closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show us your Damasko

Hybrid View

Thank you, Paul. That makes sense.

I happened to call Damasko earlier on an unrelated matter and asked them about the availability of the Si models. Mrs Morrell confirmed that they have no plans to reintroduce the series, but they still have some stock available of all the Si models. I am quite tempted by a 56 now...

Hope all is well with you and you're enjoying your 756!

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Damn nice watch.

I don't have the scoop as such, but suspect it's a combo of (anecdotal) reliability issues with the early batch, plus Damasko's ever-present difficulty recruiting enough watchmakers to service demand: as soon as they train people up and get them proficient they head off to Schweiz for better pay and lower taxes. So, I'd guess they simplified their model lineup by dropping the more-expensive, less-popular movement option.

The chronos all still use Valjoux 7750s, so no swap to in-house yet; daresay it'll happen eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBB View Post
    Thank you, Paul. That makes sense.

I happened to call Damasko earlier on an unrelated matter and asked them about the availability of the Si models. Mrs Morrell confirmed that they have no plans to reintroduce the series, but they still have some stock available of all the Si models. I am quite tempted by a 56 now...

Hope all is well with you and you're enjoying your 756!

Sounds like they must have a few movements left. Must admit I'd be tempted myself - my 56 is actually looking a bit 'vulnerable' since I got the 756, especially as I fancy trying an Archimede Outdoor Chrono - but a DC56 Si could hold its place... Then again a lot of expensive refurbishment work happening here at the mo'...

And yes, the 756 has barely been off my wrist since we met - really enjoying it! I hope the DC76 is getting some wrist time with you?

"Arty" wrist shot of the DC 82

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

DSub3 getting some wrist-time on an FKM 'Troffle' strap this weekend -

Journeyman
    The coating on the Damasko picks up dirt really easy. Give it a clean with a toothbrush, and it looks like brand-new.

I’m wearing it more now.

Blog Entries
    Was very lucky to pick up the OEM leather strap option for a DC86 from SC the other day and so now, I have all three OEM options covered.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Was very lucky to pick up the OEM leather strap option for a DC86 from SC the other day and so now, I have all three OEM options covered.
    Now the really hard part is choosing which to wear, since they all look superb!

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    "Arty" wrist shot of the DC 82

Love this! Does anybody know whether this is still the bezel you get if you order a 1-11 custom DC82? Or do you effectively get the DC82/2? Personally I much prefer the former…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPwatchfan1978 View Post
    Love this! Does anybody know whether this is still the bezel you get if you order a 1-11 custom DC82? Or do you effectively get the DC82/2? Personally I much prefer the former…
    Damasko will put together pretty much any custom combo of bezel (coin-edge or castellated), insert (1-11 / 60-0), dial, and hands - provided they have the parts still and that they'll all fit together. I found them very helpful when ordering a bespoke variant - so drop them a line and ask.