closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    This is for me is bland, boring and looks like a million other microbrands.

Can’t for the life of me see 10k of value for this lazy jumping the shark watch. For me IWC are only on a downward spiral
    Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Disagree. This is on my want list, and I think it's the loveliest pilot chrono I've ever see.

IWC are making some lovely stuff, albeit overpriced like all the higher-end brands.
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    Last edited by TKH; 26th March 2023 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Have to agree Tony IWC are coming good with in house movements (sort of) and finally making watches in more sensible sizes

The 388 range of pilots in 41mm superb I bought a Green 388103 last year and have worn little else since it’s legible.

I just hope they don’t price themselves out of the market.
    LOVE the green dial, too.

Glad you can find something you like but I feel very differently. The movements are still pretty pedestrian and I would be expecting a little more than a jazzed up bought in movement at this cost. Plus the day date just looks a little lazy to me.

For me, IWC are the pinnacle of just coasting on their heritage and name with little if any innovation and charging for the pleasure. Wake me up when they do something actually interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Ignoring the fact that it's not actually the watch originally being discussed, it's a style of watch I personally like very much, but I've bothered to check into a dealers and handle some to see if they're worth the stiff prices and they just left me stone cold. Oddly and unconvincingly 'blingy' in-the-metal for a tool watch, with hands and dial having a very stamped-from-thin-sheet-metal look to them. Pad-printed dials are really nothing special in this day-and-age, and using the same undersized movements for even the largest variants (look at the day/date position) is also underwhelming. Trading on their name too much with present pricing, but then that's all a lot of people seem to want - the name.
    Disagree about the handset (I’ve handled one as well). As for the movement size, the subdials are perfectly positioned; I accept that the day/date window could be slightly closer to the indices but it’s nowhere near being enough of an issue to put me off buying.

I didn’t find it blingy either, or at least no more so than other IWC pilot watches on bracelets.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 26th March 2023 at 20:27.