Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
City will walk it easily, their second team would come in the top 6 each year. They can rebuild easily enough with unlimited funds!
This shows the power of the media and how it influences thinking. We play what we call City bingo when discussing media articles about us. Ticking them off as the article unfolds. The 2nd team would be in the top 4 or 6 is usually somewhere. Unlimited funds being spent is never far away, despite the facts telling a different story. You won’t go far to read about our huge squad. The reality is we have one of the smallest, but it has quality team players. By the way, you will struggle to find many match going blues that think we will walk any competition. For much of this current season many thought we were a declining team and could not have envisaged where we stand currently. We weren’t playing particularly well.

I am used to reading all the nonsense and most goes over my head, but what frustrates me is when our manager / coach doesn’t get the credit for his work. He finds a way and has changed my way of seeing the game. We buy well and have a lot of young academy players coming through. When we do buy it usually takes a season for the new player to understand the system and look like they can play at this level. Look at Jack, Nathan, Rodri, John Stones, Cancello, who were all being touted as a waste of money by other clubs supporters. What they all have in common is they eventually understand the system and are then fantastic. It.becomes engrained in them. It’s Pep’s system and many won’t appreciate his work until he is gone.