closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin media price hike

Hybrid View

I'm sick of Virgin Media - Although I'm not sure the alternatives are actually any better.

We had no landline for 4 days recently, impressive service for the extra money they now demand.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Virgin "landline" is now a con, it's simply a VOIP service. Not only do they save money from not paying for the actual phone network connection but prices go up too? The only ones who ever ring the landline is my dear old Mum and spam/Virgin themselves trying to upsell me.

I'm off to CityFibre, who are going live in my area soon. Cheaper, plus because we will no longer have "live broadcast" programs no need to buy a TV license either saving yet more. Virgin TV was "nice to have" but not worth the extra money and having to argue for a discount every 18 months now that I can get a comparable/faster internet connection.

Apprentice
    I was on a negotiated £30 rate for my 250 mbps fiber, and got the letter about the big % increase. I took the opportunity to jump to a 900 up, 900 down with Giganet for £40 per month. Took AGES to cancel via WhatsApp live chat with lots of attempts to dodge my request, then a very nice lady called up the next day to try to win me back (I've been a disgruntled customer for nearly a decade, but only recently have FTTP options become available at my postcode). Maybe don't increase prices by so much in the first place?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Virgin "landline" is now a con, it's simply a VOIP service. Not only do they save money from not paying for the actual phone network connection but prices go up too? The only ones who ever ring the landline is my dear old Mum and spam/Virgin themselves trying to upsell me.

I'm off to CityFibre, who are going live in my area soon. Cheaper, plus because we will no longer have "live broadcast" programs no need to buy a TV license either saving yet more. Virgin TV was "nice to have" but not worth the extra money and having to argue for a discount every 18 months now that I can get a comparable/faster internet connection.
    The irony being that Virgin Media are currently eyeing a £3BN takeover of Cityfibre :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    ......Cheaper, plus because we will no longer have "live broadcast" programs no need to buy a TV license either saving yet more...
    Is that correct? You can still watch "live Broadcast" programmes live online via iPlayer, ITVX, Ch4 etc. therefore I was under the impression that you still needed a TV license.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Is that correct? You can still watch "live Broadcast" programmes live online via iPlayer, ITVX, Ch4 etc. therefore I was under the impression that you still needed a TV license.
    You need one for live streaming services (ITVX, All 4 etc) and any iPlayer content.
    Obviously if not interested in those you don’t need to pay.