closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Question

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    and my money is placed very firmly on Harry extending his contract.
    Any more rumours of HK building a new house Tony? Think Harry Redknapp was quoting that but without any details......so it could be nonsense and/or just an investment property and not for living in.

And if Harry was to leave (be allowed to..........) where do you think he could/would want to go? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Any more rumours of HK building a new house Tony? Think Harry Redknapp was quoting that but without any details......so it could be nonsense and/or just an investment property and not for living in.

And if Harry was to leave (be allowed to..........) where do you think he could/would want to go? Cheers.
    Seems to be the case, Gareth. It's hinted to be a new family home, although he's certainly into property investment so who knows?

As for where Harry would choose to go if he left, I'm sure his preference would be another PL side so he can continue to chase down that record. I can't see Levy fancying that very much, though.

Premier League 2023-24

Seems to be the case, Gareth. It's hinted to be a new family home, although he's certainly into property investment so who knows?

As for where Harry would choose to go if he left, I'm sure his preference would be another PL side so he can continue to chase down that record. I can't see Levy fancying that very much, though.
    This is what I don’t get about top players with 1 year on their contract, they have all the cards, if Kane wants to leave and insists he will not sign a new contract and will sulk for 12 months Levy can squirm all he likes but he’s over a barrel of 90m+.

I think Harry may well be too nice of a bloke to create a problem and Levy knows this..

Kane is also a low single figure golfer with a love of the game and wealthy enough to afford both a property and membership at Wentworth. I think that’s far more relevant than it’s proximity to Chelsea training ground.

If he genuinely wants to leave for pastures new Levy would be foolhardy to let him leave on a free at the end of next season. He is world class and has become a real playmaker as well as a superb goal scorer. It’s going to be much easier to replace him with money from his sale.

I just don’t believe ambition to win trophies is high on Levy’s list of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Kane is also a low single figure golfer with a love of the game and wealthy enough to afford both a property and membership at Wentworth. I think that’s far more relevant than it’s proximity to Chelsea training ground.

If he genuinely wants to leave for pastures new Levy would be foolhardy to let him leave on a free at the end of next season. He is world class and has become a real playmaker as well as a superb goal scorer. It’s going to be much easier to replace him with money from his sale.

I just don’t believe ambition to win trophies is high on Levy’s list of priorities.

Would love Kane at Arsenal, we'd offer £100m for him but I suspect even Levy wouldn't be cynical enough to let that one go through, plus no guarantee of trophies.

Sure, totally agreed on all counts Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    This is what I don’t get about top players with 1 year on their contract, they have all the cards, if Kane wants to leave and insists he will not sign a new contract and will sulk for 12 months Levy can squirm all he likes but he’s over a barrel of 90m+.

I think Harry may well be too nice of a bloke to create a problem and Levy knows this..
    Again, totally agree and especially with that last comment. And the fact Harry's Brother is his agent makes them both, in my view, an easier pair for Levy to deal with as they are not in his league for tactics/negotiations I would imagine.......so DL ties them both in knots until the nice side of Harry comes out and he just gives in. Again.

No disrespect with Spurs fans but Kane is still (even with some good new signings/new Manager who looks decent...........until he's not and Levy sacks him!) wasting his career now by staying as silverware isn't going to happen in 23/24 at all. And is the PL scoring record really that key in reality? Maybe but if staying to get that hampers the rest of the career I just cannot see the sense in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Sure, totally agreed on all counts Tony.

Again, totally agree and especially with that last comment. And the fact Harry's Brother is his agent makes them both, in my view, an easier pair for Levy to deal with as they are not in his league for tactics/negotiations I would imagine.......so DL ties them both in knots until the nice side of Harry comes out and he just gives in. Again.

No disrespect with Spurs fans but Kane is still (even with some good new signings/new Manager who looks decent...........until he's not and Levy sacks him!) wasting his career now by staying as silverware isn't going to happen in 23/24 at all. And is the PL scoring record really that key in reality? Maybe but if staying to get that hampers the rest of the career I just cannot see the sense in that.
    Haaland would beat Kane's record anyway if he stayed another 4 or 5 seasons.

One stat Graeme Souness came out with which I thought was incredible was that if Cristiano Ronaldo never scored another goal again, then Erling Haaland would need to score 43 goals each season for the next 16 seasons just to level Ronaldo's record!

https://www.google.com/search?q=grae...id:CNetNhhrM0M

The Kane situation puzzles me. I think I said it earlier in the thread but Levy must know that Kane is going to sign another contract or surely he’d be trying to flog him now. Most people, and especially Levy, would be wanting to recoup £90m+ rather than nowt in 12 months. He’ll end up Spurs, England and EPL record scorer but some day those will all be overtaken. That leaves him with precisely nothing in terms of career achievements. I don’t get that. For a player of his quality to not have the ambition to win a single professional honour really baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The Kane situation puzzles me. I think I said it earlier in the thread but Levy must know that Kane is going to sign another contract or surely he’d be trying to flog him now. Most people, and especially Levy, would be wanting to recoup £90m+ rather than nowt in 12 months. He’ll end up Spurs, England and EPL record scorer but some day those will all be overtaken. That leaves him with precisely nothing in terms of career achievements. I don’t get that. For a player of his quality to not have the ambition to win a single professional honour really baffles me.
    I think he must just be happy at Spurs but I agree he should have left years ago, the issue now is he is 30 soon, so way too old for someone to be spending £100 mil on. How many good seasons does he have left? 2 maybe?

Master
    Unfortunately Levy stitched him when the chance to go to city came along and as we now know that boat has sailed - Im a united fan and would love him to come but it wont happen and I cant see any reason for him to leave spurs unless he has a guaranteed chance of winning things and its only really City where that is guaranteed, for me he damages his reputation and legendary status at spurs by signing for any other english side so unless Madrid or Munich do come in for him I dont see him going anywhere and I cant blame him to be honest

Other than financial gain it would make no sense to me on a footballing basis to leave unless he can win things - its a shame as hes earned the right to win things but there really isnt many clubs that can guarantee that - personally Id like to see him go and win things as a neutral but I dont see that happening =- records get broken medals are forever

I also think by there nature strikers are selfish and love personal accoloades and the adulation of the fans - hes probably settled in London so unless there really is a great move which I dont think there is it makes no sense to gamble not in this country anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 30th June 2023 at 14:28.