closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Boutique London

Master

Cartier Boutique London

I’ve been in a good few boutiques in Bond Street lately, scoping out new possibilities. Such as Wempe (sadly now closed) Blancpain, Chopard, Breguet + JLC where I finally bought something. Always been treated with respect + time + often coffee. Nothing too much trouble. I don’t ‘dress up’ for these outings.
    Then I visited Cartier - quite busy but a good few staff and was soon approached asking if they could help. I wanted to eyeball a Santos especially the bracelet. Chap told me someone would be along very shortly. There were several free staff and the Chap chatted to them and I waited, and waited. Basically I was ignored and this became obvious to me over 5 mins. So after standing around like a mug I made for the door. Someone then asked from about 2 metres away - can I help you? Not anymore said I and off I toddled. So won’t be back under any circumstances.

Inexcusable, and an example of why Wempe will be so badly missed.

Such a shame but for £7-£8k you won't get a better watch and they make Omega/Rolex/IWC etc look like garbage tat so maybe try another place instead and buy the best watch under £10k you could buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Such a shame but for £7-£8k you won't get a better watch and they make Omega/Rolex/IWC etc look like garbage tat so maybe try another place instead and buy the best watch under £10k you could buy.
    Entirely untrue Ryan

I think there is something to be said for remembering what you are worth, and who the potential client is.

I would have walked too

I like the Santos a lot, and it’s bracelet is easy to resize and remove, but I would take a DateJust over it every day.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, never thought I'd 'hear' that written about a Santos Cartier!

Sorry to hear of such a dismal experience, Robin.

You did very well at JLC, though

Had a similar experience while shopping at the WoS boutique on Regent Street. Won't be going back there either.

Reminds me of the time I was waiting for help to buy my wife a handbag in the Gucci section of a House of Fraser. Sales assistant came over to me, looked me over, and said “Just to let you know sir, the Gucci brand is not part of the sales event, discounted brands are over there. Have a good day.” She then turned straight around and walked away. Never returned to the shop and it closed soon afterwards. I like to think that she suffered.
    Then there was the time in Selfridges Wonder Room when, after a long wait for service to buy a watch, I approached a small group of staff talking behind a counter. “I’m sorry sir, we only service the needs of our Chinese clients.” Of which there were none that I could see. Went elsewhere and got a nice discount.

Master
    Really? Cartier make some lovely watches but I think both Rolex and Omega are as good, if not better at their price point.