closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tudor Releases - Watches & Wonders 2023

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Has anyone gone down for the white GMT yet?

I was meant to try one on today but when I turned up they hadn’t had the delivery yet.

Think it would look great on rubber.
    My AD has one for me but can’t make it down to the shop until next week! So hopefully start seeing real pics soon as other should get theirs now

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I watched a video on the BB54 today. Much nicer case shape than most Blackbay’s. Thinner, less slabs sided.
    The bezel colours are a big improvement IMO. I was not that fussed at first but this now looks to be the most interesting to me.
    I tried one on earlier in the week. I must admit I was very taken with it. Not enough to replace my BB58 but if I was looking to buy afresh right now, I’d struggle to decide between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Has anyone gone down for the white GMT yet?

I was meant to try one on today but when I turned up they hadn’t had the delivery yet.

Think it would look great on rubber.
    Tried one on in the local boutique today. A very nice thing it is as well. Always liked the GMT, this one even more. The dial appeared more silver than white to me (they stressed that it was opaline, not white), especially under the harsh lights. I've put my name down for one (told 4-5 others in front, and that they expect them to be coming through "soon") Will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Tried one on in the local boutique today. A very nice thing it is as well. Always liked the GMT, this one even more. The dial appeared more silver than white to me (they stressed that it was opaline, not white), especially under the harsh lights. I've put my name down for one (told 4-5 others in front, and that they expect them to be coming through "soon") Will see how it goes.

Have they managed to slim it down at all? The black dial version is too much of a brick.

Master

Yeah that is really nice . Like the previous question ,have Tudor managed to get the case thickness down a bit maybe inline with the 58 or ETA versions?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Have they managed to slim it down at all? The black dial version is too much of a brick.
    From what I’ve read it is the same case. It wasn’t the thickness for me, it was that sharp bottom edge that meant I didn’t end up keeping mine. I’ve owned thicker but more comfortable watches.

Good pics, really interesting. Hopefully they've slimmed it down a bit but I don't recall reading of a reduction in thickness.

Isn't for me on the bracelet but looks good on the nato. Think it would great on rubber.

Master
    Good pics, really interesting. Hopefully they've slimmed it down a bit but I don't recall reading of a reduction in thickness.

Isn't for me on the bracelet but looks good on the nato. Think it would great on rubber.
    Same case as the older GMT. It’s the 41 Burgundy with the new movement they have slimmed to 13.6mm.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 1st April 2023 at 21:19.

That handset doesn’t work for me at all with the white dial.

Needs to be a matt white dial with black hands and black surrounds on the indices imho. Probably makes it too close to the polar expII, but without them the dial lacks legibility. Not sure what an opaline dial is - looks very silvery in the first picture

Do they sell any Chronometers that are unofficially certified?

Master
    The 54 is quite a lovely thing

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    The 54 is quite a lovely thing

Really like these, what size is your wrist?

I’m a bit non-plussed by the 54. It looks so close visually to the 58 for the life of me I can’t really see the point. I have large wrists and have happily done the 44mm Panerai, 5 digit Seadweller and Casio frogman thing but I’m really happy with my 58 as a daily wearer, in fact I’ve barely worn anything else in the last year since I bought it. It’s only small if a 5 digit Sub was small and you never hear anyone say that! But I wouldn’t want a smaller version of the 58. My wife fancies the blue dialled 58 - she’s in the tiny ladies watches look stupid camp - and even on her slim wrist I think the 58 will be fine, although we’ll probably look at the 54 purely because it now exists. Just find it a really odd release, did anyone ever try on a 58 and say I wish it was a bit smaller?

Master
    I have ballerina wrists - will measure shortly.

