timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Master
    Thatll be the first swerving of the financial fair play rules by Newcastle
    25M a year shirt sponsor.
    By pure coincidence a Saudi company.

Before you go throwing mud, have you checked other clubs to see what their shirt sponsorship deals are worth? And obviously there’s a good chance we’ll be doing business with Saudi companies.

I’ve checked for you and Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool’s are all significantly higher than ours. City and Liverpool’s are more than double ours.

So it’s a non-story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That’ll be the first swerving of the financial fair play rules by Newcastle
    25M a year shirt sponsor.
    By pure coincidence a Saudi company.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 10th June 2023 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Before you go throwing mud, have you checked other clubs to see what their shirt sponsorship deals are worth? And obviously theres a good chance well be doing business with Saudi companies.

Ive checked for you and Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpools are all significantly higher than ours. City and Liverpools are more than double ours.

So its a non-story.
    Its not worth replying to .
    Youll never change the narrative .
    Every other team is organic, never spent any money , everything is above board .blah blah blah .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Its not worth replying to .
    Youll never change the narrative .
    Every other team is organic, never spent any money , everything is above board .blah blah blah .
    Oooooo city / Newcastle half scarfs are going to fly out the door ;)

Let's be clear: Budget wise NFC is/will be in the same league as City and PSG. I personally do not believe states should own football teams (or anything associated with professional sport. But then I am not sure an oligarch is that much better, or an oil company, or...
    Sportwashing has won golf over, they are well on their way with football and it will not stop here. TtC likes the fact his team is in the limelight again. I can understand that, NFC had excellent fans badly let down year after year by the former owner; A knight in shining armour chased him out and is pouring money into the club, they can put their chin forward and pretend they're back in the elite as they'll undoubtedly will be title contenders very soon.
    Whether they'll have sold their soul or not is irrelevant. What isn't, though, is this constant gaslighting trying to deny that financial rules are broken, and that they can do it since others are. It's fine to be OK with sport washing I suppose, but at least accept it is the case.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Does sportswashing even work? I can't think of anything that's made the Saudis' human rights abuses more prominent in the public consciousness than LIV and Newcastle United.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Does sportswashing even work? I can't think of anything that's made the Saudis' human rights abuses more prominent in the public consciousness than LIV and Newcastle United.
    You are correct, at the moment it doesn't work. But they are playing the long game.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Oooooo city / Newcastle half scarfs are going to fly out the door ;)
    That ship has sailed pal .
    Im giving up on City now . Im looking for a mid table club with potential. Whats the season ticket situation at Anfield like ? 😁

Master
    Blog Entries
    Im giving up on City now . Im looking for a mid table club with potential. Whats the season ticket situation at Anfield like ? 😁
    Haha , no need to go that far. Old Trafford is just down the road

Master
    Still a 25 year wait, my son will probably have kids his own age now before he gets one.

Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Still a 25 year wait, my son will probably have kids his own age now before he gets one.

Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Something wrong there then . Thats ridiculous. We are definitely going the same way . Pricing fans out and tourists everywhere.
    The final last night was appalling .
    I can see Stockport calling 😳

I love all this, so far Everton have got shut of Conor Cody which is an absolute disgrace and the fat ginger one wants to buy more Burnley rejects who helped him achieve relegation.

He already has several in his current squad and they are equally shit, but for some reason needs more.

Deckchairs on the Titanic springs to mind.

Master
    Before you go throwing mud, have you checked other clubs to see what their shirt sponsorship deals are worth? And obviously theres a good chance well be doing business with Saudi companies.

Ive checked for you and Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpools are all significantly higher than ours. City and Liverpools are more than double ours.

So its a non-story.
    7m a year to 25m

The first figure would be a legitimate figure for a shirt sponsor of a team such as Newcasle.
    The new amount is financial doping.

Utter bollocks. How do you get to set whats acceptable for a club like Newcastle?

Its going to get quite tiring being this salty.

7m a year to 25m

The first figure would be a legitimate figure for a shirt sponsor of a team such as Newcasle.

Master
    Utter bollocks. How do you get to set whats acceptable for a club like Newcastle?

Its going to get quite tiring being this salty.
    I suppose the only way to tell would be what was the amount any company with non Saudi ties were willing to bid
    Then you have your answer.
    Dont get me wrong the CL exposure raises the bar but it still stinks

Journeyman
    7m a year to 25m

Sponsorship for a club in the bottom half of the table vs one now in the champions league?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by b-rad View Post
    Sponsorship for a club in the bottom half of the table vs one now in the champions league?
    I've acknowledged that in previous post.

Craftsman

So its a non-story.
    New sponsor is owned by the public investment fund which also owns Newcastle.
    We all know what will be going on, whether the FFP rules should be in place is another debate, fact is they are, so you would think they would try and cover their tracks better than this.

Im sure their lawyers are more savvy than you or me so lets assume its all above FFP board eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    New sponsor is owned by the public investment fund which also owns Newcastle.
    We all know what will be going on, whether the FFP rules should be in place is another debate, fact is they are, so you would think they would try and cover their tracks better than this.