closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Omega Ultra Deep 6000m

Blog Entries
    Just as a matter of interest but does anyone know if the Tantalum/Sedna Gold Seamaster is a hard to get model? Or is it order-and-pay-and-receive with no special 'expression of interest' faffing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Just as a matter of interest but does anyone know if the Tantalum/Sedna Gold Seamaster is a hard to get model? Or is it order-and-pay-and-receive with no special 'expression of interest' faffing?
    Mark, if you mean the one that comes on rubber strap? I guess option is to go to a Boutique and check - I got one then they first hit the market and could have chosen between any of the models. Times have changed now though I suppose. You could go grey and get a few quid off if that's the one you know you want though? All the best. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Mark, if you mean the one that comes on rubber strap? I guess option is to go to a Boutique and check - I got one then they first hit the market and could have chosen between any of the models. Times have changed now though I suppose. You could go grey and get a few quid off if that's the one you know you want though? All the best. Martyn
    It's this one on bracelet, https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21060422099001, I was thinking of.

(Yes, I do like gold ;-) ).

Regrettably I'm not ready to buy so I'm not keen on the idea of visiting a boutique just to enquire about maybe possibly buying at an indeterminate time in the future. Especially if the answer was that I needed to form a relationship, or similar.

Doesn't really matter. I was just curious. I'll find out for sure in due course I guess.

You are right that buying this from a grey would almost certainly (at the moment) result in a saving.

Omega Ultra Deep 6000m

It's this one on bracelet, https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21060422099001, I was thinking of.

(Yes, I do like gold ;-) ).

Regrettably I'm not ready to buy so I'm not keen on the idea of visiting a boutique just to enquire about maybe possibly buying at an indeterminate time in the future. Especially if the answer was that I needed to form a relationship, or similar.

Doesn't really matter. I was just curious. I'll find out for sure in due course I guess.

You are right that buying this from a grey would almost certainly (at the moment) result in a saving.

Looks like you can just buy it on the website. Remember one on SC year or so ago.
    Always fancied Ta watch myself ( even though not much content here).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Looks like you can just buy it on the website.
    Yup, I noticed that but one shouldn't necessarily believe it. I was curious to see if anyone had experience. The mention of precious metal models in this thread caused me to enquire here, just in case.

It is a bit Marmite-y, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    So they won’t appear before 2023?! That’s strange, to say the least, when the launch was early March this year.

Hard to know if it's 'cock-up or conspiracy' - i.e. technical issues/failure to anticipate demand, or an attempt to manipulate the market a-la-Rolex by artificially limiting supply. I have my suspicions...

---

FWLIW, I think the UDs look great, esp. the Ti - and for those with 'Top Trumps' mindsets, these will be perceived to kick Rolex's ass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Hard to know if it's 'cock-up or conspiracy' - i.e. technical issues/failure to anticipate demand, or an attempt to manipulate the market a-la-Rolex by artificially limiting supply. I have my suspicions...
    Perhaps the colour rubs off on people's arms.

Perhaps the colour rubs off on people's arms.
    Ah yes, that'll be the new Omega Bleedmaster...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not heard re the Ultra Deep but did get a call from another Omega Boutique for the green diver. The rest must be trickling through shortly.
    Have you not been looking on eBay? No need to put your name down… there’s been a green SMP on eBay for quite a while now for a mere £29,995. I’m absolutely amazed nobody has snapped it up at that bargain price!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Had an interesting hour at the Omega boutique
    tried on the pm versions of the speedie, green and panda on straps and bracelet , first impressions the green dial pm speedie isn’t as clear as the panda version.
    Then tried on the ultra deep , that definitely works better in ti than steel purely on heft factor alone . The titanium also feels very tactile almost soft , i know that sounds strange ,similar to high grade silicon straps. Both I was told would be available in around 6 months from date of order.
    Also the conversation did come around to purchase options and spend for future high demand models . It seems there is now a min spend of between 8,9k to be a preferential customer to be considered for snoopy future models .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wowzers…. Looking at it, top down, it looks superb… but that thickness is… formidable. So to speak.

