closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What watch would you wear to an AD?

How did the visit go?

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Ha Ha if only. I'm just a poor, unemployed Sales Rep trying to make a living as a Handyman But thank for the exposure
    A lot of time I wish I had the manual abilities to make that change.

Each year I hate Salesforce and the made up KPIs more.

Good luck to you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A lot of time I wish I had the manual abilities to make that change.

Each year I hate Salesforce and the made up KPIs more.

Good luck to you.
    I feel like crying every time I open sales force and it’s not even core to my job. I just feel the pain of those that have KPIs tracked on it.

What watch would you wear to an AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I feel like crying every time I open sales force and it’s not even core to my job. I just feel the pain of those that have KPIs tracked on it.
    Loading up your dashboard on a Friday afternoon next to your diary making sure all your meetings are logged wishing you had a real job. Thank god I don’t need to log calls these days. HAY GUISE LETS SEE WHO CAN MAKE THE MOST CALLS BY 12. Please just die. Those were the days.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 24th June 2023 at 21:25. Reason: Profanity

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I went into one of the Rolex ADs at Westfield a few years ago and was speaking to a sales assistant about the then very much available Exp II (and was actually about to try one on). At that moment the manager came over and asked her "Do you have any idea what this gentleman has on his wrist"?

I was actually wearing my McQueen, and we proceeded to talk watches for a good half an hour before I was forced to leave to hook up with Bea for lunch. I was quite surprised - in a good way, I should add - and it made the trip out there worthwhile.
    This is certainly similar to my experience. Every time I visit my AD (by which I mean the AD I have most spend and interaction with) I've worn a different watch and it has always been a discussion point with the sales guy I deal with.

He may be humouring me but I get the impression he is genuinely into watches. He loved the brown dial of my Mark18 and we have since chatted about my BB58 blue, Speedmaster and Explorer2 on subsequent visits. He did comment that I must be a 'genuine watch nut'. Thus can't be a bad thing if they are looking to sell to enthusiasts rather than flippers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    How did the visit go?
    Really pleasant. They didn't have what I want to try on but I already knew what I wanted and I had been referred by another branch. The store manager who was floating around came over for a nose and he asked if he could try on my watch. I won't say which I wore because I don't want to fan the flames of the KBW's.

Ended up having a coffee, biscuits and conversation with him about what I was looking for, various new releases and the general state of the market/industry.

He had a real interest and WIS levels of knowledge. He gave me the info on how that particular AD allocates watches and said that he's confident I'll get something as I'm not after any of the hottest models (no timescale though obviously).

We'll see how time plays out but either way I left there happy and quite full of biccies.

What’s a KBW?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What’s a KBW?
    KBW: Krazy Brain Word.

Shame we don’t know which watch was worn after asking the question in the first place.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

And turns out most of the responders know SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    KBW: Krazy Brain Word.

Shame we don’t know which watch was worn after asking the question in the first place.
    KBW obviously means Keyboard Warrior. As to the 2nd point, I'll assume you're not being serious!

Patek obviously

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I won't say which I wore because I don't want to fan the flames of the KBW's.
    Then what an earth was the point of this thread? So you knew the watch you wanted wasn’t in stock and therefore you couldn’t view or try it on let alone buy it, but still asked advice on what you should wear, received some flack, and now won’t enlighten us as to which you decided.

Is it any wonder you get posts like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    That you even asked the question is pathetic. Who cares? Just go in pre-lubed and take the ploughing. FFS grow up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Then what an earth was the point of this thread? So you knew the watch you wanted wasn’t in stock and therefore you couldn’t view or try it on let alone buy it, but still asked advice on what you should wear, received some flack, and now won’t enlighten us as to which you decided.
    Your insight is stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    And turns out most of the responders know SFA.

KBW obviously means Keyboard Warrior. As to the 2nd point, I'll assume you're not being serious!
    Why not serious? Only courteous after people bothered replying (even if only to say it didn’t matter).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Only courteous after people bothered replying (even if only to say it didn’t matter).
    Good point, some useful replies which I appreciate.

