closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC Divers, issued v civilian

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    Thanks again - all very useful.
    Having owned both an 82 G10 from CWC and Precista I would say they are identical (aside from the dial!)

I picked this one up from Silvermans vault recently a prototype Royal Navy clearance divers watch quartz, I guess it should have been issued but luckily for me it wasn’t very similar to the 50 automatic ones that were sold to the clearance divers edit I guess those weren’t issued either

Picture of the automatic version
    Last edited by Balance wheel; 30th March 2023 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I picked this one up from Silvermans vault recently a prototype Royal Navy clearance divers watch quartz, I guess it should have been issued but luckily for me it wasn’t very similar to the 50 automatic ones that were sold to the clearance divers edit I guess those weren’t issued either

Picture of the automatic version
    These are quite smart. Subtler than some.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 31st March 2023 at 09:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post

Picture of the automatic version ]
    Nice watch for sure. The Silvermans vault watches are always interesting.

Master
    My CWC/Military watch journey continues!

From originally baulking at the prices being asked for an issued RN Diver to actually buying what was a very nice example from 1997 for reasonable money.

My next move was to consolidate some of my collection to fund a Seiko 6105 and unfortunately the 97 RN Diver was sold as part of that exercise.

Out,

In,

But, I had always fancied a Precista 88 or 89 but again didn’t like the prices being asked.

In the end, Jason at Sweeping Hand had a very nice 89 for again, a reasonable price so the proverbial trigger was pulled. I know Sinnlover has said the Precistas are lesser quality than the CWC and I actually have to agree to an extent but I just really like the design of the Precista, plus the Patina on this example is really quite good.

It wears much smaller than the CWC Divers but I have tiny wrists so it’s cool on me.

After enjoying the Precista for a while I was missing the CWC so decided to start looking for another one.

I had always fancied an SBS but again, the prices are a bit mad, especially for the older years. So, I traded my good mate an Everest plus some cash for an 87 reissue. And very nice it was too…

But, much like when I had the 83 reissue, I just knew I wanted an “proper” issued watch.

So, the reissue was sold and this appeared after a long story…and a bit of a deal.

2001 SBS with what I think is lovely Patina and in very nice condition.

I had the pleasure of meeting a good friend at the weekend who I’m sure some of you will know, to have a look at his extensive collection of British Military watches, what a sight!

I took too many pictures to post on here but you get the jist….

The watch circled in the pic is the Reissue and I was impressed. It didn’t look out of place mixed in with all the vintage pieces.
    Last edited by Slevin Kelevra; 4th April 2023 at 09:12.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin Kelevra View Post
    My CWC/Military watch journey continues!

From originally baulking at the prices being asked for an issued RN Diver to actually buying what was a very nice example from 1997 for reasonable money.

My next move was to consolidate some of my collection to fund a Seiko 6105 and unfortunately the 97 RN Diver was sold as part of that exercise.

Good post with some great pictures!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    I think I’ve heard this before?
    Nice wee hour talking watches.
    I'll never say never!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Good post with some great pictures!
    Cheers, its cool to see so many issued watches in the metal. Normally only see them on forums.