closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Leasing

Journeyman

Car Leasing

Apologies if this is a bit basic but my wife has a personal lease on her VW which is up in the new year.

She's happy to take out another lease but wants to bring the cost down a bit, most of the cars she likes are on factory order.

How do you make the 2 dates coincide or is it a case of best guess and accepting an overlap or alternatively a period with no car?

TIA

Sent from my SM-A526B using TZ-UK mobile app

Usually your lease company will allow you to extend the date you hand the car back by up to 3 months, sometimes even longer.

If you order a new car from the same lease company, they’ll sort all this for you.

If you order a new car from another company, just tell them when your current lease ends and they’ll get the new car to tally up.

Journeyman
    Thanks much appreciated

Sent from my SM-A526B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Have you or your wife looked to see if your employer has a green car salary sacrifice scheme in place?

Usually available as part of a flexible / voluntary benefits package. You basically save tax and NI against the monthly deduction. If you or your wife are higher rate tax payers it can definitely work in your favour

Could make a significant saving

Paul

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk