closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Laurent Ferrier owners?

Apprentice

Any Laurent Ferrier owners?

A brand that seems to get little in the way of discussion, perhaps because it is so small? It was certainly one that I had very little awareness of until I tried one on in Pragnell. I love the understated elegance of the galet design, the beautiful movements, quality of the finishing, and the often beauty of the dials. I'm tempted by a micro rotor galet when I see the right dial and case material. They are perhaps slightly too big (under 40 mm would be great IMO), but not particularly so and in keeping with current fashion.

Do any members have one in their collection? If you do, do you still think that they are wonderful? If not, why?

Not an owner - they're way above my pay grade - but I have admired the aesthetics and execution of every single one of their watches: something I cannot say of any other manufacturer, at any level.

If I was a substantially wealthier dress-watch guy, I would not hesitate - the only difficulty would be narrowing-down the choice.

Had never heard of them, but as a dress watch -the one above is stunning !!

Prices are too rich for me, mind.

This has been my 'exit' watch for a long time, not that I'll ever be in a position to chuck that amount of money down on a watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Thanks for the comments folks! Oddly enough it was a Galet Classic Tourbillon Double Spiral that I tried on - although in white gold and with a black dial - which is way out of my price range too! It's the more modestly priced micro-rotor Galet that I'm thinking of buying. Beautiful and very understated watches.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Had never heard of them, but as a dress watch -the one above is stunning !!

Prices are too rich for me, mind.
    Weirdly, that's one of the virtues of the brand for me, although certainly not the most important - LF watches seem to me to have many intrinsic merits. In a world of ostentatious showy watches (Rolex, AP etc) and all the baggage that it entails, a simple, elegant and beautifully made, classy watch is refreshing IMHO.

I love precious metal dress type watches and only have one diver's type watch, so this style immediately appeals. I'd love to hear from anyone who has bought one and to know whether the appeal of LF remains after a period of ownership.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    This has been my 'exit' watch for a long time, not that I'll ever be in a position to chuck that amount of money down on a watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Thats my “lottery win” watch as well. Pure class!