closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Rice is one of the best technically, he keeps it in the locker at West Ham as he has to be the more measured, organising, dependable player in that team. A 6, a holder.

If he went to City, I think he would be playing more like Bernardo Silva, Gundo, KDB, rather and Rodri or Phillips, so more an 8, a box to box midfielder.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Sorry, he’s not in the same league as Rodri, Bernardo or Gundo. Why would you keep it in the locker when you’ve been fighting relegation for most of the season? Surely if he has that creativity you’d help your team score more goals?

He’s a talent but he’s unproven at the highest level and he’s not worth the price tag, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Seems like Rice has made it clear he favours a move to Arsenal over City and West Ham are urging Arsenal to make a 3rd bid to finalise quickly
    I reckon he knows he wouldn’t be a regular starter at City and that’s why Arsenal would be a better fit for him.

Seems like Rice has made it clear he favours a move to Arsenal over City and West Ham are urging Arsenal to make a 3rd bid to finalise quickly
    I can see Sullivan salivating as he pushes City’s interest to Arsenal .
    Up your price because City want him . 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I can see Sullivan salivating as he pushes City’s interest to Arsenal .
    Up your price because City want him . 😂😂
    I do feel Sullivan has engineered a lot of this and that City interest was lukewarm

Master
    Grealish went for £100m and he's not an England starter so I guess price has been established there. Sure, he plays in a different position but Rice is probably more elite level than Grealish and with more potential.

Still think both are £60m players. I think of £100m as Mbappe level but I guess times have moved on.
    Grealish had a much better season than Rice IMO, really kicked on under Pep

Timber to Arsenal would be a great signing

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Sorry, he’s not in the same league as Rodri, Bernardo or Gundo. Why would you keep it in the locker when you’ve been fighting relegation for most of the season? Surely if he has that creativity you’d help your team score more goals?

He’s a talent but he’s unproven at the highest level and he’s not worth the price tag, IMHO.

I reckon he knows he wouldn’t be a regular starter at City and that’s why Arsenal would be a better fit for him.
    Typically West Ham don't have the possession City have, so he's always having to win the ball back

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    I agree, decent player but worth half that at best
    English player, national team player, premier league player.

There is almost a 50% mark up based on the three above especially with the home grown rules its been that way for years.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    English player, national team player, premier league player.

There is almost a 50% mark up based on the three above especially with the home grown rules its been that way for years.
    I’m clearly on a brain blank here. Can you remind me what the home grown rules are?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I’m clearly on a brain blank here. Can you remind me what the home grown rules are?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegr...Rule_(England)

So Declan , here’s the choice .
    You can go to be a mainstay for probably the best football team on the planet right now , working under one of the worlds best and most innovative coaches , helping them to consolidate their position as treble winners . You will be playing in the European Super Cup and the World Club Championship as well as the Community Shield within a few weeks . You’ll be learning your trade alongside Rodri , the best DM in the world , and you’ll be used in different positions by a manager who will tweak your skills and give you a whole new side to your game .
    Or , you can go to Camden Market every Sunday with your kids .

Master
    40M player
    The money getting talked about is nuts.

You can go to be a mainstay for probably the best football team on the planet right now , working under one of the worlds best and most innovative coaches , helping them to consolidate their position as treble winners . You will be playing in the European Super Cup and the World Club Championship as well as the Community Shield within a few weeks . You’ll be learning your trade alongside Rodri , the best DM in the world , and you’ll be used in different positions by a manager who will tweak your skills and give you a whole new side to your game .
    Love Camden market

Some news around that Man Utd have dropped their interest in Mount due to Chelsea's valuation and will now join the bidding for Caicedo

Maybe what possibly turns him off about City is the same thing that's making some of their best players look to leave for new clubs? A different challenge basically.

Master
    Maybe what possibly turns him off about City is the same thing that's making some of their best players look to leave for new clubs? A different challenge basically.
    Or maybe he believes in FFP?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Or maybe he believes in Fairies ?
    Fixed

Love Camden market

Ahh , me too .
    Besides the £4.50 coffee and the Wensleydale at the price of a small cottage in Wigan , the foodstuffs and fake Jimmy Choos make me very happy .

I assume Poch wants to keep Mount at the Bridge

Personal terms agreed between City and Gvardiol. Will be a 100m Euro deal.

Also looks like City won't bid for Declan Rice as he wasn't 100% committed to joining them. Arsenal restructuring the payment schedules to land him for around £95m.

That's a lot of money for a midfielder- it's not like Arsenal are signing prime Zidane, although Chelsea did fork out £105m on Enzo Fernández so maybe that's a benchmark.