Master
    Didn’t realise these had become available. The market seems underwhelmed. There’s a titanium one listed by a dealer on eBay at a modest £1k over list.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225287696604

I thought that might be the most popular version.

I think the delay between the initial release and the watches becoming available has killed a bit of the buzz for some Omega models recently. I don't know if it's intentional and they're trying to build up hype or if it's just the way they sequence things or due to supply issues etc, but I don't think it's working for them. I still love the look of the titanium model but it's just way too big for me unfortunately.

Didn’t realise these had become available. The market seems underwhelmed. There’s a titanium one listed by a dealer on eBay at a modest £1k over list.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225287696604

I thought that might be the most popular version.
    The Titanium model has been available recently in the OB Trafford Centre. It is showing out of stock today but I tried it on a couple of weeks ago and it wore very tall with the thickish Nato running under the case. I also felt it looked a bit "industrial" for the price. I was wearing my FXD and much preferred it.

Beaverbrooks have the white dial on rubber in stock on line today. https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01308...r-Mens-Watch/p

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    The Titanium model has been available recently in the OB Trafford Centre. It is showing out of stock today but I tried it on a couple of weeks ago and it wore very tall with the thickish Nato running under the case. I also felt it looked a bit "industrial" for the price. I was wearing my FXD and much preferred it.

Beaverbrooks have the white dial on rubber in stock on line today. https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01308...r-Mens-Watch/p

Interesting! Not surprised the white dial is available. To me, it doesn’t look quite right on that kind of watch.

Not sure what the distribution is on these as my AD said relatively recently that it would be the new year before they were likely to see them.

They had a few of these at the boutique in London a few weeks back, including the ti. Watches of distinction also have the ti for sale at £12.4. I’d really like one but waiting to see where they go over the next year. I’d probably go steel in white.
    Last edited by tz-uk73; 28th December 2022 at 19:54.

Been to Meadowhall omega AD today,none on show ,was hoping to try one ,I could of put my name down but they had no idea when they were likely to receive any.
    I’m happy to wait for preowned .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Omega Ultra Deep 6000m

Two on sale today at Canary Wharf Omega Boutique today.

They also have the x33 Time on Mars if anyone has a trip planned.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 2nd January 2023 at 23:17. Reason: Incorrectly referred to the x33 as a Speedmaster

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Two on sale today at Canary Wharf Omega Boutique today.

They also have the Speedmaster Time on Mars if anyone has a trip planned.

As much as I like the NATO in theory, the amount it adds to the “width” when added to the height of the watch would kill it for me. And I guarantee I’d be catching the metal parts of the strap all the time.

Blog Entries
    I like the look of us one. I guess no “profile” pics?

I’ll have to contact my dealer (what an appropriate name for this hobby) to see if they have them available
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master

I’ll have to contact my dealer (what an appropriate name for this hobby) to see if they have them available

In stock!

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01308...r-Mens-Watch/p

Master

Sorry no.

I'd be buying on the bracelet and adding an extra strap. That is, if I had manly enough wrists to carry it off.

As much as I like the NATO in theory, the amount it adds to the “width” when added to the height of the watch would kill it for me. And I guarantee I’d be catching the metal parts of the strap all the time.
    For me, those Omega NATOs remind me of a comb over………unnecessary, uncomfortable and a bit pointless. Seems ok on the rubber strap but it isn’t any real competition for the superior Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea.

On NATO it looks dreadful.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it looks dreadful on the rubber strap as well. Thick and clumsy.

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    On NATO it looks dreadful.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it looks dreadful on the rubber strap as well. Thick and clumsy.
    Omega need to understand that you don't buy a £12k watch on a Nato!

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Didn’t realise there was a new model. Asked my AD for a look at one when they were released. Not heard a peep in 18 months or whatever it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Last edited by David_D; 5th August 2023 at 16:36.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Probably the best of the 'deep' range this one. Dial looks stunning

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

I couldn't wear it, but what a looker!

Looks great in pics but in the metal the dial looks comically small against the wide bezel and puffy case.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Looks great in pics but in the metal the dial looks comically small against the wide bezel and puffy case.
    Everything’s relative!