closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Boxes, really... why!?

Master

Boxes, really... why!?

I've been putting it off all week.... but with a third reason to do it I've just crawled to the back of my deep, and this time of year Hot, wardrobe, fought past several shoe boxes until I finally found the pair I wanted, and then dragged out several suitcases to get to their contents.... watch boxes. Ffs, what a palaver! I needed to do it to get a new pair of shoes out to break in as I've just got a hole appearing in the sole of my current daily shoes but also to put away the massive box for my recently arrived zenith, and to fetch the boxes out for two seikos that must now go to restore some balance and hopefully banish my wife's frown.... which oddly arrived coincidentally with the zenith. Hmm.
    OK shoes and watch boxes out that I wanted, and the zenith and an even bigger omega box I found near the front of the wardrobe (evidently I'd put this job off quite so8me time!) Now neatly out the way in the suitcase, inside the other suitcase and right at the back of the wardrobe. Great, job done, and these feel like keeper's so hopefully I'll not be doing this again for a while. It made me sweat, it also made me think. I can't be the only one that buys a watch and thinks,
    'Ooooo! Nice box! ' then takes the watch out and instantly puts the aforementioned large box into the long term storage facility known as, the suitcases at the very back of the wardrobe. Why? Why!? Why do we keep
    them ? Why do manufacturers give us such nice but let's face it, huge and largely pointless boxes in the first place! Now the two seiko boxes and the rado box I already had out and need, in order to sell those 3 'full sets' actually aren't too big. The rado even has a neat little travel box inside the larger box that forms the pocket where the watch sits... its sort of two in one. Still over boxed tbh, but flipping heck! The zenith is taking the p, and the omega I found half way through the wardrobe.....I can see why I gave up trying to home that properly in long term storage, it's huge! Very nice but.... largely pointless and fingers massive.

So, why do we keep these boxes? And why do we even get such excessive packaging in the first place!? I feel like starting a petition to the Swiss government to reduce and control the amount of packaging.... its just nuts.

Rant over.... breath!

Master
    Totally agree… it’s almost as if certain brands with overly large boxes do it to make the consumer feel like it must be something special they are purchasing. It comes across to me however as a lack of confidence that the product itself isn’t worth the asking.. so let’s just chuck in a paperweight. A loupe? Yeah through that in too…. and make the box bigger.. no BIGGER !

We keep them though, because, well.. we will probably flip it in a year.
    Last edited by gorrie; 22nd June 2023 at 22:01.

Boxes

To take up space in the loft.
    Sorting them out gives me something to do when SWMBO is away on yet another photography trip.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    So, why do we keep these boxes? And why do we even get such excessive packaging in the first place!? I feel like starting a petition to the Swiss government to reduce and control the amount of packaging.... its just nuts.
    I think it's a fairly recent development.

Nowadays with most watch owners being more investment orientated than actual watch wearers they hang on to everything.

Back in the day, Rolex, Omega etc boxes were chucked away (unless the Rolex ones were used as cigarette boxes).

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy24 View Post
    To take up space in the loft.
    Sorting them out gives me something to do when SWMBO is away on yet another photography trip.
    Copy that, that's me too.😁

I really dislike most watch packaging. Increasingly the boxes are nothing more than perceived-value adders that have no worth in use.

All those huge laquered-wood things? Look expensive don't they? I once had a cheap pair of Chinese loudspeakers that cost peanuts to buy - and way less to make - with that exact same over-shiny finish. Pricier than a bit of cardboard, sure, but to what end?

Aside from the waste and clutter, their worst fault is that they make it immediately obvious to thieves in the postal/parcels system that here is something worth stealing - what else comes in a heavy, ~cubic box? It shouts "Steal me!"...

It's usually the more affordable brands that get it right - here's an example from Zeno:

In transit it's light, a discrete, nondescript shape, takes-up little space and can be slipped straight through any letter-box. What's more the case is actually useful for travel and storage. Easier to make a truly eco version too. Want a premium/prestige version? Make it out of shell Cordovan, carbon-fibre, or suchlike.

The watch industry really needs to drag its arse out of the 1950s...