I wore the Smiths, a watch nerds watch. Who knows what difference things like this make but the allocation is not first come first served so I thought a conversation was the best way to go. Does it work, we'll see but I think better than going in with a Rolex on the wrist and a chip on the shoulder...

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Good point, some useful replies which I appreciate.

I wore the Smiths, a watch nerds watch. Who knows what difference things like this make but the allocation is not first come first served so I thought a conversation was the best way to go. Does it work, we'll see but I think better than going in with a Rolex on the wrist and a chip on the shoulder...
    Thanks! Guessed it was TBH - the one the manager most likely would want to try on.

Why not serious? Only courteous after people bothered replying (even if only to say it didn’t matter).
    Because what watch has an impact will be heavily influenced by the AD, the sales person, and many other factors - i.e. there is no correct answer. So, knowing what watch was worn on this occasion, and the response to that, matters very little - personal opinion only, the same as all responses of course.

Accepted on the courtesy point though, having asked the Qs.

Craftsman
    I would wear a colourful swatch and a well cut suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Dunno about a watch but magnum handgun might improve your chances or getting something? Seems a great deal of time if your face fits you’re in with a chance.
    I walked into an AD with a Magnum in my hand.

I was told I couldn't eat in the shop...

Thanks, I'm here all week.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 30th June 2023 at 19:29.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    It’s going to greatly depend on the SA you see. I recently took my Panerai for repair at my local Goldsmith. They are not a big branch and TAG and Tudor are their headliners. The SA was obviously a WIS as he immediately spotted the timefactors watch case I brought the Panerai in and mentioned he owned a Baby Dreadnaught. He complimented the SOH I was wearing and commiserated over the necessity for repairing the Panerai. He then queried what other watches I owned and I mentioned my fan boy stance on Ulysse Nardin, at that he let me know that if I wanted to view any he could get them in store to try as the WoS group was an AD for them.
    To say I was blown away by this is an understatement.

Conversely the SA I spoke to when picking the Watch up a month or 2 later was standard mall assistant fodder who knew little and blanked on the UN I was wearing.

So a total lucky dip. Wear what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Marcello C.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    Patek obviously

Sure you would, and there goes any discount you were angling for.

I always wear the last piece “my” AD sold me, simply so they know I haven’t flipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    I always wear the last piece “my” AD sold me, simply so they know I haven’t flipped it.
    The internal debate of most recent, longest owned, or biggest gains

Going to start to matter a bit less now I think

The internal debate of most recent, longest owned, or biggest gains

Going to start to matter a bit less now I think
    My wife always wears the white Daytona they sold me and I wear the most recent purchase, and yep agreed re: it’s not going to matter as much but my ‘system’ bagged me a ‘John Mayer’ in the last couple of weeks so it must still count for something for a little while at least I guess.

Craftsman

What watch would you wear to an AD?

I’d like to think that if I was a savvy SA I’d suss you out in two mins. regardless of your physical presentation

Last edited by ALindsay; 30th June 2023 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    My wife always wears the white Daytona they sold me and I wear the most recent purchase, and yep agreed re: it’s not going to matter as much but my ‘system’ bagged me a ‘John Mayer’ in the last couple of weeks so it must still count for something for a little while at least I guess.
    Definitely helps, shows trust. Getting that YG/Green Daytona after it discontinued wouldn’t have been easy to justify internally.

Master
    I'm just very happy that I don't want to buy a Rolex from an AD. I don't want to have to walk into a shop feeling that I need their approval. The other way round suits me a lot better.

Definitely helps, shows trust. Getting that YG/Green Daytona after it discontinued wouldn’t have been easy to justify internally.
    I'm led to believe that's something of an understatement. Someone at the AD must actually love Spuds!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    Patek obviously

Especially if it’s a Chinese £60 copy, the AD won’t know it’s a fake and give you some bubbly to get you to buy.