidating, the Triumph is friendly.

That’s interesting. When I tested the 1260s I felt pretty good on it, and having had the Harley for a while now I suspect I’m more prepared for the Diavel than I’d otherwise have been. Something to think about, anyway, with your points regarding the Speedmaster duly noted.

Craftsman

New KTM Adv R joins the Tenere

You can't beat a new bike day! I have changed a few bits already; got an Arrow can on there and the Powerparts seat.

I need a few more parts before it goes off road - AXP skid plate, sidestand bypass and headlight protector at the minimum. I will leave the standard hand guards for now, I have Barkbusters ready to go.

I did 50 miles yesterday on various roads from tight country lanes to fast A roads and the bike feels great already with no changes to the suspension settings.

Forgot an obvious third contender behind the T120 and Speedmaster... a bike I know well, and a fair bit lighter than the other two. Also no chain maintenance!

Forgot an obvious third contender behind the T120 and Speedmaster.

I think that’s worth your consideration Tony, if it had suited Mrs C as a pillion, it would have stuck around longer than it did. Quite a different ride to the T120 though and I couldn’t stay in the saddle as long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I think that’s worth your consideration Tony, if it had suited Mrs C as a pillion, it would have stuck around longer than it did. Quite a different ride to the T120 though and I couldn’t stay in the saddle as long.
    Where’s purple dream? You truly loved photographing that bike T

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Where’s purple dream? You truly loved photographing that bike T
    Tangerine Dream, you mean? Funny you should mention purple...

Last edited by learningtofly; 5th March 2023 at 10:01.

Master
    Thinking of lighter bikes, I’m strangely tempted to have a go on a KTM RC 390 (or Duke, but the RC is prettier), just for a laugh really. Coming from a Triumph 675 Street Triple, the more obvious KTM is the 890R, but almost all of my riding is around town. Following the pandemic most of London has been turned into a 20mph zone, so is it possible you’d have more fun thrashing a little Moto3 bike, than short shifting something larger and gambling with your licence every time you hit the mid range? Not that I’d swap one for the other, but with MCE offering pay by the mile insurance perhaps both would be an option for a while. It seems at least worth a test ride to find out… Thoughts appreciated from anyone who’s already tried this, is this madness?

Looking at this from all common sense AND emotional angles... the truth is I know the best solution. It's the Harley (all things being equal) or the T120 Black.
    The Trident 660 is almost 50kg lighter than the T120.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Thinking of lighter bikes, I’m strangely tempted to have a go on a KTM RC 390 (or Duke, but the RC is prettier), just for a laugh really. Coming from a Triumph 675 Street Triple, the more obvious KTM is the 890R, but almost all of my riding is around town. Following the pandemic most of London has been turned into a 20mph zone, so is it possible you’d have more fun thrashing a little Moto3 bike, than short shifting something larger and gambling with your licence every time you hit the mid range? Not that I’d swap one for the other, but with MCE offering pay by the mile insurance perhaps both would be an option for a while. It seems at least worth a test ride to find out… Thoughts appreciated from anyone who’s already tried this, is this madness?
    Hi Itsguy, I have a Ktm390 Duke and agree the RC is stunning to look at. The RC125 must be what most learners dream about. The engine and weight are similar though for both bikes. 140 kgs , 44 bhp 37 Nm torques. The pickup and delivery of power from the single is nothing smooth or sophisticated, it just snarles and leaps forward. Daftly power wheelies in first and second are possible. A true mini hooligan bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    The Trident 660 is almost 50kg lighter than the T120.
    It is, but it's not a bike that interests me (don't like the styling, and would want a bit more power on tap). Thanks though.