Craftsman
    Agreed, massive boxes with paraphernalia that is of zero use seem like a waste of time, space and money. I'll forgive squeezing in a springbar tool or screwdriver, but that's it.

Another smaller brand that get it right is Nomos - unsurprisingly, given their general design approach - they keep it simple: a slim wooden box that holds a watch, a cloth and papers.

I certainly wouldn't bother spending £60-65 on a replacement if required, they're not anything to write home about, but for illustrative uses: https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/etui...ox?number=5923

There is another aspect to this that makes the whole thing something of a joke. If you have any old inner boxes by ie Breitling, Longines or Omega they seem to be covered in a type of pleather that just disintegrates all by itself. The luxury box can look incredibly tatty within 10 years.

Blog Entries
    Last watch I bought was off Chrono24 and sold without box (well just service box), suites me fine. It did come with service papers that match online records from JLC.

But I do agree some brands have got extreme in their packaging. I was pleasantly surprised with the Omega NTTD just came in a watch roll.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Oh yes I've got one of those pleather omega boxes, and one of the bigger super shiny fake wood ones. My preference would be a simple watch roll or sensibly sized travel case, akin to the service cases or a case for a pair of glasses. That isn't too big and gives ample protection whey m when stuffing watch or watches in a suitcase, a drawer or the safe.

Master
    The oddest one I had was my recently-sold Zelos.

Substantial wooden box, nicely finished, sumptuous. Inside? A faux leather watch roll, and nothing else.

Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Some brands do it a lot better, Zeno for example sell their watches in a watch travel case as to Tourby (In fact Tourby sell theirs in a very nice quality leather one, they used to use large high quality wooden boxed but probably realised its just adding more onto the cost of the watch and shipping)

Longines are pretty guilty of large watch boxes that serve no purpose Tudor also to an extent as you cant really reuse the watch box for anything else unless you physically rip out the watch cushion and surrounding.

The main reason we all have tons of useless watch boxes around is because everyone wants a "Full set" when it comes to selling a watch (Look at Rolex sales where people are looking for hang tags and the little plastic bits that are on the dial when you buy it. Even the cheapest watch if its sold without "Box and papers" It somehow lowers the price so basically the buyer takes a second hand watch to then stuff the watch box in a wardrobe with the rest of his/her useless watch boxes.

Seems a massive waste better put them to some better use.
    Exactly right.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I really dislike most watch packaging. Increasingly the boxes are nothing more than perceived-value adders that have no worth in use.

All those huge laquered-wood things? Look expensive don't they? I once had a cheap pair of Chinese loudspeakers that cost peanuts to buy - and way less to make - with that exact same over-shiny finish. Pricier than a bit of cardboard, sure, but to what end?

Aside from the waste and clutter, their worst fault is that they make it immediately obvious to thieves in the postal/parcels system that here is something worth stealing - what else comes in a heavy, ~cubic box? It shouts "Steal me!"...

It's usually the more affordable brands that get it right - here's an example from Zeno:

In transit it's light, a discrete, nondescript shape, takes-up little space and can be slipped straight through any letter-box. What's more the case is actually useful for travel and storage. Easier to make a truly eco version too. Want a premium/prestige version? Make it out of shell Cordovan, carbon-fibre, or suchlike.

The watch industry really needs to drag its arse out of the 1950s...
    Actually in the past watch boxes were far smaller and more discrete.

A lot of them were simple rectangular boxes that held the watch and nothing more.

Compare and contrast this old Omega box of mine to today's giant size offerings.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Less is more:

For a modern watch surely simple packaging is enough although I do like a vintage full set

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Actually in the past watch boxes were far smaller and more discrete.

A lot of them were simple rectangular boxes that held the watch and nothing more.

Compare and contrast this old Omega box of mine to today's giant size offerings.
    I meant their attitudes in general, not their packaging.

Grand Master
    Can depend on why you want the box too.
    Today ill be receiving the Tudor box I bought of sc,quite a simple reason that needs no justification either....I wanted it.

The Tudor watch was bought watch only & so when I pass it onto my Son it will go into the box.