Master
    6.5 in wrist and the new adjustable bracelet is great.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    6.5 in wrist and the new adjustable bracelet is great.
    Thanks for this. I don’t have giant wrists either and am looking forward to seeing the 54 in the flesh

That makes sense - 9 inch wrists here which I appreciate makes me a bit of a freak! Last time I went to a GTG I couldn’t get any of the other braceleted watches over my hand to try them on, which was a bit telling. The 54 looks great on the OP

I tried the BB54 on yesterday in an AD and compared it side by side with the 58 (sorry no pictures, but there's a few comparison vids on YT if anyone hasn't seen them)

Side by side with the 58 the size difference looks bigger than the spec sheet suggests...

The 54 crystal looks like it might be slightly higher than the 58.

IRL the 54 crown is tiny... Like hard to operate, fiddly tiny...

Years ago I took this photo

Generations by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

And if you want to rely on my memory (personally i wouldn't...) and I've never had a vintage watch in my life... but the 54 really looks* and feels like (how I remember) the 6536 from the photo above...

I'm probably not the person to comment... but the 54 felt very different to me than the 58, the bezel was easier to turn, it IMO looks so much better without the gold on the insert too..

I've always liked the BB, but I've always found a reason not to buy one... the first iteration was (and still is) too slab sided, the 58 gilt is trying a little too hard IMO, the 58 blue is nice if perhaps a little sterile... and I suspect the 54 really would benefit from a larger crown.

Frankly... I own a MKii Kingston and although the Tudor fit/finish and movement is in another league, Tudor haven't yet managed IMO to do a better job of a 're-imagined' vintage diver than MKii yet... (OMMV)

They're slowly getting there I think..

(My first WT post in a very long this...)

*Barring real gilt, real old radium and non applied indices of course
    Last edited by adzman808; 18th April 2023 at 18:41.

Anyone managed to view the new BB36s? I fancy looking at the 'light champagne' one but no ADs near me have any. Only the blue 39/41

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    I tried the BB54 on yesterday in an AD and compared it side by side with the 58 (sorry no pictures, but there's a few comparison vids on YT if anyone hasn't seen them)

Side by side with the 58 the size difference looks bigger than the spec sheet suggests...

The 54 crystal looks like it might be slightly higher than the 58.

IRL the 54 crown is tiny... Like hard to operate, fiddly tiny...

Years ago I took this photo

Generations by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

And if you want to rely on my memory (personally i wouldn't...) and I've never had a vintage watch in my life... but the 54 really looks* and feels like (how I remember) the 6536 from the photo above...

I'm probably not the person to comment... but the 54 felt very different to me than the 58, the bezel was easier to turn, it IMO looks so much better without the gold on the insert too..

I've always liked the BB, but I've always found a reason not to buy one... the first iteration was (and still is) too slab sided, the 58 gilt is trying a little too hard IMO, the 58 blue is nice if perhaps a little sterile... and I suspect the 54 really would benefit from a larger crown.

Frankly... I own a MKii Kingston and although the Tudor fit/finish and movement is in another league, Tudor haven't yet managed IMO to do a better job of a 're-imagined' vintage diver than MKii yet... (OMMV)

They're slowly getting there I think..

(My first WT post in a very long this...)

*Barring real gilt, real old radium and non applied indices of course
    The gilt work soils the BB58 to my eye

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Anyone managed to view the new BB36s? I fancy looking at the 'light champagne' one but no ADs near me have any. Only the blue 39/41
    I tried to do the same. Managed to try a S+G 36 with champagne dial in Liverpool St and thought it was great exc. the gold. The watches are quite square, as if the lug width is slightly oversized which helped the 36 but made the 39 feel like too much, in my opinion.

It’s quite a lot of money for what it is though. If it was a bit cheaper, I might be tempted but I’d rather a 37mm Longines spirit. Which is also a champagne dial midsize tool watch with an in-house-ish movement, but costs half as much. I didn’t take a picture of the BB, but here’s one of the Longines!

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I tried to do the same. Managed to try a S+G 36 with champagne dial in Liverpool St and thought it was great exc. the gold. The watches are quite square, as if the lug width is slightly oversized which helped the 36 but made the 39 feel like too much, in my opinion.

