closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone had any experience with tesa Sugru Mouldable Glue ?

Anyone had any experience with tesa Sugru Mouldable Glue ?

On another forum someone recommended it to repair a rip in a car soft top roof and I having a small hole in my soft top I thought I would give it a go.

In the pack I received there were three pieces which feel and look a lot like Plasticine, I applied it to my top (not very neatly) and it seems to be working ok up to now and still in place after raising and lowering the top a few times.

I also used a small amount to repair my iphone charging lead which was beginning to fray.

As always time will tell.

Journeyman
    I've used it on a usb-c and something else (which I can't remember now). All good, and I remember thinking that I'd get some more as it seems like it's very handy to have around. Will see how long lasting it is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I also used a small amount to repair my iphone charging lead which was beginning to fray.
    I bought some on a whim a few years ago and that’s about all I did with it. Given the putty-like consistency, I never thought about using it for fabric repairs. I assumed car fabric roof repairs had specific products for the purpose.

As long as it’s working, that’s the important thing.

Master
    Its not very strong snd it deteriotes and cracks easily after 12months or so . If you look online you can actually find recipes for diying similar materials which are more resilient.

There are better solutions

Used it to repair a washing machine door seal.

Did the job well and neatly, considering a hot and wet environment is a tough ask, though it’s only been a few weeks and time will truly tell.

If I have to replace the seal eventually it’s no big deal, but I thought the Sugru was worth a try and it will probably come in handy elsewhere.

Apparently unopened packs should be kept in the fridge or freezer to extend their use by date.

I’ve used it to protect a cable run coming into my porch from outside, basically plugging the gaps around the cable as well as holding the cable in place. It’s quite exposed and has held firm for a couple of years now, so I’d trust it and use it again.

I have used it to plug a leak in the sole of hinking shoe.
    it goes off quick though so use by its date. best have a few uses for it when buying.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Only used sugru on indoor items with good results, but not sure how it will fare being exposed to the elements

I used it on/with an old pair of running Bluetooth headphones to make effectively a “custom in ear” which stayed out rather than me adjusting every third stride.