closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin 360 box

Virgin 360 box

I've been offered a free 'upgrade' to the 360 box. The current Tivo box works fine for us and since getting a new TV we probably use the apps on that more than the Tivo.

Is the 360 any good? Will it change our lives? Any thoughts welcome. TIA

We “upgraded”. The search function is good as it searches all apps and channels. The integration with other boxes you have seems better also.

We did have a box fail as it was trying to update, virgin sent a new one the same day but it seems to be doing software updates often.

Cheers

Ross

Virgin 360 box

The best upgrade I got from Virgin Media is the Hub 5. The 360 just felt like an upgrade, whereas the Hub 5 made a huge improvement.

The WiFi range is just so much better then the old router. It now covers the whole house and tricky far reach areas where we could not get WiFi before.

I've had no issues with the two 360 boxes we have. I never had the Tivo so can't compare with that.

If you have a TiVo hang onto it.

The 360 has a few benefits (voice search is actually useful and apps, like YT run faster), but if I could have a TiVo back, I would in a second.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    If you have a TiVo hang onto it.

The 360 has a few benefits (voice search is actually useful and apps, like YT run faster), but if I could have a TiVo back, I would in a second.

M
    Can I ask why?

No idea which we have but the voice search is great. Voice search is great, better than Google and Android somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Can I ask why?
    Lots of features we found useful aren't included on the 'improved' 360 boxes.

For example if you delete something by accident on the 360 it is gone for good, on the TiVo you could undelete things.

If you watch something on Netflix, for example, it doesn't then let you rewind live TV

Lots of minor things, but definitely a step back in my experience.

We've got used to the 360 now, but it's still irritating at times, but the exact differences have faded now.

However, it was so bad initially that I asked them to return our TiVo's, but they refused.

M

Sounds like a plan to stick with the Tivo until it dies.

Funnily enough I watched something I recorded from ages ago last night but that's the first time I've used it for about 2 months.

The only thing I can think might be a pain is if Liverpool's fortunes improve and I need to record BT Sport games next season.

Then again, unless I can get a decent renewal deal from Virgin in July, I'll probably ditch the service and go with Community Fibre or similar.

Are you still in contract? Does the 'free' upgrade involve a new 12/24/36 contract?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Are you still in contract? Does the 'free' upgrade involve a new 12/24/36 contract?
    Contract ends in July but the 360 upgrade was offered separately so no bearing on the contract renewal or otherwise.

For those who have upgraded moved to the 360 box, what happens to the recordings on your Tivo box(es)? It will probably take us about 6 months to watch everything we have recorded on the boxes by which time we'll have recorded a load more.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    For those who have upgraded moved to the 360 box, what happens to the recordings on your Tivo box(es)? It will probably take us about 6 months to watch everything we have recorded on the boxes by which time we'll have recorded a load more.
    They go with the box

M