closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 308 of 362 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,400 of 18100

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Yup the BMW is a failed project when it comes to short circuit racing, yes it has the odd flash in the pan podium, but as a consistent top runner it’s failed time after time despite the resources of BMW.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew I think you are right, he jumped from Yamaha for all the wrong reasons. Talented riders have been defeated already by that woefull BMW.

It reminds when Ducati were struggling with their chassis ( prior to the Dovi era). Rossi moved fro Yamaha in a move hailed as a dream partnership Italian champ on an Italian machine. He couldn’t tame theDuke and lasted what 2 yrs?
    Lots of Ducatis step change development was done by Lorenzo and by Audi throwing lots of money into it after buying them post Rossi.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yup the BMW is a failed project when it comes to short circuit racing, yes it has the odd flash in the pan podium, but as a consistent top runner it’s failed time after time despite the resources of BMW.
    BMW have never been a full factory team, preferring to work in partnership with others such as Kalex and Suter for chassis development and Shaun Muir Racing who are currently running the WSBK 'factory' team, so it's always been a bit David and Goliath when you compare them to what Kawasaki and Ducati are doing. Toprak going there and getting the highest wages on the grid suggests they might be taking 2024 more seriously though.

Toprak didn't exactly set the world on fire with his MotoGP test being 0.7s slower than Crutchlow who was 1.5s down on Pedrosa and Lin Jarvis basically saying he wasn't fast enough for the top class, so it looked like a MotoGP move was never going to happen with Yamaha.

Anyone else enjoying watching TT live?

Brilliant practice night last night Dean Harrison 134mph lap in practice Yikes….

Michael Dunlop riding like he’s just stole the bike, and old boy John McGuiness 51 years old and still did a 130mph lap..

The TT live coverage is brilliant and just £19.99 for the fortnight.

Oh and taking of bike racing Toprak to BMW for 2024… that’s his career on a downward spiral then..
    It’s a fantastic service for the money.

If I wasn’t working - I used to sit out in the garden listening to the commentary on the TT-Radio app and then watch the highlights in the evening. Enjoyed that despite the limitations.

Now get to see the entire races and also practice.

Should be a great TT this year!

Anyone else enjoying watching TT live?

Brilliant practice night last night Dean Harrison 134mph lap in practice Yikes….

Michael Dunlop riding like he’s just stole the bike, and old boy John McGuiness 51 years old and still did a 130mph lap..

The TT live coverage is brilliant and just £19.99 for the fortnight.

Oh and taking of bike racing Toprak to BMW for 2024… that’s his career on a downward spiral then..👎
    Sounds good, where are you watching it?

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Sounds good, where are you watching it?
    Ignore that, found it just by looking. Fancy that!!

New bike day for me (well second hand but a stunning example with loads of Triumph & Evotech parts fitted and 1st service done with low miles). This all stemmed from reading a review, watching YouTube videos then trying a test ride thinking it surely can't be that good, it bloody is that good tbh.

Triumph Street Triple RS Cosmic Yellow.

Always liked the Street Triples and it was the very first bike I ever owned,, didn’t give it enough time initially and I had my head turned by a Ducati.

Anyway here’s to many happy miles out on the new Street Triple, I’ve never smiled as much on a bike ever (well apart from the ride home from the test Center when I passed).

Looks amazing in the Cosmic Yellow and let’s be honest, you can’t have enough Yellow can you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 2nd June 2023 at 10:40.

My bike is packed up ready for a weekends revelry, debauchery and silliness that can only take place at the annual Rat`n`Survival rally held over the next couple of days in Gloucestershire.
    Horrible home made matt black creations ridden by horrible matt black characters will converge at the Ogri clubhouse Kemble for the ratbike event of the year, see you all there!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    My bike is packed up ready for a weekends revelry, debauchery and silliness that can only take place at the annual Rat`n`Survival rally held over the next couple of days in Gloucestershire.
    Horrible home made matt black creations ridden by horrible matt black characters will converge at the Ogri clubhouse Kemble for the ratbike event of the year, see you all there!
    Enjoy - Just prepping for a Monday morning departure to Europe
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    New bike day for me (well second hand but a stunning example with loads of Triumph & Evotech parts fitted and 1st service done with low miles). This all stemmed from reading a review, watching YouTube videos then trying a test ride thinking it surely can't be that good, it bloody is that good tbh.