Grand Master
    I agree with the OP, the size of watch boxes in relation to their actual purpose has become ridiculous.

No doubt the marketing knobheads know better, I`m sure there's some pseudo-psychology behind it, but I prefer the boxes from the 60s that were small and discrete.

I think far too much significance is attached to the packaging and 'full set' thing, for me it's all about the watch and its condition, provided all the bracelet links, pins and screws are present I don't care about the box or the bits of paper. I have a couple of old Omega boxes that I really ought to sell, someone will drool over them, but unless they're guaranteed to be original to the watch I can`t see the point in buying them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I think it's a fairly recent development.

Nowadays with most watch owners being more investment orientated than actual watch wearers they hang on to everything.

Back in the day, Rolex, Omega etc boxes were chucked away (unless the Rolex ones were used as cigarette boxes).

Wow I like that,how times change.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Timefactors do it best with watch cases you can use and dont take up much space.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Timefactors do it best with watch cases you can use and dont take up much space.
    Ues, they are very good. Steeldive cases are very reusable also. Both great for taking a spare watch on holiday or just stacking watches in a safe. Anything else is superfluous.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    They do.....but when you pop into the loft to get a box out for the watch your selling,you then notice one of those boxes has fallen to bits bcos all the glue has failed!.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Ues, they are very good. Steeldive cases are very reusable also. Both great for taking a spare watch on holiday or just stacking watches in a safe. Anything else is superfluous.
    Agree re these little pelicases.Great when taking a couple of watches away.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Agree re these little pelicases.Great when taking a couple of watches away.
    Indeed, small enough to go in hand luggage if required, watch completely safe.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    They do.....but when you pop into the loft to get a box out for the watch your selling,you then notice one of those boxes has fallen to bits bcos all the glue has failed!.
    After last years heat wave I am not surprised the loft would have been maybe even 10c higher temp.
    I cant get into my loft anymore so everything is kept downstairs.

The glue melted and the sole of my Nike trainers came away in a Spanish desert one year,locals where still wearing coats of course.

I have received a few boxes when buying pre-owned, that have been so knackered and the faux leather just flaking away so much, that they had been wrapped in cling film to avoid contaminating everything else they touched.

Not worth it. Cannot add any value to the watch, surely.
    (Yet I have not thrown them away!!)

I think I will today. Just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I have received a few boxes when buying pre-owned, that have been so knackered and the faux leather just flaking away so much, that they had been wrapped in cling film to avoid contaminating everything else they touched.

Not worth it. Cannot add any value to the watch, surely.
    (Yet I have not thrown them away!!)

I think I will today. Just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If we dont buy a watch with a box,we could always make a box!.

I remember as a kid watching Blue Peter with John Knoakes,Peter Purvis & Valerie Singleton making all manor of things out of cornflake boxes and sticky backed tape can't say sellotape oh damn gone and said it now!,well their are other brands.

Im off now to make a watch box out of a weetabix box.

So dont throw them away,get the stick back tape and felt tip pens out and recycle them,maybe even cover them with that coloured paper tissue.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 28th June 2023 at 12:54.

To me this is all-about fitness-for-purpose of watch boxes at the manufacture end of things, something that some micros and small makers get very right, and most of the big names get horribly wrong: with lashings of heavyweight trumpery made from pure Chinesium, which adds greatly to environmental burdens, lasts poorly, and defies reuse and recycling.

I also totally get why individuals like to buy used watches as a complete set. Sure, part of it is the 'watch-as-an-investment' mentality (a blight on our 'nation' if ever there was one!), but it also betokens an owner who actually gives a damn about what s/he owns and bothers to keep track of the paraphernalia. Chances are higher that such a person has legitimate title to the watch, has looked-after it, and is providing an honest description: reassuring stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    but it also betokens an owner who actually gives a damn about what s/he owns and bothers to keep track of the paraphernalia. Chances are higher that such a person has legitimate title to the watch, has looked-after it, and is providing an honest description: reassuring stuff.
    Yes-I agree with this. It gives me (perhaps false) reassurance.

