Thread: Perezscope and Hodinkee today

Perezscope and Hodinkee today

On his Instagram feed today

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvsG_wbt...c4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Although it’s this:

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Considering HODINKEE’s current audience/clientele, I doubt anyone will bother

If I was going to buy a 6 figure watch I certainly wouldn’t head down to Paddy’s Market. I’m sure you would engage the services of someone who knows what they are doing, even if it’s in an advisory capacity.

Journeyman
    I enjoyed the interview and thought Adam Levine came across as an enthusiastic collector. I find Perzscope’s tone overly self congratulatory and really off putting. Also, like Jake’s Rolex World - which now seems to be championing Alex Jones (not the fragrant Welsh TV presenter) - he seems to be going a bit ‘peculiar’.

I do like Perezscope’ forensic analysis and he has an excellent track record. The risk is that hubris may end up with him calling something genuine a fake, and that will be the kind of error it’s hard to recover from. I see @rolexpassionreport is calling his comments inaccurate

D

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I do like Perezscope’ forensic analysis and he has an excellent track record. The risk is that hubris may end up with him calling something genuine a fake, and that will be the kind of error it’s hard to recover from. I see @rolexpassionreport is calling his comments inaccurate

D

Philipp knows his stuff.
    Perez seems intent on flaming everyone, it’s sometimes not as black and white as he puts it. Imo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Philipp knows his stuff.
    Perez seems intent on flaming everyone, it’s sometimes not as black and white as he puts it. Imo.
    No it’s not. When he used to work for Phillips not once did he put them. He claims he left because they were not actively using his input but this is only one side of the story

Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    Philipp knows his stuff.
    @rolexpassionreport / Philipp Stahl has been nothing but rude to me over the Smiths/Rolex/Everest issue (I nearly said "question" rather than "issue" but there's no ambiguity or uncertainly in the matter, as this forum has proven.) He has a mixed reputation but I found him unpleasant and wilfully obtuse.

Perezscope and Hodinkee today

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    @rolexpassionreport / Philipp Stahl has been nothing but rude to me over the Smiths/Rolex/Everest issue (I nearly said "question" rather than "issue" but there's no ambiguity or uncertainly in the matter, as this forum has proven.) He has a mixed reputation but I found him unpleasant and wilfully obtuse.
    That guy is so far up his backside his head has lapped his anus twice.

He is a total clown who posts rolex release predictions and the deletes the wrong ones after the launch. He does this every year and deletes comments.

Rolex clickbait.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    If I was going to buy a 6 figure watch I certainly wouldn’t head down to Paddy’s Market. I’m sure you would engage the services of someone who knows what they are doing, even if it’s in an advisory capacity.
    Completely agree, spend the extra for advice to make sure you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That guy is so far up his backside his head has lapped his anus twice.

He is a total clown who posts rolex release predictions and the deletes the wrong ones after the launch. He does this every year and deletes comments.
    Agree. I questioned one of his predictions a few years ago and he blocked me on Instagram. Total tool.

“Mixed reputation” is about right. Heard similar stories before.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That guy is so far up his backside his head has lapped his anus twice
    Love that, will try and use it myself ASAP!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Agree. I questioned one of his predictions a few years ago and he blocked me on Instagram. Total tool.
    All of them seem to have an agenda , being asked polite questions by enthusiastic Rolex collectors is one such way he enjoys toying with them

Rolex does seem to attract a certain type. Or vice versa.

Maybe they all meet up for a get-together at the Crown & Wanker?

Rolex does seem to attract a certain type. Or vice versa.

Maybe they all meet up for a get-together at the Crown & Wanker?
    I fell sorry for you. Really.