Best naked middleweight bar none. Enjoy it, it's a monster of a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Enjoy - Just prepping for a Monday morning departure to Europe
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr
    Safe travels!

I'm off to South of France, my wife is flying down. We've kept the route pretty fluid, but aiming to be down in Dijon by tomorrow afternoon, then head into the alps on Sunday before heading into Nice on Monday.

Can't wait!!

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    Safe travels!

I'm off to South of France, my wife is flying down. We've kept the route pretty fluid, but aiming to be down in Dijon by tomorrow afternoon, then head into the alps on Sunday before heading into Nice on Monday.

Can't wait!!

You too- taking ‘the’ tunnel

Anyway here’s to many happy miles out on the new Street Triple, I’ve never smiled as much on a bike ever (well apart from the ride home from the test Center when I passed).

Looks amazing in the Cosmic Yellow and let’s be honest, you can’t have enough Yellow can you.

Fantastic - Congrats
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

What a cracking pair :fnarr:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    Safe travels!

Can't wait!!

Dijon is a lovely place to visit.

Last time I did the mustard tasting which is hilariously pointless after three of four I couldn't taste anything.

Have a good trip.

Master

Looks fantastic! Enjoy.

Master
    Out in the Peak this morning as I continue to get reacquainted with the GS. Problem is I've got another week until the 600 service and I've done 500 already...

So glad I moved back from the Tiger 1200.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, new bike day is now scheduled for next Friday. Ironically, the dealership is directly opposite Watford General and I'm going straight from a consultation there to the bike collection. (I'll probably need cheering up!)
    That would be today then? Eagerly awaiting pics......

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Dijon is a lovely place to visit.

Last time I did the mustard tasting which is hilariously pointless after three of four I couldn't taste anything.

Have a good trip.
    Thank you! I'll make sure I try a few of the local products!

Just back from a cheeky 90 min ride out on some twisty bits, what a lovely handling bike the new Street Triple RS is, switched it into sports mode and everything just sharpens up and its still a very confortbale ride.

Nothing but smiles all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Out in the Peak this morning as I continue to get reacquainted with the GS. Problem is I've got another week until the 600 service and I've done 500 already...

So glad I moved back from the Tiger 1200.
    They do recommend going over rather than under..............

Brilliant.

Agreed they are incredible bikes. Hope you got a good deal as I've seen one dealer advertising their yellow demo bike above list.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Brilliant.

Agreed they are incredible bikes. Hope you got a good deal as I've seen one dealer advertising their yellow demo bike above list.
    Mate, I got an unreal deal, 1st service done, low miles, new condition & loads of Triumph extras and Evotech parts which added up are well over £1k, let’s just say I felt like Dick Turpin as I rode it home.

Yeah I know which one you are on about, they’ve been told by Triumph to sell it as they can’t get any Yellow bikes until next year apparently.
    Last edited by Martylaa; 2nd June 2023 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    That would be today then? Eagerly awaiting pics......
    Indeed, Mark. Just ridden it home and it's the perfect bike. I'm adding a few farkles that were waiting here in the morning, and will then post some incoming shots

M1000R running in service tomorrow, then I can unleash all 14,500 RPM and 210 bhp.

I anticipate scaring myself a bit tomorrow afternoon, but in a good way.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Just back from a cheeky 90 min ride out on some twisty bits, what a lovely handling bike the new Street Triple RS is, switched it into sports mode and everything just sharpens up and its still a very confortbale ride.