Master
    I have rooms like this one full of spare boxes. It is perhaps unusual even in the trade, but there is a sea of such accessories in circulation. I will expect another van-full to be delivered every six months or so. Every day across the country there are hundreds which are reunited with / supplied alongside watches that are sometimes appropriate, sometimes not.

The Rolex collector market and wider public often read much more into the significance of a box being present than they should.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I have rooms like this one full of spare boxes. It is perhaps unusual even in the trade, but there is a sea of such accessories in circulation. I will expect another van-full to be delivered every six months or so. Every day across the country there are hundreds which are reunited with / supplied alongside watches that are sometimes appropriate, sometimes not.

The Rolex collector market and wider public often read much more into the significance of a box being present than they should.

Would I be wrong or right to assume if you buy a watch only(Rolex)going by the amount of Rolex boxes I see there,that you will marry up the correct box.
    If not are they to sell to us collectors wanting to do do that.

A huge collection I have to say with more on the way!......
    Last edited by P9CLY; 29th June 2023 at 13:55.

Master
    It depends on the watch. Most of the watches that reach me -- perhaps 80% -- already have a box. I wouldn't think twice about replacing a missing box for a Rolex from recent years. Where it is older and relevant, I would still entertain it but not claim that something was original to a watch when it was not.

At this moment I don't sell Rolex boxes, but am considering whether to offer those types of which I really do have far too many.

Frustrated by the mess of unreliable information on the internet, I have begun my own database of watches and their boxes, where it is reasonable for me to think they were supplied together. The data for older watches is more interesting and valuable so I won't publish it here, but for recent decades :

1/2023 326934 39139.02-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139 on sleeve / M on tag !
    2022 124200 39139.04-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139.04 on sleeve / M on tag !
    2022 126710BLNR 39139.71-OYSTER M
    2022 116680 39139.04-OYSTER M / M on tag !
    2022 278274 39139.8064- OYSTER M / M on tag !
    2021 116681 39139.64-OYSTER M / M on tag !
    2021 279174 39139.02-OYSTER M
    2021 126613LB 39139.71-OYSTER M
    2021 116515LN 39141.02-OYSTER L
    2021 126603 39139.71-OYSTER M
    2021 126231 39139.71-OYSTER M
    2021 126300 39139.64-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139.64 on sleeve / M on tag !
    2021 126610LN 39139.02-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139 on sleeve
    2021 126603 39139.02-OYSTER M (but via a dealer / collector)
    2021 126300 39139.64-OYSTER M
    2021 126234 39139.02-OYSTER M
    2020 326934 39139.04-OYSTER M
    2020 116900 39139.64-OYSTER M
    2020 268622 39139.04-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139.04 on sleeve
    2020 126600 39139.64-OYSTER M
    2020 178274 M on tag !
    2020 116610LV 39139.04-OYSTER M
    2020 116610LV 39139.01-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP : 39139.01 on sleeve
    2019 126710BLNR 39139.08-OYSTER M
    2019 116622 39139.64-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139.64 on sleeve
    2019 116610LN 39139.04-OYSTER M
    2019 326934 39139.71-OYSTER M
    2018 116503 39139.64
    OYSTER M / SAP39139.64 on sleeve
    2018 126334 39139.04-OYSTER M
    2018 116234 39139.01 [ MEDIUM ]
    2018 116713LN 39139.04-OYSTER M
    2018 279174 39139.01-OYSTER M / M on tag !
    2018 126660 39141.02-OYSTER L / L on tag !
    OYSTER L / SAP 39141 on sleeve
    2018 279173 39139.04-OYSTER M / M on tag !
    2018 126600 39139.64-OYSTER M
    2018 126333 39139.64
    2018 177200 39137.02 [ SMALL ] / S on tag !
    2018 116710LN 39139.04-OYSTER M / SAP 39139.04 on sleeve
    2018 177200 39137.08-OYSTER S
    Unknown 116610LV OYSTER S / SAP 39137 on sleeve
    2017 116660D-Blue 39141.71 [ LARGE ]
    2017 179160 39137.71 [ SMALL ]
    2017 126334 39139.01
    OYSTER M / SAP : 39139.01 on sleeve
    2017 279383RBR 39139.04 (medium) / M on tag !
    2017 178273 39139.01 (medium) / M on tag !
    “2017” 178313 OYSTER M on tag [ watch offered to us thru’ website ]
    2017 116710BLNR S on tag !
    2017 126600 39137.02
    OYSTER S / SAP 39137 on sleeve
    2017 116233 M on tag !
    2017 116500LN S on tag !
    2017 179174 39139.04 [ MEDIUM ]
    2017 114200 39137.71-OYSTER S
    2016 114200 39139.71-OYSTER M
    OYSTER M / SAP 39139.8064 on sleeve
    [reason to think this box possibly added later...and watch swing-tag says OYSTER S]
    2016 214270 39137.71 (small)
    2016 179173 39139.04 (medium)
    2016 116610LN 39137.08 (small)
    2015 116234 39137.01 (small) but was from Watchfinder. Swapped?
    2015 114060 39137.02 (small)
    Dec’ 2014 177200 39137.01 (small) . . . but had been sold pre-owned.
    Dec’ 2014 115234 39139.04 (medium)
    Dec’ 2014 ? Rolex London supplied! HM
    Nov’ 2014 116600 39137.02 (small)
    Jul’2014 116610LN 39137.08 (small) [ sold in Jamaica ]
    /\ 2014-2022 : creamy box & interior with fold-down holder, coloured logos.
    New style “cream” carton / interior boxes

