closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show your G-Shocks

Hybrid View

G Shock experts, I am seeking your advice please.

I am interested in getting a square/rectangular - like the original one.
    I have viewed their website, but get bogged down with all the various model numbers and lettering.

I have a 6 ¾" wrist so not looking for a large watch - probably 40mm.
    An up to date G Shock, that is Solar powered, with possibly Bluetooth and DOES NOT have a negative screen, as I find them more difficult to read.
    The 5000 range seems the right model, but I would be guided by you.
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

I have viewed their website, but get bogged down with all the various model numbers and lettering.

An up to date G Shock, that is Solar powered, with possibly Bluetooth and DOES NOT have a negative screen, as I find them more difficult to read.
    Many thanks
    If you really want a smaller one, I’d go for a GMDS5600, or a BGD5000U, both of which are marketed at women and are a little smaller than the traditional square, at 40mm. The BGD5000u has more advanced features (radio controlled time, solar charging etc) but is branded as a BABY-G. I have one and I thoroughly recommend it.

If the above aren’t to your taste, I’d recommend a GW5000u. It’s a modern G with more advanced features, and a relatively simple design, or a GWB5600 which has similar features + Bluetooth.

Many thanks
    I can highly recommend the GW-5000-U but it's a little heavier that other squares due to the steel case back.

If you wanted something ever so slightly smaller and a lot lighter, I would recommend the carbon-fibre strapped GW-S5600U-1JF. This has a very light titanium case back, the upgraded U model with UK date and white backlight. I have the older non-U version but it still has the clearest LCD display I've seen on any G. It's a great watch. The only downside is that the Carbon Fibre strap is not the most flexible, and it's quite long. The default strap with a GW-5000 is the most flexible and comfortable one they make.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

G-Shocks wear different, forget about regular watch sizes. I have the same wrist size and you should be fine with the regular square, eg GW-B5600 series (giving this example, as you mentioned Bluetooth).

Journeyman

Many thanks
    With no hint of irony, the best £100 you can spend on a watch

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2926...g-shock:8:14:1

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    If you really want a smaller one, I’d go for a GMDS5600, or a BGD5000U, both of which are marketed at women and are a little smaller than the traditional square, at 40mm. The BGD5000u has more advanced features (radio controlled time, solar charging etc) but is branded as a BABY-G. I have one and I thoroughly recommend it.

If the above aren’t to your taste, I’d recommend a GW5000u. It’s a modern G with more advanced features, and a relatively simple design, or a GWB5600 which has similar features + Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I can highly recommend the GW-5000-U but it's a little heavier that other squares due to the steel case back.

If you wanted something ever so slightly smaller and a lot lighter, I would recommend the carbon-fibre strapped GW-S5600U-1JF. This has a very light titanium case back, the upgraded U model with UK date and white backlight. I have the older non-U version but it still has the clearest LCD display I've seen on any G. It's a great watch. The only downside is that the Carbon Fibre strap is not the most flexible, and it's quite long. The default strap with a GW-5000 is the most flexible and comfortable one they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    G-Shocks wear different, forget about regular watch sizes. I have the same wrist size and you should be fine with the regular square, eg GW-B5600 series (giving this example, as you mentioned Bluetooth).
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    With no hint of irony, the best £100 you can spend on a watch

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2926...g-shock:8:14:1

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Thank you for all your suggestions, I'm going to look at the characteristics of each model.

See what I mean by all the different numbering and lettering.
    No wonder its so confusing to someone who has never followed them1
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 4th June 2023 at 17:24.

Journeyman
    My favourite G for a long while.