Hi Itsguy, I have a Ktm390 Duke and agree the RC is stunning to look at. The RC125 must be what most learners dream about. The engine and weight are similar though for both bikes. 140 kgs , 44 bhp 37 Nm torques. The pickup and delivery of power from the single is nothing smooth or sophisticated, it just snarles and leaps forward. Daftly power wheelies in first and second are possible. A true mini hooligan bike.
    I’ve got a Yamaha R3 in the garage with the idea of thrashing something small. I’ve not ridden it yet because it needs some work before being ready to go back on the road. I do wonder if it’s just a little too small though.
    The new zx4r looks like it will be a lot of fun though when it goes on sale here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’ve got a Yamaha R3 in the garage with the idea of thrashing something small. I’ve not ridden it yet because it needs some work before being ready to go back on the road. I do wonder if it’s just a little too small though.
    The new zx4r looks like it will be a lot of fun though when it goes on sale here.
    Dave remember the old adage , its more fun to ride a small bike fast than a large bike slow. You will be amazed at how agile it feels compare to your big four.

Agree on the Zx4R that’s a lot of power to extract from that mill and at what 14/15,000 rpm whats not to like.
    Last edited by higham5; 5th March 2023 at 18:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Thanks both - the RC is indeed very pretty, and in post ‘22 form seems surprisingly well specced, with (possibly pointless) electronics, and suspension that’s adjustable by hand, even when moving. There’s something very appealing about a mini race bike where you might get to work the engine a bit harder, in the same way that go karts can be more fun at lower speeds that full sized cars. A test ride of both that and the 790 / 890R is on the cards to see if the ‘less is more’ theory works in town, or if more is more after all. The Z4R sounds fun too, but on balance the single sounds a bit more likely to work around town.

Master
    I had a VFR400V4 for a while absolutely ridiculous for my 6’2” body but what a hoot- far too nippy for my ability

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I had a VFR400V4 for a while absolutely ridiculous for my 6’2” body but what a hoot- far too nippy for my ability
    My Pal used to do track days on one. It was fully tuned by Maxton front and rear. In his words he would be mullered by the 1000cc bikes on the straights and ride round the outside of them in the curves!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Thanks both - the RC is indeed very pretty, and in post ‘22 form seems surprisingly well specced, with (possibly pointless) electronics, and suspension that’s adjustable by hand, even when moving. There’s something very appealing about a mini race bike where you might get to work the engine a bit harder, in the same way that go karts can be more fun at lower speeds that full sized cars. A test ride of both that and the 790 / 890R is on the cards to see if the ‘less is more’ theory works in town, or if more is more after all. The Z4R sounds fun too, but on balance the single sounds a bit more likely to work around town.
    The 390 engine has two power bands , the first where the torque comes in is at 5/6K . If the demo bike is new eg under 600miles the tacho will go ape shXt at 7500 rpm and insist you change up. However peak power is delivered at 9 k rpm and the bike has a step change.

So I guess Im saying “ wring its neck” ps apparently the quickshifter is really nice, its hard wired into all 390 engines , but cost £350 to “ switch on” I didnt bother , instead I invested £150 in a Powertronics plug in piggy back ecu. This rectifies the stock bikes lean characteristics and provides a much smoother pick up. So if the RC feels a little lumpy at low eg <. 5k revs its a quick fix and definitely definitely worth it for round town work.

Speedmaster alternative - same chassis and engine. Like it a lot.

Last edited by learningtofly; 5th March 2023 at 19:18.

Master
    Dave remember the old adage , its more fun to ride a small bike fast than a large bike slow. You will be amazed at how agile it feels compare to your big four.

Agree on the Zx4R that’s a lot of power to extract from that mill and at what 14/15,000 rpm whats not to like.
    I am riding a blade for many years. Before that a Daytona 675. And before that a vtr sp1. I am thinking of selling te blade because riding it feels a bit boring. I rarely hit 4th gear. Everything is in 2 of 3. Shifting gears seems to be part of experience riding.

Not sure what new sport bike I’ll buy.

Master
    Speedmaster alternative - same chassis and engine. Like it a lot.

I’d have one in my garage right now (in morello red)….. if my wife didn’t want to pillion !! Great choice.

