closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    What Arsenal players get into the City side?
    Tough one, Saka I reckon would get in though and Odegaard as well would have a shot if they played a system whereby he played alongside KDB in a kind of David Silva role. Plus he and Haaland play together for Norway. Saliba also would be in with a shout as would Ben White as the way he plays with inverted wingers would be perfect for City. So Saka for sure, maybe Odegaard and Saliba and possibly White also.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Tough one, Saka I reckon would get in though and Odegaard as well would have a shot if they played a system whereby he played alongside KDB in a kind of David Silva role. Plus he and Haaland play together for Norway. Saliba also would be in with a shout as would Ben White as the way he plays with inverted wingers would be perfect for City. So Saka for sure, maybe Odegaard and Saliba and possibly White also.
    Agree with most of that except for White. The point I’m trying to make though is that is that despite not having players that can make the best team, a squad can perform above and beyond its theoretical level. Mourinho done it for years in his early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Agree with most of that except for White. The point I’m trying to make though is that is that despite not having players that can make the best team, a squad can perform above and beyond its theoretical level. Mourinho done it for years in his early days.
    Yep for sure and Pep makes good players better. Look at Nathan Ake as a great example.

As an aside rumours going round that Graham Potter is on his way to Crystal Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yep for sure and Pep makes good players better. Look at Nathan Ake as a great example.

As an aside rumours going round that Graham Potter is on his way to Crystal Palace.
    Arteta looks to be able to do the same. Very impressed this season despite the last few games.

Could be one of those perfect moves for Potter and Palace that. I’d not be surprised to see them replicate Brighton this season.