Still, the £35m Liverpool paid for McAllister looks like the bargain of the window!

I assume Poch wants to keep Mount at the Bridge
    It's actually a big problem for Chelsea as Mount won't sign a new contract and he is available on a free next summer. Chelsea asking for £65m for a player with a year left is quite optimistic and they need the funds to go for Caicedo - they actually can't do very much without selling many players.

Personal terms agreed between City and Gvardiol. Will be a 100m Euro deal.

Also looks like City won't bid for Declan Rice as he wasn't 100% committed to joining them. Arsenal restructuring the payment schedules to land him for around £95m.

That's a lot of money for a midfielder- it's not like Arsenal are signing prime Zidane, although Chelsea did fork out £105m on Enzo Fernández so maybe that's a benchmark.

Still, the £35m Liverpool paid for McAllister looks like the bargain of the window!
    Wait until you see James MacAtee .
    Although McAllister will pull up trees at Liverpool. He’s a cracking player and will compliment Klopps team perfectly.

Not that big a problem else they would have taken the £55mn already

I can’t understand why Rice would go to Arsenal over City.

Master
    2nd last season, young squad, guaranteed starter, won't have to move north, and how long will Pep stay?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I can’t understand why Rice would go to Arsenal over City.
    Coz City don’t want him

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Coz City don’t want him

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's not quite true. They wanted assurances he wanted to join City before making a bid and as it was while he was open to a move to the Etihad he indicated his preference to join Arsenal. What those reasons are remain unknown but several players have indicated they have bought into the project so let's see.

Arsenal also close on Jurrien Timber and Romeo Lavia and also expected to bid for Milinkovic-Savic at Lazio.

Seems like Eddie Nketieh may be moving to West Ham.

That's not quite true. They wanted assurances he wanted to join City before making a bid and as it was while he was open to a move to the Etihad he indicated his preference to join Arsenal. What those reasons are remain unknown but several players have indicated they have bought into the project so let's see.

Arsenal also close on Jurrien Timber and Romeo Lavia and also expected to bid for Milinkovic-Savic at Lazio.

Seems like Eddie Nketieh may be moving to West Ham.
    Out of interest Ryan , was it Pep who consulted you or Txiki , the chief exec ?

No it was because city don't want or need him.

I guess he thinks he would start every week at Arsenal and be a key part of their team as opposed to City where he would play a bit part role because of the surfeit of great players they have there.

Going by my FF team even Foden and Grealish aren't guaranteed a start.

I wouldn't want him to go to Arse but it's not like I have a say in it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I guess he thinks he would start every week at Arsenal and be a key part of their team as opposed to City where he would play a bit part role because of the surfeit of great players they have there.

Going by my FF team even Foden and Grealish aren't guaranteed a start.

I wouldn't want him to go to Arse but it's not like I have a say in it.
    He'd be Arsenal captain within 2 years. His character is superb, West Ham did a great job with him. I think actually that's a major attribute Arteta is after - leadership qualities which Arsenal have lacked and whilst Odegaard has done a decent job, he's not exactly Steven Gerrard or Roy Keane when it comes to inspiring the team

Man City have bid £90m for Declan Rice tonight.

Man City have bid £90m for Declan Rice tonight.
    And their cheque might clear a bit quicker than tight wad Arsenals would….

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    And their cheque might clear a bit quicker than tight wad Arsenals would….
    Arsenal tend to offer to pay on DFS terms - basically over 6 years!

Let's see. I guess it means Arsenal have to offer £100m. For all City's money they don't tend to pay over the odds in bidding wars and for Arsenal the Rice signing is a must win whereas for City it's more of a 'nice to have'.

Interestingly Arsenal are actually pretty loaded. Kroenke is one of America's richest men and his wife is a heiress to the Walmart fortune! She could probably buy Rice with what she digs out from the bottom of her purse.

Master
    Also appears the Arsenal current offer is £75+15 whereas the City offer is £80+10
    If nothing else, Arsenal will have to go in again with another bid.

When City get involved and actually make a bid, they usually get their man, but interestingly Arsenal are still favourites at the Bookies!

Arsenal tend to offer to pay on DFS terms - basically over 6 years!

Let's see. I guess it means Arsenal have to offer £100m. For all City's money they don't tend to pay over the odds in bidding wars and for Arsenal the Rice signing is a must win whereas for City it's more of a 'nice to have'.