Indeed, that’s why I bought it. It’s a 67 plate, 28,000 mile bike with a recent replacement engine. I picked it up for peanuts because the frame has a couple of cracks in it. I’ve sourced a replacement and just need to find time to swap it over. I’ll then either keep it or maybe get something a little larger, maybe a 600/650..

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    I’d have one in my garage right now (in morello red)….. if my wife didn’t want to pillion !! Great choice.
    My only reservation is whether the two panniers would give me enough storage for, say, a couple of nights away. Obviously additional luggage isn't an option.

Master
    My only reservation is whether the two panniers would give me enough storage for, say, a couple of nights away. Obviously additional luggage isn't an option.
    Steel tank on that Tony, you could pick up a magnetic tank bag for little money. You will be suprised how much you can get in a tank bag.

I think Enoch ran a bobber in the past and liked it. At one point it was Triumphs best selling bike in the UK.

Ps In 2016 the missus and I did Italy on my GS for three weeks. 1 pannier each plus a roll bag for waterproof / foul weather gear. Came home with clothes we had not worn ;)
    Last edited by higham5; 5th March 2023 at 21:13.

Master
    The 390 engine has two power bands , the first where the torque comes in is at 5/6K . If the demo bike is new eg under 600miles the tacho will go ape shXt at 7500 rpm and insist you change up. However peak power is delivered at 9 k rpm and the bike has a step change.

So I guess Im saying “ wring its neck” ps apparently the quickshifter is really nice, its hard wired into all 390 engines , but cost £350 to “ switch on” I didnt bother , instead I invested £150 in a Powertronics plug in piggy back ecu. This rectifies the stock bikes lean characteristics and provides a much smoother pick up. So if the RC feels a little lumpy at low eg <. 5k revs its a quick fix and definitely definitely worth it for round town work.
    Interesting and great info on the ECU. I’m curious how fast you have to be going to hit that power band in first and second. My issue with old super sports 600s like the R6 is that if you touched the mid range for one second in town in any gear, you would inevitably be doing 60. An SV650 would pull from tick over and was a bit more useful (later, peakier R6s were generally left slipping their clutches at the lights). The 675 triple is somewhere in between. I guess I’m hoping the single would allow you to rev it a bit in town without going all that fast, and so be fun without losing your license. But hopefully I can find out for myself soon…

Master
    You can put a small rack on the rear mudgaurd like I did for a bit of extra capacity..

Having owned 2 bobbers, and 2 Speedmaster they are quite different in character. The Speedmaster has the forward controls as standard and the bobber has mid controls, but these can easily be mixed and matched and you can have mids on the speedy and forwards on the bobber. Same with handlebars.

Having owned both, my conclusion is that the bobber is cooler, and the Speedmaster is more practical and quite a bit more comfortable.

In addition to a tank bag, you could get a fork bag for a few extra litres of space.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Steel tank on that Tony, you could pick up a magnetic tank bag for little money. You will be suprised how much you can get in a tank bag.

I think Enoch ran a bobber in the past and liked it. At one point it was Triumphs best selling bike in the UK.

Ps In 2016 the missus and I did Italy on my GS for three weeks. 1 pannier each plus a roll bag for waterproof / foul weather gear. Came home with clothes we had not worn ;)
    That’s a good point, albeit it would probably look shite!

As a matter of interest, were you glad to be home after three weeks on the bike?

You can put a small rack on the rear mudgaurd like I did for a bit of extra capacity..

Having owned 2 bobbers, and 2 Speedmaster they are quite different in character. The Speedmaster has the forward controls as standard and the bobber has mid controls, but these can easily be mixed and matched and you can have mids on the speedy and forwards on the bobber. Same with handlebars.

Having owned both, my conclusion is that the bobber is cooler, and the Speedmaster is more practical and quite a bit more comfortable.
    That’s not an OEM solution is it, Andy? How much weight will the fender hold?

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    In addition to a tank bag, you could get a fork bag for a few extra litres of space.
    Good point. And a bum bag :)