Nothing but smiles all the way...
    My bro recommends Rider mode, with track map.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Well that’s a spanner in the works, I had planned to meet up with a pal for a ride in the morning. Just took her out for a little run in preparation and managed to pick this up along the way.

Anyone have an opinion whether it could be a repair or will it have to be a new tyre? I’m gutted, they’ve only been on the bike for a few hundred miles.

Looks like I'm going riding again tomorrow :-)

Expect I'll be on the YBR again :-(

Hoping to have the BMW back on the road by next weekend.

Well that’s a spanner in the works, I had planned to meet up with a pal for a ride in the morning. Just took her out for a little run in preparation and managed to pick this up along the way.

Anyone have an opinion whether it could be a repair or will it have to be a new tyre? I’m gutted, they’ve only been on the bike for a few hundred miles.

Even though it looks to be in the repairable area, I don’t think I’d trust a repair with a hole of that size. I’m no expert though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Even though it looks to be in the repairable area, I don’t think I’d trust a repair with a hole of that size. I’m no expert though.
    That’s what I was thinking unfortunately

Master
    That’s what I was thinking unfortunately
    Same here - I had a similar mishap on my XJR - was a bit of pipe - I just got a new tyre

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Same here - I had a similar mishap on my XJR - was a bit of pipe - I just got a new tyre
    Gutted as the timing is pants! But I’ve been lucky, this is my first ever puncture from road debris.

Master
    Gutted as the timing is pants! But I’ve been lucky, this is my first ever puncture from road debris.
    Mine was riding after a massive down pour- wash all the. Carp into the road - I felt I was lucking to stay upright as the tyre deflated rapidly

Master

Indeed, Mark. Just ridden it home and it's the perfect bike. I'm adding a few farkles that were waiting here in the morning, and will then post some incoming shots
    Happy new bike T

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Happy new bike T
    Thanks, Steve. I feel like I’ve gone full circle as it’s really the equivalent of my original Street Twin on steroids.

Master

looks like a diesel engine glow plug to me ,the part you cant see must be a couple of inches long.i would go for a new tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    looks like a diesel engine glow plug to me ,the part you cant see must be a couple of inches long.i would go for a new tyre.
    Yeah, new tyre already ordered as this will surely be toast and as already mentioned, completely untrustworthy even if someone was willing to attempt a repair. I haven’t pulled it out of the tyre yet but I’m sure it’s a pretty nasty wound!

Yeah, new tyre already ordered as this will surely be toast and as already mentioned, completely untrustworthy even if someone was willing to attempt a repair. I haven’t pulled it out of the tyre yet but I’m sure it’s a pretty nasty wound!
    What an absolute bummer!

What an absolute bummer!
    Big time, I was supposed to be out on it tomorrow for a ride with a mate, he’s just restored his old XBR500 and wants to give it a good run out. I will take the CB750 if I can get the rear shocks changed today but I was really looking forward to a blast on the T120. Not to mention the pain of the thick end of another £200 after just one month on the bike.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

More bike related stuff

Always liked the Street Triples and it was the very first bike I ever owned,, didn’t give it enough time initially and I had my head turned by a Ducati.

Yep they are an absolutely superb bike. I also have had two, and with a Ducati in between them. I have a Ducati again now, but I’d have no hesitation in getting another RS should I have to.

Comfy, economical, reliable, look really nice, handle and brake as good as any sport bike on the road, bloody quick when you want them to be, and damn cheap to insure. Enjoy it, I know you will though.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A friend of mine has the urge to swap his Tiger 900 GT for a Bonneville T120. He rides about 9000 miles a year typically including a European tour and several shorter trips to Scotland etc. The rest is leisure riding as he is a mid-sixties retired bloke. He rides all year round.

I realise you can tour on these types of bikes but personally, I think he would regret the swap.

What do you guys reckon?

