closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Octopus Agile users

Hybrid View

How do you work out if this makes sense for you overall? I have Octopus but like the cheap rate at night as I can charge my battery with it...

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    How do you work out if this makes sense for you overall? I have Octopus but like the cheap rate at night as I can charge my battery with it...

Because I was paying their basic tacit before which was 33.50 pence per KWh
    They release the following days half hourly prices at 4pm so you can what they are
    As of yet the price hasn’t been over 33.50 at any part day and night and in general if you average the whole day it’s sits at somewhere better 18p-22p per kWh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    They have allowed me to sign up, but did not do it.
    I think rates vary across regions?

I may give it a go, based on the rates I see on yours FFF.
    We are high energy users during the day - charge the car once a week - so the maths didn't add up for the EV night tariff.

But if the day rates are as you show, this could be the way to go. May take a risk!

Edit: Just made the swtich and they say it is live today.
    How will they notify me of tomorrow's rates? By email or some other thing I need to login to, in order to check? Would be interesting to compare to yours FFF, to see if we are getting the same or different. I assume they will not be the same.
    Last edited by Boss13; 3rd July 2023 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    They have allowed me to sign up, but did not do it.
    I think rates vary across regions?

I may give it a go, based on the rates I see on yours FFF.
    We are high energy users during the day - charge the car once a week - so the maths didn't add up for the EV night tariff.

But if the day rates are as you show, this could be the way to go. May take a risk!

Edit: Just made the swtich and they say it is live today.
    How will they notify me of tomorrow's rates? By email or some other thing I need to login to, in order to check? Would be interesting to compare to yours FFF, to see if we are getting the same or different. I assume they will not be the same.
    Agile I believe is the same across the whole regions, don’t think it’s like Flux or flexible where they do differ

The app is the best place….
    Download and click usage
    Then at the bottom here….

Then it shows you todays 1/2 hourly prices
    Tomorrows come out at 4pm - you’ll see that in the same place as below

I am on Go which seemed a "no brainer" same standing charge (48p) & unit rate (30.6), but 9.5p 00.30-04.30 so handy for topping up the car, run dishwasher, washing machine etc off peak.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Agile I believe is the same across the whole regions, don’t think it’s like Flux or flexible where they do differ

The app is the best place….
    Download and click usage
    Then at the bottom here….

Then it shows you todays 1/2 hourly prices
    Tomorrows come out at 4pm - you’ll see that in the same place as below

Thanks will check that shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I am on Go which seemed a "no brainer" same standing charge (48p) & unit rate (30.6), but 9.5p 00.30-04.30 so handy for topping up the car, run dishwasher, washing machine etc off peak.
    I did ask about GO but for me it was 7.5p 1230-430 but around 42p all other times, which would not have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Thanks will check that shortly.

I did ask about GO but for me it was 7.5p 1230-430 but around 42p all other times, which would not have worked.
    It might be worth checking again as before I had similar, but just swapped the other day as peak rates the same now at the expense of off peak but that makes things easier for me as can just try to take advantage of the night rate when I can.

Last edited by MB2; 3rd July 2023 at 15:39.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post

If you're already with octopus i think you could use guy lipman's site to rerun your existing bill with alternative to tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    If you're already with octopus i think you could use guy lipman's site to rerun your existing bill with alternative to tariffs.
    Thanks!