2015 116200 39137.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2014 116610LN 39137.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2014 116710BLNR 39137.08 (small, E-cushion)
    2014 14060M 39137.01 (small, E-cushion)
    2013 114200 39137.01 (small, E-cushion)
    2013 115234 39139.04 (medium, E-cushion)
    2013 178384 39139.04 (medium, E-cushion)
    2013 14060M 39137.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2012 116610LV 39137.02 (small, E-cushion)
    2012 116334 39139.04 (medium, E-cushion)
    2012 114060 39137.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2011 80298 Tri 39143.64 (extra-large, jewellery box style, E-cushion)
    2011 177200 39137.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2011 118238 39141.02 (large, E-cushion)
    G241xxx 116610LN “SAMOA” : all on acrylic delivery carton.
    2010 (V) 116234 31.00.64 (medium, solid oval cushion)
    2010 (V) 114200 39137.02 (small, E-cushion)
    2009 (D!) 179160 30.00.01 (small, solid oval cushion)
    2008 116660 39141.08 (large, E-cushion)
    2008 116710LN 31.00.04 (medium, E-cushion)
    2008 179173 30.00.71 (small, E-cushion)
    2008 14060M 30.00.02 (small, E-cushion)
    ?2008 116400GV 30.00.02 (small, E-cushion) M5- case / EO9 brac
    2008 178274 31.00.04 (medium, E-cushion)
    2008 116710LN 30.00.02 (small, solid oval cushion)
    2007 116520 30.00.71 (small, solid oval cushion)
    2007 116200 30.00.71 (small, solid oval cushion)
    2007 116231 31.00.04 (medium, solid oval cushion)
    2007 118238 32.00.08 (large, solid oval cushion)
    c. 2006 ??? Mega-bling ? 33.00.64 (HUGE jewellery / presentation box, solid
    oval cushion).
    2006 16710 T 30.00.71 (small, solid oval cushion)
    2006 (D3…) 169623 31.00.04 (medium, solid oval cushion)
    2006 116264 31.00.04 (medium, solid oval cushion)
    /\ 2004-2015 approx : lime green, fixed document-holder section. First seen by me in 2005, HM

