closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Driving from Gretna Green to Manchester in June.. any suggestions for things to do?

Craftsman

Driving from Gretna Green to Manchester in June.. any suggestions for things to do?

Hi folks,

We are travelling to Manchester in June for coldplay. Boat from Belfast to Cairnryan, staying in a spot close to Gretna Green.. arrive thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night staying in Manchester and making our way back to Cairnryan for sailing Tuesday.. 16 year old daughter with us. Wondering what we could do Friday on the way to Manchester.. and where to head Sunday and stay Sunday night/Monday night. Last year we spent some time in Edinburgh and wouldnt mind going back but its a bit out of the way. Also did Glencoe and some of the highlands. ~think we will be driving via the Lake District which I'm sure must be few spots worth stopping at?

Also just to complicate have an EV (non tesla) so will need to plan for charging etc.

Thinking of maybe doing Chester Zoo one of the days and my wife was in blackpool in her youth on holidays and thinks it might be worth a visit?

Cheers,
    Mick

Plenty of nice pubs with accommodation in Moffatt, and a good base for Edinburgh should you fancy a day trip.