closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iron Maiden at the O2

Iron Maiden at the O2

Well I'd like to say it was a complete pleasure.....which the gig was but.....the traffic! It took me five hours from Chelmsford less than forty miles! They had shut the Blackwall tunnel South to North. But as the North to South was still open Google maps directed everyone there! It was carnage. I got there (the O2) via Tower Bridge in the end. Dave Murray the iron Maiden Guitarist was stuck in it too, this led to the gig being delayed for half an hour.

The actual show was superb, they are great value for money, Bruce's voice at 65 is still strong a true wonder seeing he has survived mouth cancer. All the band are OAP's but they are fit and can still produce a fantastic performance. Long live Iron Maiden!

It’s forty years since I took my little sister to see them in Bradford on their Number Of The Beast tour and they’re still going strong. Amazing really.

They were fantastic live back then too.

Generally the Dartford Crossing provides an easier drive into SE London. Alternatively, wasn’t the Woolwich Ferry running? Blackwall would generally not be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It’s forty years since I took my little sister to see them in Bradford on their Number Of The Beast tour and they’re still going strong. Amazing really.

I saw them in Cardiff on The World Piece tour, must have been about a year later than your tour. Fantastic then, and amazing to think they are still going strong (although a few band members are mentioning the R word a lot in interviews lately).

Hi Paul

We went to the O2 a few weeks ago, drove to Epping got the underground to Stratford, changed for Greenwich, 45 minutes door to door, only walk was at Stratford,I’m assuming you can go on the underground

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    October 4th 1986,I went to Par to see Maiden at the much missed Cornwall Coliseum. I got off the train, only to find Bruce Dickinson was on the same train (I saw the road manager at the station exit, having recognised him from the booklet in the Live After Death album & he told me Bruce had been in a fencing competition in Oxford where the last gig was a few days before & he'd followed the band by train).
    Long story short, I blagged a lift to the gig with Bruce & the road manager & he gave me a signed photo. Sadly it was lost in a house move but I still remember the day.

Lovely story Speedy. Bruce and other band members really came across as nice folk on that documentary from 10 or so years ago following them on their world tour. Bruce piloting Ed Force One. Cracking viewing that.
    I had a ticket to see them in the early-mid 80s but my older brother talked me into selling it to his mate. Still hoping to see the band one day but should perhaps get a move on.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Generally the Dartford Crossing provides an easier drive into SE London. Alternatively, wasn’t the Woolwich Ferry running? Blackwall would generally not be my first choice.
    I came home that way, I stupidly followed Google maps advice. Both the Rotherhithe tunnel & the Woolwich ferry were swamped. You could not move the traffic was so heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Hi Paul

We went to the O2 a few weeks ago, drove to Epping got the underground to Stratford, changed for Greenwich, 45 minutes door to door, only walk was at Stratford,I’m assuming you can go on the underground
    My mates went that way Adrian, being disabled I can’t do the bun fight on the tube on the way home when the O2 empties out. Maybe next time I’ll give it a go?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Well I'd like to say it was a complete pleasure.....which the gig was but.....the traffic! It took me five hours from Chelmsford less than forty miles! They had shut the Blackwall tunnel South to North. But as the North to South was still open Google maps directed everyone there! It was carnage. I got there (the O2) via Tower Bridge in the end. Dave Murray the iron Maiden Guitarist was stuck in it too, this led to the gig being delayed for half an hour.The actual show was superb, they are great value for money, Bruce's voice at 65 is still strong a true wonder seeing he has survived mouth cancer. All the band are OAP's but they are fit and can still produce a fantastic performance. Long live Iron Maiden!
    Agreed on both counts. It was bad enough getting off the A2 on the bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57