closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Octopus Agile users

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    No worries.
    Ive essentially halved my bill being on agile, you may get times when it goes above the what was price cap of 34p but overall throughout the day its a lot cheaper. Reading on various forums/FB groups etc the negative price drop today was caused by high winds yesterday.
    Nice surprise today though so got the immersion on and car on charge from 9am til 12 for virtually nothing.
    We are going out in the car at 10am. Typical!
    But charged overnight and the rates were very good from midinight too.

We have not changed any behaviours at home, only rule now is - no car charging between 4-7pm.
    But generally, we thought to continue using things as we normally would and in theory it should be cheaper anyway.

Quite a few days, I forget to check the rates, so the 4-7pm rule works well as it is guaranteed to be higher during those times due to their formula from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    We are going out in the car at 10am. Typical!
    But charged overnight and the rates were very good from midinight too.

We have not changed any behaviours at home, only rule now is - no car charging between 4-7pm.
    But generally, we thought to continue using things as we normally would and in theory it should be cheaper anyway.

Quite a few days, I forget to check the rates, so the 4-7pm rule works well as it is guaranteed to be higher during those times due to their formula from what I understand.
    Great day today also, from about 4.30am through to 4pm its in negative figures!

Master
    Great day today also, from about 4.30am through to 4pm its in negative figures!
    Brilliant.

Except my wife decided 430pm would be a good time to put the dishwasher on! Haha!
    Oh well.

Craftsman
    We moved from Octopus SV rate to Agile earlier this week.

We filled our boots with electricity that they paid us to take this weekend - we even used the tumble drier instead of the washing line (in between the frequent rain showers).

I've now set the battery back to what it was on Friday - charging to 75% overnight and just after lunchtime.

The saving , so far, averages about 40 odd % on week days - with this weekend plunge pricing the saving was about 90%.

So far, all upsides!

I dont have octoplus thats why…will look in to it, whats the difference?

Master
    This might help
    Sometimes free electricity and saving sessions
    https://octopus.energy/octoplus/

Master
    I dont have octoplus thats why…will look in to it, whats the difference?
    It’s essentially their points system.
    Allows you to opt in to savings sessions. Which confused me quite a bit at first. I opted in for the sake of it. Don’t think I will see many savings and don’t usually opt in for the savings session. When you opt in if you are able to power off and use less electric than usual they will give you some points which means money off I think.

I have noticed the Greggs drink offer. Who is going to go in for a free drink and not buy a sausage roll? Not me.