closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Openreach

Openreach

Does anyone know how to complain to Openreach?

We moved into new place 4 weeks ago and have not had broadband since. There was a BT broadband connection with previous occupiers so I assumed that our BT router wouldn't be an issue.

BT tell me that broadband is connected but it isn't.

Twice BT have arranged for an engineer to come out and twice they have failed to turn up.

Yesterday I happened across an Openreach engineer visiting another apartment and he kindly checked my router and wiring and confirmed it was OK. He did happen to mention that there was an external fault. So, if Openreach are aware of issue why don't they fix it?

I have complained through BT executive team and,so far, received £200 in compensation but no internet.

There seems to be no way to complain to, or about, Openreach. Their email address return mails and they are not signed up to Ofcom.

Any ideas how to reach them?

Openreach

Deleted
    Last edited by Thom4711; 21st June 2023 at 11:55. Reason: Duff info

I'm pretty certain that you will have no contract with Openreach and that they will not provide any services directly to you, so they will not entertain any complaints from you (or the public in general).

Openreach are a B2B organisation, providing infrastructure services to ISPs, so you'll need to direct your complaint to whoever your broadband contract is with.

Might be worth triple checking that the router is definitely connected to the master socket. We had this in a rental - engineer said it was all set up correctly but couldn’t get to work. Out of desperation I tried other sockets in the house… lo and behold I found the actual master socket (above the door in the garage of all places) and it worked fine. Long shot but it’s worth covering all the basics just in case, if you haven’t already.

I'm sorry I cannot offer the OP any practical advice with his problem.

However, since a run in with BT in my IT career back in the late 90s, I made and have stuck to the resolution never, ever, ever to have anything to do with them professionally or personally. I can only imagine the worry, grief and costs I've avoided by sticking to that.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    I'm pretty certain that you will have no contract with Openreach and that they will not provide any services directly to you, so they will not entertain any complaints from you (or the public in general).

Openreach are a B2B organisation, providing infrastructure services to ISPs, so you'll need to direct your complaint to whoever your broadband contract is with.
    I agree.

Your contract is with BT, not Openreach.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

Yep this is the case. Your issue is with your broadband provider. I had an issue which took months resolving but the only way is through the BT exec team (if that’s who your service is with).

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Yep this is the case. Your issue is with your broadband provider. I had an issue which took months resolving but the only way is through the BT exec team (if that’s who your service is with).
    Yup, tried them, they can't even get engineer here when arranged. But thanks anyway.