Interestingly Arsenal are actually pretty loaded. Kroenke is one of America's richest men and his wife is a heiress to the Walmart fortune! She could probably buy Rice with what she digs out from the bottom of her purse.
    Problem is we are trying to pay West Ham with vouchers and loyalty points...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Problem is we are trying to pay West Ham with vouchers and loyalty points...
    Agree

I can just picture Edu face to face with David Sullivan

'So we give you 10m Avios points now, and a companion voucher will be provided each year for 4 years. But you can only use them to fly to Stuttgart. Then I have a code to get you 10% off Nandos, this is for 12 months. But listen, even better, and only for you my friend, I can get you a staff discount at Greggs as my wife's cousin is working there. Shall we shake hands?'

Out of interest Ryan , was it Pep who consulted you or Txiki , the chief exec ?
    It’s his Dad who is his agent that has encouraged other bids, so don’t believe the whole he wants to go to Arsenal rumours. He wants the best salary and opportunity. City will pay more and will also pay him more than Arsenal if they really want him. My guess is that they want to stop Arsenal getting him and I suspect they will as the bud will also be preferred payment terms over Arsenal.

Premier League 2023-24

Last edited by thegoat; 27th June 2023 at 15:04.

Locked out of a forum they never want to be part of? Damn you GOAT, damn you to hell with such mockery

I think most fans from the moment Arteta opened his mouth, expected that the Rice deal would go tits up, at least we got our second target Havertz, we don't like firsts

I'm just sorry Dec is leaving West Ham.

Good news is that Bowen is ready to sign a new 6 year deal.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Bookies still have Declan Rice odds on to join Arsenal.

Another deal firming up. Folarin Balogun plus cash to Napoli and Victor Osimhen going to the Emirates. Not sure he's an upgrade on what we have but would be great cover for Jesus.

Another deal firming up. Folarin Balogun plus cash to Napoli and Victor Osimhen going to the Emirates. Not sure he's an upgrade on what we have but would be great cover for Jesus.
    Depends if he can adapt to the EPL From his Wiki "Considered one of the best strikers in the world, he is known for his elite finishing, pace, strength and athleticism" so must be true https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65403393 is a bit more positive although has already turned us down when he was 17 apparently.

I'd like a bit more talk about CB/ LB/ RB given that was more of our issue last year, scoring less so.

According to David Ornstein (usually a reliable source) Bayern Munich have submitted a bid of 70m Euros plus add ons for Harry Kane.

I can’t see how Levy can turn down a good bid, although £70m isn’t high enough in my opinion. Surely if it goes to £90m he’ll sell him as he can walk away for free in twelve months and he won’t be going to a PL rival. I think if Levy doesn’t sell him in this window it’s because he already knows he’s signing a new contract.

According to David Ornstein (usually a reliable source) Bayern Munich have submitted a bid of 70m Euros plus add ons for Harry Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I can’t see how Levy can turn down a good bid, although £70m isn’t high enough in my opinion. Surely if it goes to £90m he’ll sell him as he can walk away for free in twelve months and he won’t be going to a PL rival. I think if Levy doesn’t sell him in this window it’s because he already knows he’s signing a new contract.
    With 1 year left he's not worth £90m and it makes no economic sense to keep him. Even if they won the PL and got into CL because he stays and gets 50 goals or whatever that still won't give them the same revenue as if they sold him.

As it is if he stays they high likelihood is he'll score 30 goals in a mediocre side that may scrape Conference League football. But he may of course love the club and want to be part of the recovery so let's see.

Spurs have an agreed deal with Leicester for Maddison. £40m. Source Fabrizio Romano.

If Romano says it then I’d believe it. A very decent player that will suit the style of Ange P. Not world class but very decent.

The bright London lights were always going to attract him.

Spurs have an agreed deal with Leicester for Maddison. £40m. Source Fabrizio Romano.

Arsenal have offered £105m bid for Declan Rice, source David Ornstein. Surely West Ham will accept that.

It is crazy money, I must have missed the notification that Declan Rice won the Ballon D'or
    Last edited by ryanb741; 27th June 2023 at 23:13.

Surely they’ll accept that.

Arsenal have offered £105m bid for Declan Rice, source David Ornstein. Surely West Ham will accept that.

It is crazy money, I must have missed the notification that Declan Rice won the Ballon D'or

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Expensive but not as eye watering as some of the numbers going about, apparently Spurs want to keep Kane no matter what and Kane may want to stay.

West Ham are believed to want 120m for Rice and even at 105m is that in cash or is that in cash plus player plus tesco clubcard vouchers plus boots loyalty card......
    £100m cash, £5m add ons