Craftsman
    He sounds like a 'proper biker', not a fair weather weekend one like me! I think he'll regret it. In my 50's I travelled across to the Alps on an early Buell and whilst fun in the tighter roads it was hell on any dual carriageway. As I've got older I do lust after bikes like a modern retro as a second machine but if covering many miles a big faired mile muncher is better for my ageing bones! I also do an annual European tour and we all have faired bikes and we all arrive a our destination fairly fresh and still can walk!

Like many, I waste many hours away watching rubbish on you tube but this week found this chap. I appreciate he presents a 'certain image' but the bike does well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E9oMgGblNU

I know a guy who bought a new TTR250 and rode it to South Africa. His daughter accompanied him on a Yamaha Serrow. She didn’t make it all the way as she was offered a job in Sudan shortly after riding through the Sahara desert so she turned around and rode there instead.

The bike had covered 75,000 mikes by the time he got back to the UK.

A friend of mine has the urge to swap his Tiger 900 GT for a Bonneville T120. He rides about 9000 miles a year typically including a European tour and several shorter trips to Scotland etc. The rest is leisure riding as he is a mid-sixties retired bloke. He rides all year round.

I realise you can tour on these types of bikes but personally, I think he would regret the swap.

What do you guys reckon?
    YouTuber Freddie Dobbs tours all over the world on his and loves it. Not as suited as the Tiger, I’m sure, but definitely doable.

Master
    YouTuber Freddie Dobbs tours all over the world on his and loves it. Not as suited as the Tiger, I’m sure, but definitely doable.
    I agree, although Freddie Dobbs is a fair bit younger than my mate. Additionally, my mate moans about aches and pains after about an hour on his Tiger. :)

I agree, although Freddie Dobbs is a fair bit younger than my mate. Additionally, my mate moans about aches and pains after about an hour on his Tiger. :)
    Both valid points

He also has a seat that provides a hell of a lot more padding on his.

PS there’s also Matt at the Classic Rides channel. He certainly does trips like Scotland without any trouble at all, often carrying camping gear as well as clothes, etc.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd June 2023 at 16:11.

Bad luck Tony.

Running in service done on the M today. Only used 12.5k revs so far, but my word does it go. You just get thrown down the road. I’m going to have to recalibrate my brain and work my way up to using all the revs.

I also had a play with the more advanced settings and have got it just about perfect for the road by using Race Pro 1 and softening the suspension front and back a bit via the TFT screen.

What a bike! I thought my S1000RR accelerated rapidly, but this is next level.

I’ve got a track day booked for mid July, but can’t wait that long. Will book another before that.
    Last edited by andy tims; 3rd June 2023 at 21:23.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm just back from a week in Germany - as expected, the bike was flawless:

Master
    Hallelujah!

That's been hard work!

On the plus side I have managed to bypass the ancient immobiliser, which wasn't at fault in the end but probably didn't have much time left.

Bit like Sherlock Holmes, I ended up with the only possibility left being the starter button itself.

I tested for continuity on both that and the run switch and none (they share the -ve), wasn't sure I was quite doing it right as I find the wiring diagram cryptic, but tested the remaining wires that were the brake light switch that I knew worked and that was ok.

So I split the switch assembly, blasted it with contact cleaner, reassembled...and continuity! Switched it on, it cranked...second proper go and she burst into life!

Feeling quite pleased with myself, electrics really aren't my thing!

On the subject of the immobilser, what a waste of time, anyway who had a vague idea of how it was wired (e.g. ooh let's see, an alarm fitter!) would be able to disable it in minutes...

^^^ Hallelujah indeed! Well done on finding the problem.

Bike electrics can be a great world of pain when compared to cars IME, they're far more exposed to the elements for a start and then there's the harsher vibrations generated on bikes resulting in fracturing issues. Add in an intermittent fault and it can take many frrustrating hours of searching to finally identify what the problem is.

A case in point:

This turned out to be one of the white wires having slowly lost continuity in the multiwire crimp, despite looking ok to the eye.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.