2004 (June) 16710 T 64.00.01 vibrant green “speckle” inner box with gold
    ( F3… ) edge and coronet to front middle of top, folded beige
    interior & c-clip. Green stone outer. DEEP style for
    sports models.
    2004? (F0…) 79173 14.00.71 lady’s all red / purple pearl outer
    2003 (Dec) 114270 68.00.55 vibrant green “speckle” inner box with gold
    coronet to BR of top, folded beige interior & c-clip. Green stone outer.
    2003 (Dec) 15200 68.00.55 vibrant green “speckle” inner box with gold
    coronet to BR of top, folded beige interior & c-clip. Green stone outer.
    2003 116523 Big green jubilee design outer, inner dark wood box
    with gold rim / Rolex plate inside lid, green watch stand and black velvet bottom, 69.00.71. Brown wallet 0101.70.05
    2003 179178 [no outer], large red “Jubilee” inner with red / gold
    Rolex plate inside lid, red velour interior, red watch stand, 60.00.02 and red doc. wallet 0101.60.34
    2003 179178 Big purple pearl outer, red inner with red / gold Rolex
    plate inside lid, red velour interior, red watch stand, 60.00.02 and red wallet 0101.60.05
    2002 116523 HM believes : 69.00.09 lacquered wood with gold
    edging, plaque inside lid and green suede base / C-clip. Green Jubilee outer, with smaller and darker pattern than some later versions.
    2002 79173 14.00.01 red with red interior, no gold trim except
    coronet on lid. Purple pearl outer.
    2002 179136 51.00.02 large blue Jubilee design with pale blue
    jewellery box interior and Rolex key to open.
    2001 118205 HM believes : 70.00.08 large green with gold edge to
    lid top and ridged, curved base to the interior with C-shaped holder and green Jubilee design outers.
    2001 16570 68.00.01 with cushion & wrap inner, all green box with
    green embossed coronet bottom right on lid. Pale wood interior with green coronet & Rolex bottom right. Moss outer carton.
    2001 ? (P82..) 14010M 68.00.02 with cushion & wrap inner, all green box with
    green embossed coronet bottom right on lid. Pale wood interior with green coronet & Rolex bottom right. Moss outer carton.
    c.2001 (P78..) 15210 68.00.01 with cushion & wrap inner, all green box with
    2001 16713 68.00.01 with cushion & wrap inner.
    c.2000 79173 14.00.08 red with all red interior, gold line edge and
    coronet on lid, coronet and Rolex inside red-lined lid. Purple pearl outer.
    1999 16220 68.00.08 classic 90s, green stone outer, wrap inner.
    1998 69173 14.00.02 red inner, purple / pearls outer
    1998 69623 14.00.02 small red, gold line edge to lid, red interior,
    purple pearl outer.
    1998 69173 14.00.02 red with red interior, gold coronet and edge on
    lid. Purple pearl outer.
    1997 16570 68.00.71 classic 90s, green stone outer, wrap inner.
    1997 14203 68.00.55 with cushion & wrap inner.
    1996 18238 71.00.06 brown “luggage” inner box.
    1995 16613 68.00.55 with cushion & wrap inner, all green box with
    green embossed coronet bottom right on lid. Pale wood interior with green coronet & ROLEX bottom right. Moss outer carton.
    1996 69173 14.00.02 small red, gold line edge to lid, red interior,
    purple pearl outer.
    c.1996 (S86..) 69628 [ HM thinks ] 60.00.02, medium-size red Jubilee box
    with red velvety interior, red and gold plaque inside lid, red C-clip, red ROLEX GENEVE leather disc in middle of box top, with purple pearl outer boxes.
    c.1993 68238 53.00.01 medium size maroon box with stitched edge to
    top and Rolex coronet imprinted. Two tone C-clip base and document slot with Rolex coronet inside lid. Green map card outer.
    1990 ? 69173 14.00.02 small red, beige / cream interior, brown and
    white quartz carton

Grand Master
    An asset to this & all watch forums Haywood.

If you have the booklets & tags etc to go with the Tudor box I bought of the forum then please let me know.
    It will be passed onto my Son when I will not be wearing watches again!!....And so be nice to make it as complete as possible.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 29th June 2023 at 14:38.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The only one that I appreciate is the Dornbluth one.

The problem is watch forums and flipping. Back in the day an old guy bought a Rolex for life and used the box to keep his cigs in. These days we need to keep everything safe and in good condition for when we sell it.

I’ve had some lovely boxes that would have had decent uses, but fell foul of the above.