closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Navigator Competitor from Forstner

Navigator Competitor from Forstner

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but just had a notification about this one:

https://forstnerbands.com/products/f...t-ref-f-6b-346

Not bad. Do we know how much? I'm guessing £700ish?

Master
    I wonder how much it will be?

It does look nice, however Eddies has better shaping of the lugs viewed in profile, and I have come to love the polished bezel. The lug holes on the Smiths are in positioned absolutely perfectly too. Can’t see exactly where they are on the Forstner - the spec says the are drilled but the image shows undrilled.

Also, what they have done with the dial is interesting, but I don’t think it works on this watch - especially the white version.

Also also, shame they didn’t spec it with an acrylic crystal, that would’ve scored it a “+1” over the Smiths.
    Last edited by Neil.Ldn; 23rd March 2023 at 19:44.

Master
    Correction ^^ the black dialled version shows drilled lugs, the white one not.

Master
    If Forstner make bracelets, why can't they make one for this that has proper end links?

It looks cobbled together to me.

Master
    The images don't work for me via the link, but I did find a video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1104044350326376

As for the bracelet, I guess it's more traditional / period correct to the original watches that inspired it.

I like it! But I already have a Navigator. I prefer the sapphire on the Navi, it tapers off more elegantly at the edge. But I like the simpler brand logo on the Forstner.

Journeyman
    12.5mm thick is definitely thicker than I like. The smiths is 11.3mm. Only a small difference though, so no biggie.

I don't like the textured dial face of the Forstner and seems a bit too white for the hands and indices.

The white dial doesn't look bad, but for an homage, I like Eddie's interpretation a bit more and the price for the forstner is around the price these tend to go for second hand on ebay so I'd be of the mind to hold out for one to pop up again.

Seems a good watch in all other aspects though. Same movement, but maybe not Top movement of the SW210 like Timefactor's version. I do like the dome of the Forstner's sapphire a bit more than Eddie's if I'm being honest. That's about the only difference I see as a pro for the Forstner. Would be interested in seeing the review of the watch though.

Is the hour hand on the Forstner one closer to the hours thus more accurate to original or no?
    Last edited by Isildurs_bane; 24th April 2023 at 03:17.