It’s quite a lot of money for what it is though. If it was a bit cheaper, I might be tempted but I’d rather a 37mm Longines spirit. Which is also a champagne dial midsize tool watch with an in-house-ish movement, but costs half as much. I didn’t take a picture of the BB, but here’s one of the Longines!

Thanks, how was the dial on the S&G, renders seems to show the steel as a very light greenish, however I'd prefer more on the silver spectrum.

39mm definitely to big on a plain 3 hander IMHO.

I do like what Longines are doing & offering for the price, just they usually have long L2L for their size, also not keen on dates or the stars on some

Thanks, how was the dial on the S&G, renders seems to show the steel as a very light greenish, however I'd prefer more on the silver spectrum.

39mm definitely to big on a plain 3 hander IMHO.

I do like what Longines are doing & offering for the price, just they usually have long L2L for their size, also not keen on dates or the stars on some
    Definitely a silver dial, I didn’t notice any hint of green.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That handset doesn’t work for me at all with the white dial.
    Absolutely agree, same with the Tudor white dial chronograph, they should have switched to black hands.

Finally got my hands on the BB 'Light champagne' & I must say I do really the colouring, yes not exactly silver, and more noticeable at an angle.

For me ticks a lot of what I wanted in a watch.

The one below is 41mm which IMHO is too large for this style. Will wait to try on the 36mm (have done in other colours) to make sure that size is correct. But pretty certain will be my next purchase. Vastly improved IMHO than the outgoing model

Journeyman
    Finally got my hands on the BB 'Light champagne' & I must say I do really the colouring, yes not exactly silver, and more noticeable at an angle.

For me ticks a lot of what I wanted in a watch.

The one below is 41mm which IMHO is too large for this style. Will wait to try on the 36mm (have done in other colours) to make sure that size is correct. But pretty certain will be my next purchase. Vastly improved IMHO than the outgoing model

The 36 in blue is stunning.

[QUOTE=Lucky21;6230245]The 36 in blue is stunning.[/QUOTE

All 3 variations are lovely in my opinion, the anthracite to similar to my BB58, blue would be nice but I have a Monaco (for now) the 'light champagne' is the one, I blame my missus for buying her a silver dial Glamour.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    I tried one on earlier in the week. I must admit I was very taken with it. Not enough to replace my BB58 but if I was looking to buy afresh right now, I’d struggle to decide between the two.

I get what your saying.I have the 58 and now the 54 having just bought from Hugh Rice Harrogate.
    Could it be the "new watch" syndrome or is it justified when comparing the 2.
    Yes there are similarities of course,but also enough to have us WIS justify it all day long!.
    But the differences are enough to set them apart visually and how it wears too.We can all read and or see all those slight changes,imo after first trying the watch for size in a York AD I knew I wanted one sooner or later.Buying yesterday wasnt on the cards more I got a great deal tbh.
    My advice for anyone considering either the 54 or 58 would be to go try them both rather than dismiss for all reasons about comparisons of the two,they really are different watches in many ways but with obvious similar dna....they are closely related afterall.

Remember the film Deer Hunter!.

Grand Master
    [QUOTE=NCC66;6186522]

"I tried one on earlier in the week. I must admit I was very taken with it. Not enough to replace my BB58 but if I was looking to buy afresh right now, I’d struggle to decide between the two".

I get what your saying.I have the 58 and now the 54 having just bought from Hugh Rice Harrogate.
    Could it be the "new watch" syndrome or is it justified when comparing the 2.
    Yes there are similarities of course,but also enough to have us WIS justify it all day long!.
    But the differences are enough to set them apart visually and how it wears too.We can all read and or see all those slight changes,imo after first trying the watch for size in a York AD I knew I wanted one sooner or later.Buying yesterday wasnt on the cards more I got a great deal tbh.
    My advice for anyone considering either the 54 or 58 would be to go try them both rather than dismiss for all reasons about comparisons of the two,they really are different watches in many ways but with obvious similar dna....they are closely related afterall.

Remember the film Deer Hunter!.