Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
Not sure about any kind of title challenge but what significant change is needed at Liverpool? The year after winning the league form fell off a cliff for much the same reason it has this year, injuries and players running out of steam. The season before last Liverpool were challenging in all competitions.

It was pretty obvious that Henderson (Who even said in the summer he was running on empty) and Fabinio needed to be rested and it seems there was a perception that with Keita and Ox and Millner there was enough back up to at least last the season, quite why anyone thought a reserve 3 of whom 2 were so injury prone could act as back up is beyond me. Jones was injured Diaz got injured early on there was a complete lack of depth.

Liverpool really need 3 decent signings 2 in midfield and one defender preferably who can play in more than one position along the back and for Gods sake just put TAA in midfield and stop flogging a dead horse trying to play him as a defender. A player with the energy of Henderson and the passing ability of Alonso and he is stuck playing a jack of all trades role.

Chelsea will be back up there in the mix the big question mark is with Spurs, they really need to get a new manager sorted fast and start getting the squad back together again because the signs are not looking good.
Absolutely agree regarding TAA. He is potentially a world class midfielder. Pep would have him in the Stones / Lewis role and I think he would possibly be better than both in there. With that freedom and his passing range he could be devastating. Instead we just hear constant criticism of his defensive frailties. He is the one player I would love to see at City and see what Pep would do with him.