closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Repairs & Service

Craftsman

Oris Repairs & Service

Hi all,

A few years ago, probably more than six, a member of these forums repaired my Oris Aquis for me, he did a great job and it ran perfectly until this week. I have just wound it as normal and it will not run. I wonder if the person would contact me for another repair, or if anyone on here knows of someone who can repair an Oris in the Wiltshire or Leicestershire areas?

Many thanks

Journeyman
    I’ve used Andrew Charles near Hitchin previously for repairs/service of my Oris’s … but that was a good few years back

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Andrew Charles are no longer the official Oris service centre, this is now https://www.chrontime.co.uk/ I tried a couple of independents (including at least one recommended here, can't remember who) and they wouldn't do them because of Oris policy to only supply parts to official service centres :-(

Grand Master
    Update: Turns out the watch has a broken mainspring, unusual for an ETA 2824, but that's why it wouldn't run! Snapped close to the barrel arbour, that's where they usually fail on an automatic spring.

Currently in pieces on my workbench awaiting cleaning/reassembly, makes sense to fully strip, clean and re-oil everything rather than simply replace the mainspring and do a partial stripdown.

Journeyman
    Just had a quote from Chrontime £330 plus shipping … to services my wife’s 7543 …. Which stings a lot considering it’s not a complicated movement.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app