closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garage build

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    I was going to oil the oak but the guy who installed it said not to until it had at least dried out a bit, the tanning in green oak stops the oil from being absorbed so it basically sits on the surface.
    He did also ask why would you want to oil such a beautiful piece of timber.
    Being possessed of a stash of timber planking, I live my life in mortal fear of woodworm. March is when they fly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That is an impressive build; looks like you enjoy very nice views.

I hope you have a nice car to put in there or will all the money be gone and there will be just a lonely lawn mower??

It looks like there's some superb workmanship involved in your build and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded with a cracking garage.

(great views as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    It looks like there's some superb workmanship involved in your build and I'm sure your patience will be rewarded with a cracking garage.

(great views as well)
    Echo that statement 100%

Master
    Thank you for the comments, yes the workmanship is first class and they are all local and know each other so handy if one wants the other to pop by and do something so as they can crack on.
    Views aren’t bad are they, it’s the reason the garage is where it is and only single story with a shallow pitched roof, didn’t want to impact too much on views or sunshine.
    As for what’s going in there, I’ve got my eye on a few toys but will wait until it’s built to decide.

Master
    It's been a couple of months since an update, things have been progressing, albeit slowly for one reason or another, ( people busy, on holiday, changing a few details etc etc ).
    Anyway, roof timbers are now on, builder will be back in the next couple of weeks, ( he's on holiday ), to build up gable ends and stonework between the rafters, then the roof will go on.
    It'a amazing just how much timber has gone into the roof, and I've included a pic of how he's joined the ridge beam together, I thought it was quite clever, but apparently that's how he does it, shame it's going to be covered up.

Looking forward to attending the Official Opening.

Master
    Roof now completed and insulation in, just need to fit between joists as we fit the plasterboard.