closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Arcteryx Customer Service

Master

Arcteryx Customer Service

In these times where all you hear is negative comments about customer service or the lacking of it.

I have a few Arc’teryx bits some about 10 years old and still going strong, well a couple of weeks ago the zip broke on my Atom SV which I must have had about 6 or 7 years, so I sent Arc’teryx a message asking if they had a recommendation of someone to repair it.
    They just said send it back to them, roll on 2 weeks and it arrived back this morning with a Replacement Zip FOC.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Great result. I'm new to there outdoor gear so that's pleasing to know and inspires me with confidence in their products (as they aren't cheap)

I have one of their goretex coats which is starting to wet out. I'm scared to wash it as the last goretex item I washed never recovered! So this is reassuring.

Craftsman
    Yep. Have had a few good experiences with them however post-Brexit their delivery services (using UPS) are awful.

Getting notifications for about 6 days saying “your parcel will arrive today” before it actually arrives. Very annoying.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up aa, my goretex jacket needs a new zip so worth a try

I had a very similar positive experience with Scarpa.

I owned a pair of their Goretex walking shoes and one of the laces snapped after several (4ish) years of use. I emailed them to ask where I could buy a genuine set of laces and they sent me a brand new set of shoes.
    I have been brand loyal to them for all my walking shoes since, so it does work!

Craftsman
    Berghaus also offer the same service, worth noting:

https://www.berghaus.com/repairs.list

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scooobydont View Post
    Berghaus also offer the same service, worth noting:

https://www.berghaus.com/repairs.list

I was a bit disappointed with them when I contacted them as they said they couldn't repair and just offered my the 30% discount off another purchase.
    I didn't feel the repair was that difficult.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

I owned a pair of their Goretex walking shoes and one of the laces snapped after several (4ish) years of use. I emailed them to ask where I could buy a genuine set of laces and they sent me a brand new set of shoes.
    I have been brand loyal to them for all my walking shoes since, so it does work!
    That is truly astounding. Above and beyond a level of service. Makes me want to buy their boots next.

I had some great service today from a small thermometer retailer. I’d purchased a wireless set up for my bbq to replace the previous generations of the same type.

It keeps losing signal, and the older ones were always perfect vs losing every hour or so. Emailed them asking if there were any hints or tips for this aside from new batteries. Got an email within 5 hours saying they are sending me a new one in case mine is faulty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

I have Scarpa walking boots and approach shoes, both been exemplary over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I was a bit disappointed with them when I contacted them as they said they couldn't repair and just offered my the 30% discount off another purchase.
    I didn't feel the repair was that difficult.
    You need to spend 5X on Arcteryx to the extra level of service.

All repairs carried out on the soft inner thighs of Canadian milk maidens.

Master
    That Scarpa tale is ridiculous, especially as a set of laces would have been great customer service!

Blog Entries
    Musto has the same customer care. My 2001(!) HPX coat was torn last year: the left sleeve was caught by a piece of metal from the rigging of a boat. They replaced the sleeve FoC. A little colour difference is all that shows the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    That Scarpa tale is ridiculous, especially as a set of laces would have been great customer service!
    I completely agree. I would have been very happy to buy the laces from them and pay the postage too.

My experience with the previous Salomon GTX shoes which leaked after 2 months could not have been more different.