Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
I like Sprinsteen's earlier stuff prior to mid-80s, Born In The USA was the last decent album he made in my opinion but I don't rate that as highly as The River, Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, or the first two albums either. I saw him in 1985 at Leeds and he was brilliant, but I was much more into his music then than I am now. Have to admit, when I`ve seen him on TV recently he still sounds credible despite advancing years and it sounds like he still gives a decent performance, but my days of concert-going on this scale are over, too much hassle for the limited enjoyment I`d get.

I find it surprising that an extended rendition of Kitty's Back earns criticism, I`ve always liked the track! The jazz analogy amused me, as I`ve grown older I`ve got into Jazz, took a while but I got there.

One of my favourite Springsteen tracks is Frankie, which didn`t feature on the mainstream albums and wasn`t released until the 4CD box set (Tracks) came out in 1998, I recommend this boxed set to any Springsteen fans.
Agree with most of this. Saw him first in 1981 and also at Leeds in 85 and a few other times too. Went to Hyde Park last night and it was an excellent concert. Shorter than he used to do but still three hours. Kitty’s Back was actually better than I thought it would be and the older tracks probably outnumbered the newer ones.
You’d have to go some to better numbers 20 to 27 on the set list.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce...-1ba7dde0.html