closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Cream Tea: Jam or Cream First?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jam then Cream

50 50.51%
  • Cream then Jam

38 38.38%
  • What fresh hell is this?

11 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cream Tea: Jam or Cream First?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Job done

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

At the risk of being banished from the thread for crassness, does it always have to be strawberry jam or can other preserves be used to add a bit of variety? Or even Nutella?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    At the risk of being banished from the thread for crassness, does it always have to be strawberry jam or can other preserves be used to add a bit of variety? Or even Nutella?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    I cannot talk for Cornwall but in Devon it is always strawberry Jam, probably because years ago, strawberries were grown in back gardens and people made their own jam. My Grandmother had quite a large plot for strawberry growing and her cottage used to get swamped out with wasps when she made the jam. Clotted cream kept better in pre fridge days and just became the obvious choice.

I'm okay with raspberry or blackcurrant but Nutella is disgusting with anything IMO.

I had to look it up. I actually thought you were putting the jam and cream in the tea.

Being that you have bangers and mash and spotted dick. Can't see a reason you wouldn't put jam in your tea :)

Turns out two methods

Devonshire method or Cornish and I would think the Cornish would ne less messier with jam fist and then cream

Don't get clotted cream in Canada as it's subject to a tax and tariff around 70% of the retail price

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Cornish way - jam then cream.

that said, I prefer cheese and herb scones with salted butter.

Master
    Very enlightening thread. I'll make a note never to risk Afternoon Tea in Cornwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Longwool View Post
    It is ALWAYS Jam First

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A ‘rim of scone’??

That’s just madness

Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    I had to look it up. I actually thought you were putting the jam and cream in the tea.

Being that you have bangers and mash and spotted dick. Can't see a reason you wouldn't put jam in your tea :)

Turns out two methods

Devonshire method or Cornish and I would think the Cornish would ne less messier with jam fist and then cream

Don't get clotted cream in Canada as it's subject to a tax and tariff around 70% of the retail price
    Do you get that tinned, thick sterilised cream in Canada? It might kind of work. I'm sure it disgusts many, but I love it straight from the tin or on tinned fruit, a guilty secret stemming from childhood.

There's always plenty of clotted cream left over in the pot? What do people do with it? Tends to get spooned straight from fridge to mouth by me.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 9th May 2023 at 18:15.

I live on the Devon Cornwall border, seriously down here no one gives a toss as long as you are in the cafes buying them

It's just tourists who seem to care

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk