closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 3D printing - Any experts on here?

3D printing - Any experts on here?

Long shot, but thought it was worth seeing if anyone on here has experience of 3D printing.

I’ve had an idea for a product which I need to prototype. The most sensible way to do this is by 3D printing the parts as a proof of concept.

I’m pretty handy at cad and have been playing around with creating models in 3D which I would be able to print from.

I don’t have a clue about 3D printing and was thinking about buying a unit and experimenting until I figure it out. Does anyone on here have any experience or know any good resources to learn the ropes of 3D printing?

Master
    I’ve been 3D printing for a few years now and love it, I’m not amazing at cad and mainly use tinkercad as it’s free and simple, basically like making things with Lego! I run an Ender machine with a direct drive, very inexpensive and easy to use

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    Long shot, but thought it was worth seeing if anyone on here has experience of 3D printing.

I’ve had an idea for a product which I need to prototype. The most sensible way to do this is by 3D printing the parts as a proof of concept.

I’m pretty handy at cad and have been playing around with creating models in 3D which I would be able to print from.

I don’t have a clue about 3D printing and was thinking about buying a unit and experimenting until I figure it out. Does anyone on here have any experience or know any good resources to learn the ropes of 3D printing?

You can send the cad files/ obj to a third party printing service , you’ll get better results for less money unless you plan to do a lot of printing

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

3DPRINTUK east London are good.

Someone on here while ago had a thread about printing a clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Someone on here while ago had a thread about printing a clock.
    That'll be me.. Here you go....

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rbillion+clock

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Ah yes, any updates?

Just a lot of parts in pieces! A parked project shall we say.

I had to buy a lot of steel rods for creating all the standoffs and really must get back to it.